Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What % Actually Know Why 4/20 is Weed Day?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by J Dylan, Feb 14, 2006.

1. mr_mojorisin has it right. 420 was started in san rafael.

2. I think we should be civil about this. he posted this because he didn't know what 420 meant. i'm sure there was a time when all of us didn't know that. I don't personally think the story is that important. its just a holiday. the fact is its a holiday for celebriting our beloved plant. so lets all chill, considering our habit something i'm sure we're good at.

3. Haha, that's so cool. I live really close to San Rafael.

4. I read somewhere it was a bunch of teenagers with something to do with "waldo" I don't know if that was a name or what. They met at 4:20 or on 4/20 or something, and went looking for some plants that they never found but got really high in the process of looking.

5. Those are all theories..but noone knows for sure how it got started.

6. I think it's cooler if nobody really knows where 4:20 got its origins from... It's way funner when you get with bunch a people and everybody says something different about its origins. Shit... I know that when I'm baked I sometimes just like inventing a whole story on how 4:20 got to be an international day of peace (of mind :smoke: ). So lets say "screw the whole Santa-Fe Waldo thing" and lets all come up with our own explanations on why we celebrate 4:20. So let's all sit back, light a bat and feel happy....

7. i have heard the cali kid thing but i thought that wasnt true...i guess it is...any ways:

At 4:20, the XM Radio station "The Boneyard" reminds everyone that it is 'bong time'...is this true?, ill have to investigate.

8. here in toronto on Edge 102, they have a "4/20 moment" its pretty funny something about what you like the best when ur stoned good times

9. 420 is one of my friends names.

10. hmmm 4/20 is also hitlers b-day

11. it was cleared up on page one people. Terpsichore and who she was referring to are correct

12. I often wondered why blades bring up Hitler's birthday. (I say blade specifically as not to be confused with an anti-drug medium.) I mean I can't think of one stoner that sits around and says YAY Holocaust... I mean talk about bringing down a high. That is the very last thing I like to think of.

So why do some of you blades bring it up, out of curiosity?

13. I dont mind a day to smoke each year...kinda cool, but seriously, those stories are probably all wrong, how could 420 be popular up in Canada... I heard 420 was the cop code for possesion but then again who cares, i just like a anual day:D

14. I could careless cus i smoke everyday but on 4/20 im gonna smoke alot but to me it doesnt matter where it came from.

15. 4:20 was the time of day that they said it was ok to smoke after. shit i say fuck that, i'll smoke on 4:20 but you better believe im smokin right now at 6:50a.m. before school.

16. I won't even bother to post a theory, I don't care about it much, but I celebrate 4/20, and 4:20 the best I can

17. I've always thought it was the kids, at 4:20. I've assumed it to be the truth for years.

18. Haha. Like 30 of my friends go to school there. Awesome.

19. I thought it was 4:20 PM cause thats around wen school ends.

20. I already knew about the highschool thing although all the radio station stuff was rather cool, never knew about it.