Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I sometimes think that the idea of "munchies" was made up.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ItsAdamYo, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Every idea is made up.

2. i get munches. BAD. every time. love it.

3. Yeah man, when I had my first puff I had no idea what to expect. I had no idea what munchies were, but 10 minutes after my first hits ever the word hungry got redefined. NOT placebo. There is solid science to back this up, just read some of the above studies.

4. I'm voting for you!

5. Are u sure your smoking weed

6. I think maybs if you have a little appetite it magnifys it but if you have no appetite before you wont get one.

7. Of course there's a chemical fucking reason why do you think people who have trouble with their appetite use marijuana medicinally?

And wtf snack companies? That makes no sense. Why would snack companies want to have anything to do with marijuana? And why would they need to feed this so-called propaganda to their clients? They already get a shitton of business.

You better be stoned because that was the dumbest fucking post I've seen on this site.

8. I eat less when I'm high too. Like once I was on my way to taco bell to get some food and got high on the way there, and in the drive threw I just felt like eating would be nasty. Once I got the food I inhaled it though... That's how it seems to go.

9. Yeah, no, they're not made up. They're completely real, and there IS a scientific basis for why people experience them -- CANNABINOIDS, people. CANNABINOIDS.

The cannabinoids in MJ stimulate the CB receptors in our brain, and these receptors (as well as the cannabinoids that activate them) govern our sleeping and eating habits, among other things. (BTW, this is totally some sort of copypasta of myself from a few months ago, in case this reads familiar to anyone else... It's not just you)

Anyway... I couldn't tell you why you and your friends aren't feelin' it, but what I can tell you is that there's a probably a chemical reason for it!

10. gurl i done get hungry as heeell

11. I've thrown up from eating too much food while baked. Ate sooo much fuckin food after smokin 2 blunts with my friends one time, threw up towards the end of the night.. felt so much better afterwards I proceeded to eat again :D

12. lmao! i was almost there once. i was so disgustingly full. good times

13. Yea I enjoy eating $30 of my food in one night and going through a bag of popcorn in 5 minutes.

14. I get the thirsties. Kinda like the munchies i guess. Except I thirst.

15. Watermelon juice FTW:)

16. Fact: Marijuana stimulates appetite and metabolism. It increases your metabolism which makes your body use calories and blood sugar at an increased rate, your body notices this increase in metabolism and sends the message to your brain to want more food, thus you get the munchies

yay science

17. Had strong munchies my first time smoking (food was like a mouthgasm and I couldn't get enough), wasn't as pronounced my next several times but it was there.

Now I got a big tolerance and I need to smoke to even have an appetite at all.

Sucks.

18. When I smoke I eat everything in sight, vagina included. But seriously, its like I never get full or I lose the sensation of being full. Also, if I don't smoke for a while I am barely hungry.

19. It's a weird feeling for me when I'm high. I always thought "The Munchies" was a compulsion to eat. What I feel when I'm high is more like it's just OK to eat--like I don't have to but there's no reason why I shouldn't.