Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Do Stems Contain THC?

• Please log in to reply

Jioxer

Jioxer

420 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 564 posts

I really need to know.
They taste so BAD but Ill do anything to get a little high right now my dealer has no weed.
I have some stems from some MIDs.

I hate beng sober.. it sucks I feel so bad. :mad:

My question is do they contain THC?

JPalms27

JPalms27

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
take a knife or a razor and scrape the outsides of the stems off

smoke that and throw away the rest the stem

quikssurfer

quikssurfer

Advanced Member

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
tea time. boil that jazz :bongin:

Liquidtruth

Liquidtruth

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 6,070 posts
Stems do contain THC, but not a lot AFAIK.

Jioxer

Jioxer

420 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 564 posts
Would you say it would be worth it to smoke them?
And are they more harmful to your health?

Liquidtruth

Liquidtruth

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 6,070 posts
Probably not unless you have a lot.

I don't think so.

But let us see what others have to say. You can't clean out your pipe or something and smoke the resin?

Jioxer

Jioxer

420 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 564 posts
Nope I scraped it and cleaned it last night.

Floydian

Floydian

Tacos

• Old School
  • 6,450 posts
Yes, think of it, it's common sense that they have too; The stems carry all the THC to the buds, leaves, seeds, etc. So there's however much THC in the stems as there was when they were picked and stopped transporting THC. There also can be quite noticeable (well on good stems..) amounts of crystals on the outside of the stems. You can use them in the making of cannabutter... like last time we made brownies, a friend had like what looked like a quarter of bud as far as how much it filled up the bag, but it was actually just juicy stems... put it in a sock, put the sock in the butter, and awhile later, we had cannabutter.

I've never been told if there's something different about the THC in stems and it just doesn't come out in smoke, or that there's just not enough of it by the time you burn the stem to effect you... but you could throw them in some vodka, let the alcohol absorb the THC, and awhile later, drink up ;).

blowbud4life

blowbud4life

bongsrthebest

• Old School
  • 1,678 posts
^^^ In sock?

You can boil them or smoke em. If you have like a fe3w grams of stems then you might get a good buzz.

Wykid

Wykid

aka Lucipher Cy Young

• Old School
  • 3,851 posts
when i wanted to smoke and had no weed and no money i smoked like 3 bowls out of a bong and got a buzz.

Dont expect to get full blown when you smoke em, its just a mild buzz.

Floydian

Floydian

Tacos

• Old School
  • 6,450 posts

^^^ In sock?

Yeah that's what I said. But we just broke them up a bit, put them a sock, then put them in the boiling butter. Kept the stems from actually getting in to the butter, but all the THC was allowed to pass through the sock and in to the butter. It was for brownies, so we didn't want stems themselves in the brownies..

AimedForDeath

AimedForDeath

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 7,079 posts

^^^ In sock?

You can boil them or smoke em. If you have like a fe3w grams of stems then you might get a good buzz.

Yeah.. definatly.. In a sock. We made brownies and I used a sock ok.. get off my nuts. lol

Blaze_It_Up420

Blaze_It_Up420

The Notorious

• Old School
  • 3,351 posts
I got bored the other day and smoked about 2 bowls of stems. They smoke like a motherfucker and didnt do anything for me at least.

rottweilerpit

rottweilerpit

RINCED_OUT_

• Registered Upgraded
  • 335 posts
This post has come up a few times,i heard people say no theres no thc in stems blarr blarr,so my rant is Yes they do get u high if u got good weed! this white russain we harvested was white on the stems the leaves were thick like card board and looked like a cats tounge(please dont try pulling you cats tounge out) with hairs etc, so the leafs are being used for wine:) back to the stems..............to smoke stems they smell like a burning forest and are a bit dry and harsh but if u get some good weed and u do have some stems from the centre of the bud save um for when u are dry,u wont get the hard buzz like a bud but u will get a nice light and easy bong like buzz,i smoked some to put the other post to right but i could not find it,so YES its all about the strain of the weed if your buds get u high but not that good dont bother with the stems as it will be a waste but get killer bud and u will have some smokerble stems. :P

jp85

jp85

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
you feel shitty because you're sober?

uhhhh

meehai

meehai

• Registered Upgraded
  • 597 posts
i agree with jpalms27, scrape em and smoke that, stems contain lot of chloryphyll (?) not good 4 ur lungs...

get headaches also i find

SuicidalSoldier

SuicidalSoldier

if(I>=high) { happy=1; }

• Old School
  • 1,297 posts
fsckin toke that shit up and get as high as u can, drive/walk/fly to some place where theres dealers and run around screaming "i want weed, i want weed, i want weed!" thats shure to work :smoke: does for me :smoking:

waterhurley

waterhurley

Toke, smoke, and choke

• Old School
  • 3,112 posts
im glad someone finaly posted this thread... i wasnt gonna necromance some 3 year old post.

i have 7 grams of stems. my dad told me it was dumb because they dont do shit. i beg to differ. plus theres a lil bit of bud left on all my stems. by question... how long do they need to soak in alcohol before i can drink?

designatedtoker

designatedtoker

reprsent them slantd eyes

• Old School
  • 1,519 posts
well there is a quick methol where you simmer them in the alcohol, similar as you would do with budder... but when i made mine i just let it sit in there for no less than 2 months... i dont mix fire and alcohol... and the alcohol wont taste like weed it'll taste like stems, if you put good weed in there it'll taste liek good weed, which i prefer over stems

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users