best/worst seed breeder

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by greennewb, May 24, 2011.

1. Shantibaba
    Nevill
    Tom Hill
    Rez

for the price Steel Savage @ Grindhouse has killer gear, frosty as hell.

couldnt tell ya the worst breeder and i hope i never find out.

2. I have patiently been waiting for FMS to release their c99 fem, but alas... they are working on quality control! Yet another reason to :love: FMS, not letting the beans off the farm until they are ready. Also Francine is a pretty rad chick, really open with what they got cooking and what not if you drop her a line. Quick replys and great customer service. Happy to toss my $$$ their way, sitting on their nev haze x grapefruit, extreme indica, and purp maroc to grow soon... the forces of the universe are conspiring against me, sometime soon though!

3. Im looking forward to the C99, its been taking a while but like you said its far better to have it 100% ready before sending it to market.

Your lucky if you still have some extreme indica, they are not making anymore I think? I have been very impressed with the Xline range, the Black Widow is incredible.

Been seeing quite a few Purple Maroc grows but its listed as an outdoor strain so it doesn't fit my plans :smoke:

4. Reservoir (chemdawg) and DJ Shorts (flo) are my personal favorites, not based on growing but based on smoking only...just started growing.

Pretty much any seed vendor on seedbay or seedbotique that charges $90+ per 10 pack is going to be very legit.

5. have purchased from several different and find u get what u pay for. kc brains mango were the cheapest and lowest germ rate nirvana seems to be a fair value. NL WW PPP all good about germ and females. sagarmartha mix was perfect on germ and only 3 males out of 10. but only one indica dom plant...lots of sativas. short stuff seeds very good on germ fair on females HBD and a short mix. seedsman ATA tundra very poor germ no females at all... lowlife auto ak very good on germ and females...... out of 15 or so freebies from the attitude every one germed and all were female even the regular. 5 or so of those...many different breeders. so in a nut shell.... kc brains and seedsman to me not worth the price. nirvana for a cheaper house i have had good luck. all other higher priced beans are nearly 100 per cent germ and a high number of females.

6. I notice thread is old however haven't seen many new lists. I have had nothing but hermi plants from cali connections. I bought their "HEADBAND" strain to try and I had 4 that made it to harvest, great high decent yield I pulled 8-9oz indoors per plant. It is pretty lame to pay 150+$ and out of 10 seeds that are femanized only have 4 make it threw with out herming. I've used cotton candy from delicious seeds and 8made to harvest good yield okay high again 10seeds. 2 just didn't pop. I hate Hunbolt. I bought their Amherst sour D and not one germanated using the paper towel method. I am searching for some new stuff anyone try Next generation seeds?

7. Have had very good results from DinaFem and Reserva Privada....100% seed to harvest...

• Like Like x 1
  8. DNA Genetics
    Holy Grail Kush

9. I would rate the best seed company as the one that provides consistent phenos that are high quality. From what I've read and researched, Bodhi is the only one that does this

Worst I would say Barney farms for the pineapple chunk that took forever to flower and was probably 100% sativa lol

10. I have limited experience, but ive always liked world of seeds.

11. Try sensi seed bank mate I get 9 out 10 each time with good yields ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420174508.797506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Bomb Seeds, Mr Nice, Female Seeds (especially their grapefruit which someone else has already mentioned) Sensi seeds still have the best classic strains.

Worst - Greenhouse by a country mile.

I not long grew out 2 of Barneys Pineapple Chunk and I think I lucked out because both of mine were indica dom. Probably 8-9 weeks to get 95% cloudy trichs. I also have a few Liberty Haze beans waiting for their time to shine, so we'll see how that goes.

The first run I ever did was FemaleSeeds BB x WW. Great plants. Fantastic yield. Cut at 95% cloudy trichs.

I just had a GHS The Church plant hermi on me at week 4 of flower, while the other of the 2 beans I had didn't pop at all. So that's another -1 for GHS.

At the same time I ran 2 Sensi Seeds Shiva Skunk. Both beans popped. Very uniform. 8-9 weeks to 95% cloudy.

I currently have 2 Sweet Seeds Green Poison on the go which are very compact and uniform at 2 weeks from breaking ground.

My wish list:-

Barneys - Critical Kush
    Dinafem - Critical+
    DNA - Holy Grail Kush
    FemaleSeeds - C99
    Reserva Privada - Kosher Kush
    Sensi - Big Bud

. . . others to a lesser extent, but too many to list here.

14. Agree. I have also grown Blueberry Gum and loved it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Ive loved a few Cali Connection strains but I'd stick with the tried and true. Don't get the new Purple Diesel (mutants) or Blackwater (hermies). The 818 Headband and Deadhead OG are killer smoke. I just popped some Original Sour D. I expected better for Reserva Privada though. Their stuff lacked bag appeal and was a bit leafy.

Good
    Cali Connections
    Humboldt Seed Org
    Delicious Seeds

Not so good....
    Reserva Privada
    Nirvana Seed Bank

Want to run soon...
    TGA
    DNA

16. Reserva privada has DANK I dunno what you're talking about. And deadhead OG from CC is well known for herming.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sorry, that's just my experience. Ive ran the Deadhead a few times now with no hermie issues. I wanted to like Reserva Privada. I expected to like them. But I've been more impressed with other stuff Ive ran. Their OG18 was a weak plant. The branches would break just looking at them. Small yield. Not very dense. You can blame me or my growing but I got bigger yields and better buds from other strains in the same season.

18. #38 Brother Urb, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015

Just a heads up, Reserva Privada is one of DNA's seed lines.

If you were less than pleased with your RP experience, I wouldn't expect much more from DNA.  I see DNA was on your want to try list.

19. I've been running some Holy Grail since I posted that list and I'm pretty pleased with her. But my new seed obsession is a private line of Hillbilly Genetics and some stuff from GAS. I don't mean to hate on any breeder because any strain can be hit and miss.

20. That's what this thread is for; sharing your experiences