First Outdoor Grow 2011 - Nor Cal

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Spam and Eggs, May 21, 2011.

1. :smoke: looks like they are growing nicely. :D

2. Just subbin up. The FIM looks similar to a few of mine, I even got 4 tops off one of them. And the LST looks perfect, exactly what I am doing to my morning glory. So far so good, rookie mistake on that Skunk, but we ain't perfect.

3. very nice looking trees. sub this for sure.
    and have faith in your suicide jack, it looks very healthy

4. Thanks BongSquad.

Today was a crappy day again, hail storms and rain.

5. That's a cool box I'm living in normal also yuba county area and the weather is so bad lots of dark cloudy days with to much rain I planted my clones about 4days ago and I'm worried that they r going to bud out to soon any ideas or tips I would really appreciate it

6. that's too bad.
    Best wishes on the weather and your skunk #1, i couldn't see any pistils on the pic, keep your guard up.

good luck!

7. Yesterday I went to my friend's house and took some cuttings from his Purple Kush. I found out after getting home he has spider mites.....yup. I isolated them to begin with, so I'm hoping there's no contamination, currently hitting them with Orchard's NEEM OIL and if I kill them all, will get them ready to replace that Skunk#1. I swear I think it's a male, good eye bongsquad.

8. Been creepin around your thread and I like the family spam! Ima first time out door grower so I'm scanning thru all the outdoor grows and I'm loving ur posts fasho subd!! lol. Ps coccinellidae(ladybugs) >tetranychus urticae (mites)

9. Thanks ChristopherKush, glad to have you here.

10. excellent post.
    Spider mites are killer, they ruined a batch of my green crack clones a while back. ever since then my backyard has been a breeding ground for lady bugs. i've grown to love them.

11. Lady bugs are harmless aren't they?

12. harmless to humans, devastating to spider mites. They eat 'em.

13. Yes true....from what I know they are carnivorous. But completely harmless to humans. They look kinda spooky in its early stages but cocinnellidae (ladybugs) are friends in my garden

14. ladybugs are a friend to any garden indeed.
    my advice? when those aphids or mites start diggin into your plants, let the ladybugs out, get your magnifying glass, and watch them do work. Those plant-wrecking fuckers don't stand a chance :)

15. Gotta love outdoor crops.....nature is simply amazing.

16. BongSquad you crack me up.

17. #37 Spam and Eggs, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    Ok fellow Blades, I am in need of advice. Please post if you have any input on the following matter.

I am feeling that one of my plants is a male. I've said this before in the thread, and this weekend I need to make a decision on whether or not I yank it out and put another clone into the ground. The seeds I got may have been a different strain than I was told, my friend now says they could have been Grape Ape -Satori mixes that weren't feminized instead of feminized SKunk#1.

My clues are that the plant has a great distance between shoots and branches. It also only has one hair at each node. These aren't 100% signs, but I know that they could be warning signs. The offender is in the pictures below.

DSCN1326.jpg

And here's my other confirmed ladies

Suicide Jack
    DSCN1327.jpg

Purple Diesel
    DSCN1328.jpg

Churnobyl
    DSCN1329.jpg

Blue Dream
    DSCN1330.jpg

Skunk#1 (or possibly Grape Ape - Satori)
    DSCN1331.jpg

Attached Files:

18. #38 Spam and Eggs, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    Mixed up a full strength dose of nutrients today, I haven't watered since May 21st, and I didn't really need to water today as it has rained for the past 3 weeks, but felt they could use some nutes. I used 4 tsp of Grow Big and 4 Tbsp of Tiger Bloom.

Anyone have some input from my previous post??

19. For me, id'ing a male takes longer because I wait to see a lil ball or sack develop. Also, ive noticed similarities in my OSK #1 clone and your mystery plant. Stay tuned if yours is female and we can compare.

20. How can you tell if they are male or female unless you brought them from 24/0 to outside? If they grown naturally outside you wont be able to tell for a minute. Like a month or two.