Curren$y / Spitta Appreciation Thread (+JET$)

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by superHIGHedUP, Jun 15, 2011.

1. what kind of legacy do you guys think spitta will leave behind??

Personally I think he will be mostly forgotten but with a cult like following... kinda like mac dre or devin the dude or AZ

with that said he will definitely be remembered for how much he pushed the mixtape culture forward into the mainstream with such confidence and style

2. On an independent level, the guy is well respected. Since the weed game is at an all time high, I know Spitta appreciates the love from his fans.

I will speak from personal experience, about 4 years ago, he was doing small shows and getting some love. Since he hit Rock the Bells, his shows have packed up and his tours and release of new material is unmatched. The guy releases so much material for free its crazy!

Ill never forget how he performed here at Voodoo Lounge in the bay like 4 years ago and there was lucky to be 150 tops, but he chilled after the show and smoked with a few fans. Flash forward, the guy still does that with his fans now with thousands in the crowd.

He's legendary, and his fan base continues to grow as I put friends on.

3. #3105 cannabisdayzzzd, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    Tons of people know him and listen to his older shit. A huge stoner croud from my HS listened to him and wiz and ab soul and joeybada$$, the A$AP mob and big krit.
    Id say people that fuck with those artists have a good chance of fuckin with curren$y

But I know there is not to many that get his new shit like us. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. His new ish is much different, some consider it lazy, I call it just being stoned and being in your own your lane.

His new music is easy to smoke and ride to. One thing for sure, his music has tons of bass.

I hope he collabs with Ab Soul more or any member from TDE...

5. does the homie Trademark ever have any shows? Been wanting to see him live for a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum Cj. M. N m z. O. I H
    Jfiyg v y n. k. Go

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410578007.172341.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Lovin the new shit
    Wasn't much for le$ but I'm gettin into it more and more

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

8. I hope these fuccbois Le$ and TY aren't gonna get so many features in the future. These guys blow.

9. I know Le$ is signed to JLR. TY maybe next...unless he goes with Cash Money.

Le$ isnt that bad..he has a good track every now and then.

10. Le$ is defbetter than this TY guy... but idk... they make organized crime pretty unlistenable for me.

overall Organized Crime was pretty bad imo. The beats were... Flamingo Barnes 2-esk... N if you haven't heard flamingo barnes 2.. dont bother it sucks lol

11. #3118 invinciblejets, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    I like this le$ for sure..his flow in this is on point IMO
    http://youtu.be/8KQqqiwiIh8

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

12. New jetlife EP drops tonight.

#audioD

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. #3120 invinciblejets, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    Any word on that ep????
    edit: his Twitter says he forgot while he was flying to Vegas lol he said he's gonna drop it with some bonus track tho so that's was good.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️