Only using 8 hours of light for flower? instead of 12/12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DanMan420, May 30, 2011.

In that schedule I would expect the plant to re-veg as it only gets 6 hours of darkness

2. Honestly I'd expect it to hermie. It's just too unnatural.

3. Hopefully somebody can help me with a flowering question.
    I always go straight to 12/12 from seedling to harvest.
    I have never had a problem in the past with flowering by using this method.
    This time around I have a plant that's been vegging for about 4 weeks now.
    My other plants have been flowering nicely.
    This one hasn't started to flower.
    How can I get her to start flowering.

4. IMO you get the biggest plants when you start with 24 for the first 4 weeks. 18/6 for the last 2 weeks of veg then 12/12 until chop. I tried a crop with 18/6 veg only and the 24 hour light makes a difference. It does seem that after a month or two the increased growth from 24 slows down. That's when you give them a little night and the growth wakes back up.

5. Yea I know this a older thread but this is the kind of punk crap that makes me think that the average age of posters on some threads is 15....its not the juice to the light that is the issue. A/C can cost $500 a month for a 1800 square foot home. A 1000 watt bulb can add another 250 if the heat is not vented which is something you dont want to do in areas that will still send a SWAT team into a home for a lousy few plants. IDIOTS

6. The right thing to do is turn your lights off for 24 hours a day after harvest. Leave them off until you can afford the power bill.

Reducing your light will reduce your yield. In short, your method will cost you more in power to yield the same amount... Yes you can do it. Is it smart? .......