Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

What are my options for getting medical marijuana in Arizona?

• Please log in to reply

Jakimoto

Jakimoto

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a qualifying condition and I'm going to see the doctor this week to get my recommendation. However, I have no idea where I can go to actually pick up my medicine. I can't wait 2 months for a grow, I kind of need it soon, but dispensaries aren't going to open for a long time. What can I do?

cball

cball

I divide by zero...

• Gold Member
  • 11,130 posts

Sandcat

Sandcat

• Registered Upgraded
  • 484 posts
The only option right now is to contact another certified patient that is also certified to grow. It is currently legal for growers to sell/donate to other patients. There is an organization called Compassion First Arizona (compassionfirstaz.com) that is just starting a program to facilitate these connections. You might consider registering with them and/or contacting them from their website. Good luck!

lynnb

lynnb

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am in northern AZ and the way I obtained some for myself was to search for AZ medical marijuana caregivers on Craigslist. The person I chose "donated" MMJ to me until my plants were mature. That was the only way I found since I have not been in the marijuana culture in Arizona prior to this.

There are multiple caregivers in AZ looking for clients. Be wary of ones that want to charge you a deposit to ensure that you stay with them (because they have to pay $200 to enroll each client.) I was not going to pay anyone a deposit as I had no history with them at all and had no idea what their MMJ would be like. I did not have to pay my current caregiver any extra. They do receive benefits from being a caregiver. They are allowed to grow 12 plants for you so it reduces their costs and makes it more profitable for them.

Hope the suggestion helps.

LB

ocelot834

ocelot834

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Can AZ caregivers provide medice to someone with a Colorado MMJ card?

Sandcat

Sandcat

• Registered Upgraded
  • 484 posts

Can AZ caregivers provide medice to someone with a Colorado MMJ card?

Unfortunately, no. That would be violating the law and would be viewed as an illegal drug deal, that would result in both of you losing your certifications.
I do hope once it becomes Federal (hey, I can dream, can't I?), there will be reciprocity between at least neighboring states.
Good luck!

tdark1

tdark1

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 332 posts

tdark1

tdark1

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 332 posts

tdark1

tdark1

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 332 posts

da602krew

da602krew

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yea they are crazy priced for nothing special lol,

blaaam

blaaam

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
It's already been covered at length, you can obtain medecine from a registered caregiver or other registered patient. However, something else to consider is that this is ONLY legal if you do not live within 25 miles of a dispensary. IMO AZ will win out and dispensaries will eventually open; 6 applications have already been tentatively accepted in Scottsdale of which 2 will be allowed to open. So, keep your eyes out for dispensaries opening within 25 miles of you because once/if they do it would be illegal for you to continue purchasing from a caregiver/patient.

tdark1

tdark1

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 332 posts

abishai

abishai

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a qualifying condition and I'm going to see the doctor this week to get my recommendation. However, I have no idea where I can go to actually pick up my medicine. I can't wait 2 months for a grow, I kind of need it soon, but dispensaries aren't going to open for a long time. What can I do?

I'm in the same boat as you more or less. I have my card but no idea where to get any medication in the Tucson area. I tried searching for caregivers on craigslist like someone suggested but there isn't really anything for southern az.

TheOracle

TheOracle

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 199 posts
abishai, do you have a card that allows you to grow? Why or why not? I'm in Southern Arizona too by the way and with a qualifying condition. Where do you suggest I go for an evaluation?

abishai

abishai

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

abishai, do you have a card that allows you to grow? Why or why not? I'm in Southern Arizona too by the way and with a qualifying condition. Where do you suggest I go for an evaluation?

Allowed to grow but can't due to family. PM'd you the other info.

Alrex

Alrex

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,439 posts
Just buy illegally, like a pound or whatever you would use in two months and start growing now

Or at least that's what I would do

TheOracle

TheOracle

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 199 posts
Is there a cheaper way of going about it than going to AZmedcard.com? I'm going to end up being out about 300 dollars for all the fees?

tdark1

tdark1

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 332 posts

Sandcat

Sandcat

• Registered Upgraded
  • 484 posts

Is there a cheaper way of going about it than going to AZmedcard.com? I'm going to end up being out about 300 dollars for all the fees?

I know, pretty steep, huh? My Dr. visit for certification cast $125 and then the Health Dept. licensing fee is $150, unless you receive food stamps. I don't see any way around it. I have heard that some folks found Drs. that were as low as $90.00, but that is still a LOT for people who are almost always lower income due to their illnesses, anyway. I DID have a very positive experience with my Dr. at Arizona Marijuana Certification Centers. They have several offices in AZ, and were super professional, clean, not sketchy at all. They also help you by providing ALL of the documents you need, already in pdf. format, so all you have to do is attach them to your electronic application. Even the photo! They were really nice and very helpful, with kind and interested Drs. I can highly recommend them.
Another thing I hat is that we will have to pay the same amount again in a year!!! It seems to me like a renewal should cost less than an initial application, but I'm just thankful that AZ became a MMJ state, so I'm trying to focus on my gratitude for that.
Good luck with your application process! Be sure to let us know how it all turns out for you, okay?

tdark1

tdark1

Silver member

• Silver Member
  • 332 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users