Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

QWISO hash question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Eoinstidz, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Will it work if I use normal rubbing alcohol for the extraction while making QWISO hash?
    In ingredients the bottle says "95% Ethanol Anhydrous. Mfr. Standard"

I'm just wondering if theres something in there that won't fully evaporate... or what? no idea. haha

Any help is appreciated.

2. you need Isopropyl alcohol. I believe there might be a difference. So I would just stick to what we know.

3. Thats what I was thinking.. but then I came across some people saying you could use other stuff.

I'll probably just wait a day to make it and get isopropyl

4. THC is soluble in alcohol, so it could work. Try it out with a small amount of bud and see what happens.

5. sounds like a plan. I don't have bud to waste to try it out, so thats why I said, stick to what we know.

6. not to hijack your thread but is it possible to use other alcohols such as mineral turpentine or metholated spirits to make qwiso? i only ask because isopropyl alcohol is hard to come by in australia and what you can get is very expensive ($12 for a tiny 75ml or 100ml bottle)

7. As far as I know, Ethanol is partly non-polar so it should work to make an extraction, I know you make green dragon with the stuff, so yeah actually, it does work.

Happy Toking!

8. Another guide I just read said its fine to use anything except mentolated... whatever that is
    I'm still on the fence

9. I recently tried this method and ended up with a green goo that won't dry out (it's been 3-4 days). i used my grinder and at first it seemed promising but since it will not dry i dunno yet :p