Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I sometimes think that the idea of "munchies" was made up.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ItsAdamYo, Jun 2, 2011.

1. When i smoke i get so fucking hungry but since im trying to loose weight iv started making fruit salads and smoothies in preparation and its working well except i eat it all then go straight to McDonald

2. You may find higher fat and protein snacks (nuts, cheese, meats) help regulate your blood sugar better, and keep you from eating so much after toking. A high protein and moderate fat snack before your sesh may be helpful.:)

3. Munchies have to exist, because lord knows I try not to eat when I'm high and otherwise wouldn't be eating... but I get so damn hungry. For me, I'm not sure which chemicals are interacting but I think there is a little bit of since cannabis makes me feel better, I don't have to think about the areas of my body that are in pain and instead can focus on being hungry.

Food tastes amazing while high also, so that creates incentive. Lately, I've been letting when I want to eat dictate when I vape. So if I feel like I should eat or maybe am hungry, I'll vape first and then I enjoy eating afterwards. It helps to avoid excess eating... unless its a really monster Munchie case (in which case, I'm usually drowning myself in the hedonistic pleasure that gluttony brings).

4. I have found that while I am "high" I don't really ever feel like eating anything, I usually just want a cold drink. However, once I come down and Im on that sort of mellow "low" that you get a few hours later, I get the munchies for sure... however I agree that its nothing like what the stoner movies make it out to be.

5. Its the thought of food that sets you off. And the hype.

6. So protein shakes before a session? Sounds healthy to me.

Weed is made better by a healthy lifestyle. Go figure! :smoke:

7. #67 GRASSMATE, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    I just ate lasagna then immediately after cooked some chicken on the bbq and made a chicken caesar salad.

Still could eat more but I'm gonna wait. I exercise daily though so eating a lot isn't a big deal as long as it's not fast food.

8. Not sure if the idea of munchies are made up, i usually get huge cravings for anything salty or sour. Maybe it's because everyone else is eating, so I eat too! ha

9. When im smoking, I don't get hungry at all. For me, 'munchies' don't begin to kick in until the high is starting to fade - which is my indicator that its time to smoke moar.

10. Now thats what you call the munchies bro...lol:smoke:

11. They do exist!

I get them sometimes. Most of the time, I don't feel hungry but once I start eating its hard to stop. I have managed to lose weight (with very little effort) since I started smoking daily.

12. When I'm really, really high I eat so much my stomach hates me the next day. But it's so worth it, plus it usually works out well since I only smoke a lot in the weekends, usually on Friday, and on Saturday I go out drinking and smoking at the same time and that really fixes my stomach. Kinda weird when you think about it. So many people get stomach pains from alcohol, but for me it fixes my stomach.:smoke:

13. I don't get munchies, exactly, but if I do decide to eat when I'm high I'm able to eat more than I can sober. Also, for a long time--and still to some extent--I got high in order to eat because I was/am recovering from an eating disorder.
    So whether I get munchies or not, weed definitely does have an effect on appetite.

14. Yeah I don't get the munchies that much, but when I start eating I can't stop.

15. I don't get the munchies either