Does this plant need a flush or .. ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MrSmileyFace, Jun 9, 2011.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? FFOF w/30% perilite
    Indoors or outdoors? 2'x2'x5' tent(60x60x150cm)
    What strain? Buddha Seeds Deimos(auto)
    How old are the plants? Day 61 from sprout
    What type of lights and how many watts? HPS 250w
    How far from the lights? 12"(30cm)
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Jugged RO water from the grocery store and on average, every 4-5 days
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Tiger Bloom 2tsp/gallon(2-8-4NPK)
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 7.5-8.3pH in and 6.3-6.6pH runoff
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 82*Fahrenheit (28c) 35-50% RH
    What size pots? 2 gallon(7.5l) Smart Pots
    Any bugs? Look real close. NO
    Any other pertinent info?

Me being a big dummy, I didn't realize the runoff was what mattered most until about 2-3 weeks ago. In the beginning, I would pH my water to 6.6 or whatever and be like "hell yeah, that's easy". But then I started having the problems and found out fast I was doing it wrong the whole time LMAO

Well now my pH is completely in check but this one plant has never looked worse. Only thing I can think of at this point is a really good flush. You can't really see it in the pics but the underneath is still nice and green(most of it).

Let me explain my watering method with the Smart Pots: I water it all around the top of the soil until the water sinks in a little. Then, I hold the pot at an angle so I can pour water in and it kinda spreads out and sinks straight down(on an angle lol) then spin the pot around a little and repeat. They usually only take about a half gallon(couple liters maybe). So then, all that water drains out in to a reservoir. I then hold the pot at an angle again, only this time its runoff is being collected in a shotglass to test. 1 or 2 ounces(30-60ml) at most will come out doing it this way. I feel really good about the measurements I'm getting with a Hanna Checker(i think it's called). It's the red one with a long pen attached to the bottom and cost about $40US.

So, might a flush set me straight on this? Someone please say YES!!
    :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Another question. I watered last night with nutes. If it does need to be flushed would it be OK to do it now or should I wait til it dries a bit? After flushing, should I add nutes to the last gallon going through it?

Thanks for your help!

3. Looks to be we are in the same boat...

4. Well I'm glad I posted it for ya then lol

Let's hope someone can answer it .. even though I'm pretty sure I already know.

5. I just flushed it and very lightly nuted the last 1/2 gallon or so. Runoff is at 6.55pH

We'll see how it goes

6. Some times it can look like a nute burn because the ph is off. I wAs told that if the ph is over 7 less than 40% of iron is available to your plant. To keep your ph lower you can get this stuff called earth juice natural down. It works wonders. Plus if your gonna do indoor soil go organic, fox farm isant even omri listed. Good luck!!!

Happy growen

7. The last 4 waterings have all had 6.3-6.6pH runoff so I know that's not the problem. It has to be in need of flushing. I ran 4 gallons of water through it this morning so hopefully it will start to improve in the next day or two.