The Official Netflix Instant Watch Thread.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by stealthgrower, Jun 4, 2011.

1. So there's lots of threads about netflix instant watch movies and stuff, so why not have everything related to them here in this thread.
    come here and rate movies you have seen on netflix instant watch, recommend good movies to watch, or ask for good movies to watch, whatever.
    i'll start by saying Serenity is a great movie.

2. The Union is on there. So are multiple seasons of Weeds, Sons of Anarchy and Dexter; great way for people to get into those shows and catch up.

There's also a wicked vampire movie on there by the guy who made Old Boy but I forgot the name of it.

3. enter the void!

i must have watched that movie 5 times already

4. I really could have used a thread like this last night when I couldn't find anything I wanted to watch.

Anyway:
    Seven Years in Tibet
    Amelie
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    Ghost in the Shell
    Gangs of New York
    Good Will Hunting

5. Black Dynamite is fucking hilarious.

6. My Cousin Vinny is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1

7. I can dig that!

8. ok here is a list of some good movies on netflix. my categories are a bit crude, but it gives you an idea of what the movies are i guess. the ratings are mine.
    sci-fi/fantasy
    star treck (the new one) 4/5
    surrogates 3.5/5
    starship troopers 4/5
    the 5th element 4/5
    district 9 4.5/5
    moon 5/5 (one of my favorite movies. HIGHLY recommended.)
    hunter prey 4.5/5 (a sequel to an old movie also on netflix, but good even if you haven't seen the first)
    serenity 4.5/5 (a follow up to the TV series firefly, which i never saw, but still loved the movie.)
    lord of the rings 4/5
    pans labyrinth 3.7/5

action
    takers 3.5/5
    kick ass 4.5/5 (another HIGHLY recommended movie. funny, and awesome.)
    Ink 4.5/5
    undisputed 3 3.5/5
    sherlock holmes 4.5/5
    no country for old men 4/5
    shutter island 4.5/5

Comedy
    Friday 4/5 (the original)
    being john malkovich 3.7/5 (a very strange movie)
    ace ventura pet detective 4/5
    zombieland 5/5
    the big lebowski 4.5/5

this is just some of the good movies on netflix instant watch. there are many more excellent movies on there. keep watching em, keep rating em, keep recommending them :D

• Like Like x 1

9. moon is also one of my all time favorites. it kicked me in my ass the first time i watched it :D

haha also, toy story 3 is on netflix. dont hate its fun to watch while ur stoneddd :smoke:

10. @ stealth grower - if you liked serenity but haven't seen firefly youre in luck, because the entire series is also on netflix if you search for it. I would highly recommend it if you like the movie at all, b/c the series is amazing and hilarious.

also of note if you liked Sherlock Holmes the movie is the BBC series Sherlock, which is a modern re-imagining of the classic. There are only like 3 or 4 eps. if i remember correctly but they were fantastic.

11. i knew firelfy was on there and was planning on watching it, but didn't know about the sherlock holmes thing. will definitely check it out.

12. you voted zombieland better then friday?????

13. Clerks 1 and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back are now on Instant watch.

Both of course get a 5/5 from me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hell ya man! :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good idea, now I can find new things to watch. I love Netflix, it's all I do :smoke:

16. Humboldt County.

Later.:smoke:

17. If you get a chance check out Revolver starrig Jason statham
    Crazy movie, pretty mind bending

18. the new layout sucks IMO.
    bo burnham words words words is a stand up special and hilarious

19. I agree. I hate that they change their layout so often. This new one is the worst though.

20. fritz the cat is pretty funny to watch high