Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What % Actually Know Why 4/20 is Weed Day?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by J Dylan, Feb 14, 2006.

1. i think the search button might be able to tell you

2. 4:20 AM is my "good night" bowl. Usually I smoke some schwiggities just because they really put me to sleep and help me kind of tone out and sleep deep n well.

I don't do the 8 hours of sleep thing...

3. jeeze man, why you gotta be so hostile when you see a thread that you've seen before? sorry, an idea popped into my head and i thought i'd make a thread about it. i'm having fun listening to responses, although i'm pretty sure it's the Steve Waldo thing.

4. jeeze man dont u think its annoying seein the same shit all the time

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)

6. I dont think its a day, but more a time of the day.

:hello:eric:hello:

7. Or a state of mind... :rolleyes:

8. oops didnt realize that someone already posted that, sorry

happy blazing, heres a hit for you good sir :smoke:

look at the last line:
    At 4:20, the XM Radio station "The Boneyard" reminds everyone that it is 'bong time'
    ahahhahahaha

and for those of you who have watched Reefer Madness (its a classic funny ass film reel) on the history channel or back in high school:
    In the colorized version of the 1936 anti-pot/exploitation classic Reefer Madness, there is a brief subliminal flash showing 4:20 with a marijuana leaf in the background, 20 minutes and 24 seconds into the film. The colorized DVD was originally released on April 20, 2004, another reference to the slang term. The number was also prominently featured in the 2005 made-for-television musical based on the stage show based on the 1936 film.

9. It is actually the story about the high school kids and how they used to meet at 4:20 after school. There have been MAAANY posts about it on here and they had an actual interview with a dude from the group of kids on VH1 I saw 3 months ago, and he confirmed that all other theories were BS and that he and his friends started it.

10. In the article on Waldo, it says, "They CLAIM that thats how the tradition of 4:20 came about." It has something to do on the laws of marijuana back in the day, or maybe a bill that is to make marijuana legal for sale/tax. But believe whatever story inspires you the most.

11. Indeed. Time is made by man, Herb is made by nature (god if you believe in one).

12. dude, i mean you no harm... but honestly... if it really bothers you so much, why do you look and even participate in the repeat threads? i mean... i've seen you in several different threads just in the past day or two saying "there are other threads on this... use the search." just ignore repeats, then people like me don't have to deal with people like you turning the thread into a fight... just take a hit and chill out. that's what i'm doing. let's all just get along :)

13. Dont worry he got banned for his bad attitude...

~ Terpsichore

14. I'd always heard that Jerry Garcia died on 4/20

not sure about it though

15. Hit the nail on the head on that one. That is what the true meaning of 4:20 from what I have read too.

16. I thought it was what the cops code was for a drug problem: like a "10-4" means ok "4-20" meant drugs.. at least that what i heard from people

17. yea i was so happy when he got banned. such an asshole he was always saying shit like that. he was so angry. hed be like the worst dude to blaze with cuz hed just be the ultimate buzzkiller.

18. ok, this is what i came to...

i have indeed searched for the true meaning on the internet since ive been smoking, heard so many stories, some of them saying april 20th is the best day to plant seeds.

and also the police codes

and also the students with the radio thingy.

and i have come to this conclusion...

4:20 is the mark of the smoker

666 is the mark of the beast

its just a pothead thing.

thats my opinion

19. ^^^^Correct. There was an article about it in High Times a couple years ago. If I can find it i'll scan it and post it up.

20. ive herd the same thing from many people man but ive never herd of the school kids one. lol whatever gives me an excuse to toke up. peace