Curren$y / Spitta Appreciation Thread (+JET$)

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by superHIGHedUP, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Man, How fly, kush and oj and prince of the city and remind me of my HS years and give me goosebumps. That music is unreal and I feel like anyone would love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #3062 llllllllll, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    u guys think spitta can ever top what he did from 2011-2012?

covert coup
    Verde Terrace
    weekend @ burnies
    Cig Boats
    Here
    Priest Andretti

I dont think so

Not only can he not top Covert Coup.. but to even come close to releasing this many back to back projects that are all so good just isn't gonna happen again imo.. 

Like even Drive In Theatre doesn't come close to any of these mixtapes 

edit: idk i guess its not fair to say that about DiT... its a good mixtape its just not as good as anything I listed... which is saying something because its still a solid free project.

3. That wasn't long ago at all. He just hasn't dropped very much. I think he'll pull it off.

4. What you guys think of Wiz new album Blacc Hollywood? Im still a hardcore Wiz fan to the end, Jetlife!

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. It was pretty long ago actually. 3.5 years is a long time.... for a comparison.. 3.5 years from 2011 (2008ish) spitta was releasing mixtapes like super techmo bowl and independence day... and we can all see just how much he changed up his style since then..

There is pre Covert Coup Currensy and there is post Covert Coup Currensy... both are widely different styles and I for one hope spitta sticks to the later since I am a fan of his slow melodic production and rapping..... but I could be interested to see if he can re-invent his style once more.

The main reason I think covert coup 2 (aka 're-coversionalize') never was talked about since 2011 was because spitta knows he can't top Covert Coup... He dont wanna name another project after cover coup and have most of his fans let down that it did not meet CC standards.  Thats OK tho.. every artist has his or her climax and pinnacle.. except kanye as it appears... he has reinvented his style over and over and shows no signs of stopping

didn't listen to it yet... prolly wont unless someone from Hiphoproundtable cosigns it

6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlXgf1vYz88

Fuel that mellow motivationnnnn  :smoke:

7. Damn it man your right. Kinda a like how wiz hasn't had any thing close to as good as pre kush and Oj.

8. I thought it was decent. These tracks I liked..

KK
    House in the Hills
    The Sleaze
    Still Down
    No Gain (my fave off of BH)
    We Dem Boyz remix (reminds me of Bone Thugs n Harmony)

9. Im curious because he has been making a ton of videos for Drive In Theatre and on tour as we speak. It seems he's working with Jahlil Beats as the primary producer on PT3. I heard it's going to be a retail album so it seems Spitta is putting his main focus on the project.

How do the fellow Jet familia feel about the new producer for Spitta? iT seems CJ Wallis got replaced by An Undestream film producer, Saddi. Any one prefer the switch up??

10. #3070 Gregsta, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    I liked Drive In Theater more than I thought I would... stays on play. I gotta relisten to some older work too, it's been a while since I've been APPRECIATING :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9EuIRsXoL8

And one of my all time FAVES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07KZ4Tg7ep8

11. yea those are some awesome tracks.

12. #3073 llllllllll, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    dope as fucc

13. Im talkin that jetlife til da next life

14. #3075 JetxLife86, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  15. #3077 invinciblejets, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  16. I just joined this forum, went to the music section and stumbled across this. I'm so glad I found some fellow JetLifers. S/o to yall