AEROPONICS design/ grow log/ grow in progress. first non soil grow indoors

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by seed-to-lung, Jun 14, 2011.

1. when you say rig what do you mean?:confused_2: are you talking the aero spraying tubing or are you refering to the entire grow room as the rig? the new aero design cost roughly 40 bucks in materials (tubing, sprayers, fittings) but the 600watt light kit $275 hortilux eye HPS $100, tent materials $75, fans $50, tubs $40, pumps $30, paying $12 for 18 gallons of water every week, GH flora nova grow and bloom $40, starting light T8s $70[fixtures and bulbs] timers, weather stripping $3 .... ugh its alot over $1000. but i havent been keeping track of the cost cause i would rather try not to worry about cost cause the enjoyment of the hobby is what im after :D
    and im spending 200 for an AC i cant use cause my breaker trips every time its on for more than 5 min... please if any one is good at electrical work and is just browsing this thread PM me or just comment i really want to use this AC to lower my temps! the AC uses 1200 watts and the room is 600 plus my fridge and microwave tv and computer am i overloading the breaker!?!? how can i give myself more wattage to work with? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! :cry:ok im gonna sulk and smoke this bowl:smoke::smoking:

2. oh and the cloning station is getting use! i took 5 cutting from a buddies outdoor blue dream and got some clonex. 2in Rwool cubes, took shitty cuts with a steak knife(all my buddy had) dipped and stuck em in they looked sad for the last 3 days and today about noon i pulled them out of the cubes and they didnt look so good. i made fresh cuts and scrapes above the next node and dipped em in clonex again put them back. tonight when i got home they seemed more perkey i thnk the needed a clean cut. but we'll see.... his plants were fighting a mag.def when i took the cuttings.

3. Is it okay to have thee roots directly in tge water? Or should I make an effort to get them out? They been like that for about a week since the plant shot up. Should I worry cause it's only water and nutes. pH is at about 6.5 and there is an air stone.

4. well if you are running the sprayers and you have your roots in a tub with nute's/ water its more of a DWC system and yea its ok to let them stay in the water as long as there is an air stone. so i found out that my fridge and microwave are on a different breaker so i got another ext. cord and got my ac goin. ;) i'll have updated temps tomorrow recent highs and lows have been

temp 88/79
    humidity 60/50

5. Thanks for the info. Also does it mater if the sprayers run constantly? Right now the lights are 18/6 for veg and the sprayers go 24/7. Should I make any adjustments. The plamts look big and healthy. Anf I move the lights s they grow. Seems like everything is good yo go but as a first timer im little nervous. I jyst want a good yield.

6. #46 seed-to-lung, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    my sprayers run 24/7 too and seem to be just fine and the only way to have your sprayers on a timer would be a min or 2 on and 5 to 10 off and the timers that do that function are more expensive so 24/7 is fine with me. expect less and your yield will be the best! esp for a first time grow!

i harvested the broken steamed branch today. its had 1.5 weeks of flush . the 6 week bud that i dried was so chemical tasting i couldn't even stomach a bowl of it and deemed it un smoke-able.... sad but true

oh and i got some updated temps. with the AC rackin up the elctric bill ;)

temp 75/66
    humidity 64/50
    got some pics today of the girls. im thinking of harvesting next week sometime!

you can tell the PK is loving the cooler temps during flower its starting to turn purple a lil bit i noticed

and the sensi star is super sticky and stanky as hell

Attached Files:

7. damn lost the post.. ok round two. so i must be blessed with a green thumb cause my clones i took are all showing good signs that they will root i split the rockwool apart to check the growth and i found some root starting. dipped in clonex again and changed rockwool, saturated the cubes and sprayed them down. im expecting to see roots pop out of the bottom of the cubes in a week or so wich should be perfect cause i'll be harvesting the the SS and PK soon as well

Attached Files:

8. and that is 7 days from taking the cuttings

9. I need sine advice. My plants are about 4 weeks and nice and healthy. Innit issue is that they are so dense that the fan leaves are starting to overlap with other plants. Space is an issue so I cookef use some tips. Is it okay to trim? If not us there some other method I can use so that light his thee plants evenly?

10. You can trim lower leaves, low stress train, or add more light.

11. #51 produktoftha202, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    First time grower. Thee first and third make sense. what's low stress training?

12. A process used to control growth by strategically bending the plant. It's low stress since the goal is to do as little damage as possible.

13. low stress training is great and if you do it right and combine with trimming throughout the grow you might not need to add more light i LST'd my SS and she bushed out nicely and after a while i removed the string that was tying the branches down

14. i harvested the purple kush yesterday since i needed to get my renovations done before the next grow and to see the difference in harvesting times. i have determined i need to get more powerful pumps to run the amount of sprayers i need but so far the design is looking promising with a stronger pump, i had a test run with my 250gph pump im thinking of doubling the power.

15. ok so i broke the bank yesterday and ordered my 25 gal rez, 2-more powerful 550 gph activeaqua pumps, neoprene portcovers, and my RO machine from pure water club getting ready for grow number 2

16. I'm gonna assume that this thread is dead. What a shame I enjoyed the learning experience.

17. yea im started a new thread and will be posting build pics when i get around to it.

18. Hey Pefflora..

I noticed this was your last post here and hope you see this post.

I read your blog and I'm looking to start my first TAG HPA system and would like to ask you some questions.

Thanks

19. I'm building the same and from what I have researched u need a high preasure pump (90-100 PSI) to get ur misters to achive 50 microns mist.

20. Not necessarily, if the nozzles cant do 50 microns it doesnt matter how much pressure you use :) TBH, not many growers know what 50 micron mist looks like