Downgirl's Tent Grow and potluck mix.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Downgirl2182, May 31, 2011.

1. Not one I'd personally use but that is a good 'un DG :D!

2. :D ya prolly not but getting raped in the belly button wouldn't be to pleasant since its basically still intact lol.

3. Well the tent is keeping pretty damn cool now. Its about 75-81 Degrees now:D Yesterday was a hot mofo outside so it got up to 81 even with my AC on in the room. Think I am going to add another passive intake today. So what does everyone think about my set up? Does it look fine to you all? This is my first time so i want to make sure my babies will have a nice home to grow up in:D

4. Hey DG! Lookin good, just sit in front of tent with a jay, that always gives me some inspiration for puttin it all together;)

So far it looks good, got some nice DIY stuff goin on there!

I think your good to grow!
    My tent is in full swing flower... Drop by sometime if you want :) lots of cool stuff goin on..

Peace DG

-trails

5. Hey thanks GT! I was so worried I barely slept last night haha. All I kept thinking is "I hope i got this right" "I hope my babies can breath" You name it I thought about it... Now all I must do is wait until later this week to order some real seeds and get this all going. I have been sitting on the computer all day looking for specific strains for my medical and psychiatric issues and also try to cordinate them to easy to grow strains. I swear my head is going bonkers lol.. I will def stop by and see what you have going on:D

6. I seen that but I dont get paid until later this week. Fucking sucks because i am probably going to spend close to 100$ too:( I tell you what , my fucking luck sucks worse then a bitch with snaggleteeth.. Ho hum...

7. Hey DG! Glad to see everything is going well.

Good job on the set up. Looks great! I knew you'd be able to pull it together! I remember when I built my first grow box. Just a whole bunch of things running through my mind and always wondering if you missed out anything or did something wrong. But I was proud once it was completed. You should be proud of yourself too! Oh btw I like you're idea of using those juice jugs. Great idea for pc fans!

And don't worry about missing the summer promo. They always have the ufos and if your spending ~100$ you'll get about three. Plus they also have company promos:). So you will always get some sort of freebie:D. Plus you don't need dozens of strains. I've got ~30 strains and it'll prolly take me a long while to get through all of them. Although i do have 12 strains going on at the same time right now, it's pretty hard to organize them. It's hard planning with all the strains.

Keep up the good work!

8. Thanks GF:D I felt like my head was going to implode last night from all the damn thinking I did haha. Actually where my intake is I am currently in the process of sewing the cardboard flange i made to the canvas, because the damn duct tape and velcro isn't holding worth a crap and is getting air leaks from the crappy tape job. I also got some more PVC today to make another intake, but I will have to cut a hole. I probably wont add another intake until my baby gets a lot bigger and starts producing her own heat. This will also be the intake I plan on putting my carbon filter/scrubber to as well. Im dying for it to be later in the week so I can get my money and go do more internet shopping for my seeds and carbon filter and some more good organic nutes. If you see anything on my list I posted that I dont have and you think is a must or works well for you let me know:D
    Oh and by the way you might want to get your own secretary to keep all those strains organized! lol.. Sounds like a hell of a confusing time :p

9. Woke up today and my baby is growing like a weed! no pun intended :D

[​IMG]

Ok this is really pissing me off. I keep resizing my pics but for some reason its not uploading that way on here. WTF gives!

10. Sounds like you're becoming quite the handygirl:)

I'd love to have my own secretary for my grow Lol. Would definitely help out. I lose track of the schedule every now and then and definitely need to get those strains organized. Having a journal definitely helps though:smoke:

Oh and your seedling looks like she's finally happy but what happened to the other one? did you kill it?

11. #52 Downgirl2182, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    I feel like I am slowly becoming a handygirl :hello: That or either my determination to grow some nice babies is really coming through haha.
    Yes my one good seedling is doing very well indeed in fact she is starting to show some kind of green foilage between her lower nodes. It looks like a green feather because it doesnt have 3 leaves like its an actual leaf. I will try to take a picture of it today. It surely can't be showing signs of sex already I would think.
    yes my other seedling just wasn't growing at all and was starting to look pretty bad off so I put her out of her misery:(
    In other news: I see my EWC should be delivered to my house today, so I am pretty stoked about getting those and putting them on her for a top dressing since I couldnt get them in time to put it into the soil mix. At least i will have them for good seeds soil mix though. I also plan on doing some shopping today and bookmarking everything I will be buying later this week. OHHH so excited!!!!! Is it just because I am a woman and love to shop or are you guys this excited when you get to shop for your babies too haha..
    After I pick out all my goodies today i will be posting another list of what I am getting to see what you all think :D Welp I am gonna make like a Jay and get passed out of here. later!
    Aslo going to be looking at some smart pots as well today. What are your guys' and gals' take on them?
    Oh and I left a post in the grow room/design section about passive/active intake and carbon filters if anyone would like to help me on that por favor:D
    Found a good website of this dude named Soilguy. He has lots of interesting tidbits about organics and organic gardening. Check it: http://www.thesoilguy.com

12. You're going great, and the mind-bending obsessional nature of this hobby is something I think every grower here feels. It's like the cannabinoids are even better than dogs at keeping you focused on them. Even better than girlfriends and wives, for that matter.:rolleyes:

AFAIK everyone here also has had great results with smart pots. I think you should go there, not necessarily that brand (although I like em and use em) but something that lets your roots get air and get air pruned. Keep up the good work. These plants are really tough once you get them past that seedling stage, and you def are on the right road with organics and with the guys you have commenting in this thread...:smoke:

13. Thanks Marapa, I really couldn't see myself doing anything but organic, its in my blood since I was a child. Around where I live it is looked down upon to garden with chemicals but sad part is all the local stores (besides a select few nurserys) all carry and condone chemical use:( I will def go with some smart pots then, I really thought like I was a plant for a moment and thought geez I would want to be able to breathe freely. I know it sucks when I wake up in the morning and I can barely breath because my asthma tend to flair up since im laying flat and do not have an adjustable bed to allow my lungs to keep moving fluid around my body. Guess you just got to put yourself in the plants shoes sometime! ;)

14. #55 OG GreenFingers, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
    I think its a bit of both and the green foliage between the nodes are new growth shoots(another site where bud will grow:D). You can determine sex when they are preflowering. During vegetative stage the plant grows symmetrically. Which is what you are probably seeing now. Once they are mature enough to show sex they will start growing asymmetrically. You will see that the nodes will not be right next to each other but either above or below.

Sorry to hear about the runt. Must have been hard to let her go. I hate having to get rid of a plant but you gotta do what you gotta do.

And it is not just because you are a woman. Every time I go to the hydro store and nurseries I feel like a kid at a candy store. I want everything there except for the chems. lol:D

Smart pots are great if you are planning on having it as a final container. I had a plant in a 1 gal smart pot which I transplanted to a 3 gal smart pot and it was pretty rough. It's hard taking the pot of to transplant and it;s very easy to damage roots. After one transplant I decided that I would only use them for the final container. But they are really good and the plants do love it. It'll definitely have better root structure and bigger root mass.

15. I hear you on that one Marapa and we just can't help it:D

16. Well in my case it would be better then husbands :D
    I thought about that exact problem to, if transplanting would be rough glad I now know. I will probably grab a few 3 and 5 gallon containers then.

I should be getting my check in a day or two and I am freaking out! I don't know what to buy first haha. Well I do know I will get my seeds first and foremost actually and probably my carbon filter and then some nutes. By the way do you guys have any favorite online stores as far as growing supplies and nutrients? I have found quite a few good ones actually. Has anyone started a thread about online organic stores? If not maybe I should post one and share my faves. Hope it is not against forum rules.
    So far for my seeds I think I might actually go with seed boutique, WMS, and Attitude. Basically what i plan on doing is pick and mixing for my first grow and seeing which strains I will like best. Im leaning towards anything with Romulan, Jack Herer for med reasons and possibly a strain just for some good ol stoned fun! :D

17. #58 Downgirl2182, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
    so guys I woke up this morning and much to my horrror my babys new set of leaves are starting to do the taco leaf:( This baby had this same issue with her first set of true leaves and I didnt know if she would make. I never did find out what was wrong with her either. So heres a pic and if someone knows whats wrong please let me know ASAP Please I am begging.. Heres a pic and then im off to go look for an answer. PS IM FUCKING TIRED OF ASSHOLES TODAY TO DAMN HOT OUT TO DICK WITH PPL.. That is all. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I had to bring up my ph a bit so we will see tomorrow what my baby looks like.

18. DAMN IT WTF!!!!!!!!! Can a mod pls tell me why this happening? I resize all my pics and for some reason they always show up full size.. GRR

19. K well beware! They may feel neglected. That's what happened with my ex.:eek: lol

Ordering nutes online is expensive due to shipping so try and pick up your nutes locally. Shipping liquids are exp! That's why I never buy them online.

As for the leaf problem. First thing you should do is check the pH of the water and the run off. And check the temp and humidity and it's max and min.
    I think it's either humidity or pH or temp. I always check to see what's off balance when I have some sort of plant problem. So if it's not those three, I would say it's probably the soil mix assuming that you're only feeding them water since you haven't mentioned any type of feeding program.