Opinions on grow method.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lizardking84, Feb 28, 2006.

1. So I am planning a big outdoor grow on my private land this summer and if the weather was like last summer, I should have a great harvest. My question is: the area has a soil which consists of alot of hardwood forest and very healthy undergrowth but the soil gets pretty sandy once you start digging. Would it be worth it to till up a plot and add some good topsoil or would it be easier/better to grow in large pots? I've read alot of pros and cons for both but any personal experience/opinions would be cool.

2. I wouldn't be able to tell you about the best soil, but if you're planning on growing for a BIG harvest outside, I would forget about putting them in pots. This would most likely restrict growth, depending on exactly how tall you're hoping for...Just a suggestion.

3. Well I have 10 seeds of early misty so it's a crapshoot as to how many females I get but I would like to get at least a few ounces from every plant, seeing as I've read about over 1lb possible per plant, but I'm not going to push my luck just yet. :)

4. So total plants with be 10? As for soil if you want good quality try foxfarm. I use cheap soil and just add some lime and perlite for drainage. I would go with in the ground since you say you got weather. I have read misty can take longer then expected. Also when you change the soil use a ph tester since you alot of wood in there.

5. Well 10 seeds so hopefully I get at least 5 females. That's not good about early misty, I bought it specifically because it said it had a short flowering time.

6. Nah... youll quickly learn that most early strains arent that quick. If its your private land why not grow in buckets and then bring them in and let them finish by the window? I highly suggest you do dat... it would let you grow some potent ass strains and not worry about time.

7. yes growing in pots would be very good but if i were you id dig about a 6f wide, 6f long, 6f deep for 10 plants and fill all that with good soil, id just fill that whole with %50 potting soil, %25 worm castings, and %25 bat guano (kind of alot of work though dont know how much time/effort/money u wanted to put into this...)

:smoke:

but if u can grow inside it would be a very great thing to start them right now in a window with a few flouros or something .. will deffinatly increase yield sufficiantly.. what day u plan on planting and are u germinating

8. tilling land is annoying and hard work so i would go with pots. if yo decide not to use pots i would just make big hoes and fill em up with the good soil you were talking bout

9. Well I would really like to make this a successful harvest so I'll put a fair amount of money into it. But I'd rather invest the money on big pots and soil rather than preparing a plot of land. Judging by the weather around here, I will be able to put them outdoors permanently in mid to end of May. I will germinate them and start them off inside just to insure they dont die on me right away.

Would bringing them inside at the end of flowering increase yield or will letting nature run its course work out better?

10. I would use some big pots, since you can move them if they are getting covered by tall trees or bushes. dont put all your plants at one spot if rippers do make it to your property they will find one instead of all of them, ive had to learn from experiances there.a few weeks to harvest if the waether starts to crap out get out a 400 watthps and finish them inside ensures you they wont get ruined by bud mold or rippers. cheers

11. yea bringing them in would be nice if you got a light, but by the kitchen window sill wont cut it. :p

12. yea bringing them in would be nice if you got a light, but by the kitchen window sill wont cut it. :p

13. I figured that...my main source of lighting for indoors is my 400W HPS, that might not be enough for 5+ big ass (hopefully) plants.

If I germinate and start indoors and plant outdoors at the end of May (about 2-3 weeks growth already), when could I expect (roughly) to harvest?