What the HELL do we do???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Tincup74, May 20, 2011.

1. Cannabinoids as antioxidants and ... - Google Patents

The patent is there to exclude others from owning it and/or using it. A patent does nothing more than that.

2. It's the fact that our governments blatantly turn a blind-eye to the science that really bothers me. Not just the evidence that cannabis is benign, but how the whole "drug-war" does more harm for society then good. I mean giving someone life in prison over weed is just in-humane. I often wonder what the history books will refer to this period as. The "Dark Ages" sounds appropriate, but it's already taken.

3. yah biggest profit margin ever..
    fuck them.

4. Ummm, yes, I'm familiar.

So let me spell it out here: the government for years has contended NO medical benefit to Cannabis (or any of its derivatives.) Yet they hold a PATENT on it as medicine since 2003. Patent holders also get ROYALTIES from companies seeking to produce a product using said patents. They have been studying this plant for years in Missouri creating a nice, controlled environment of knowledge to benefit themselves and make billions. Can't wait to beg for my meds from my government!

So, the government, which states no medical benefit, is in line to get paid HANDSOMELY when the pharma companies begin producing and selling. Removing CBD from Schedule I (April 2010) marks a movement forward in this intent of the government. The .00001% will benefit while the peons pay through the nose for it. All while continuing to imprison anyone who dares try to compete in this market with the Federal government.

Are you seeing what I'm saying? This is why we are seeing states which pass medical laws now outlining ONLY government "compassion centers/co-ops" are to be the providers/monetary beneficiaries. This is also why we see raids continue against the current co-ops. Eliminate the competition. :cool:

5. First:
    IDK which government you may be referring to, but the US Federal Government currently has CBD Schedule I.

(The Canadian government has it at Schedule II.)

Cannabidiol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Project CBD | CANNABIDIOL SCIENCE | FOR DOCTORS | FOR PATIENTS

Schedule II in the US would mean:
    Controlled Substances Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    IF CBD is re-scheduled to II, this is the federal government admitting it has medical use, which is why they won't(same with schedule III).

Um again, do you know what a patent is? A patent does not automatically mean the inventor gets royalties. It gives legal force for an entity to prevent others from using the patent without permission(and only lasts about 20 years).
    A licensing agreement is where one would pay royalties for works(copyrighted, patented, trademarked, etc).
    The government will not give a license for their patent(as it is still schedule I drug)

Again, CBD is not removed from Schedule I.

There is a difference between state and federal governments.

The reason you see STATE GOVERNMENT compassion centers are:
    1) Legal protection. They are an extension of the state and agents of the state. The Federal government cannot and would not lock-up and prosecute state workers for following state law. This would have to go to court as US v State. The worst outcome is the medical marijuana law is struck down.
    Under the so called "non-profit" compassion centers, the owners and employees are all legally fucked by the government and will be imprisoned and trialed under Federal law.

2) As the government, they have a larger incentive to work as a non-profit while also being in the black.
    The so called "non-profit" compassion centers are anything but. They are lining their pockets and fighting changes to laws that are not in their favor under the guise of "helping patients".
    Legalization and regulation will help patients, not these very few businesses that are in essence forming an implicit cartel(industry price fixing).

6. We could speed the damn process up through violence. Just saying. You see them raid dispensaries. Imagine if a bunch of stoners raided a government instillation. Or if they bombed the dea headquarters. Omg it would be like Christmas:D

7. Violence is the last vestige of the incompetent. The federal government has stepped up the violence and scare tactics in recent years because they can see the end coming and are fighting for their jobs and to keep the status quo. They've built an entire self-sustaining industry based on the fact that cannabis is illegal. When you take that away from them, they will be useless and will slowly come to the realization that they have spent their lives and careers preying on their own people for corporate gain. Most of them will probably maintain their denial and continue to fight the progress.

8. Yeah because playing the ghandi act has served so well. Sure we have medical but the people are still as stupid as ever. They are ignorant to the situation because it doesn't affect them.

9. I'll tell you what the hell im going to do. SMOKE SOME WEED! Their nonsence isnt going to stop me.

10. waht do we do?
    well besides my steps of education(may not be mine just what i always say needs to be done, but i've never actually seen it anywhere else) the answer, i believe is MORMONS, seriously, it is JUST AS MUCH AGAINST THEIR RELIGION AS THE ACTUAL ABUSE OF DRUGS TO SUPPORT drug LAWS
    for real, if you see any missionaries walking along, stop and talk to them, ask them about the PREMORTAL existence and specifically about SATAN's plan, if they KNOW ANYHTING about their religion, they should tell you that satan's plan was to FORCE everyone to do what was right so that NOONE would be ALLOWED to sin
    after that has been established, say, "well, isn't that EXACTLY waht drug laws and seat belt laws etc do?"
    and if any missionaries come up to your door, say they can come in AS LONG as they agree to talk specifically about the premortal existence and drug laws
    we have MILLIONS of mormons in this country, if they all understood the most important part of their religion, drug laws would not exist! lets fucking get these people on track, If there's gonna be so many of em, lets at least make use of em huh?;)

anyway on to the steps
    1: educate yourself(after this step, everyone that you teach will likely start this whole process over again themselves)
    2: educate your family(family is the base unit of society and strong educated families make for strong educated society that does not stand for tyranny)
    3:educate freinds and neighbors
    4: educate the community, nieghborhood, then city etc etc
    5: educate community politicians
    6: educate surrounding communities
    7: help those communities educate their politicians
    8: educate the state and the states politicians
    9: educate the country and the nations citizens
    10: educate the nations politicians
    (never stop at one step, as you get the first down, continue to work on that as you move onto step two and keep working on step 2 while working on step 3 etc etc
    also, governments reflect their societies and vice versa, so educating the president or highest politician does little if the people under the government aren't educated and will not support the things that politician stands for)

THATS WAHT WE CAN DO, AND KEEP DOING, AND KEEP DOING, THIS ALSO ISN'T SIMPLY LIMITED TO MJ BUT OTHER FREEDOMS AND TRUTHS AS WELL

11. #32 IMAEREHW, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
    ^^ yeah... but no offense to any mormons here... Mormons are crazy. Jesus is going to descend from heaven to a building with a skylight in the meth capitol of the world? lol.

as far as the issue of 'what to do', we just need to keep voicing our opinions. If you keep your habit a secret from friends or family, stop. voice your opinion. Let everyone know what you know. let them know marijuana promotes brain cell growth. let them know that Harry J Anslinger and the Dupont company used yellow journalism to ban marijuana to keep their wood/paper industry afloat. let them know that marijuana was unbanned in WWII to help with the war effort.. then was banned again. let them know many people find it useful in reducing pain WITHOUT negative side effects that pills cause.

as long as you have your voice or fingers, let someone know what you know, one way or another.

12. #33 Tincup74, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Amen to that...

13. One of the other points to note.. the us government allows industrial hemp production for a auto manufacturer in canada... But its not legal for U.S company's to grow..

I honestly think this point should be looked into more.. How did they get permission for this (its near atlanta GA btw)
    Canadian “hemp car” to be on the market by 2013 « Marijuana & Cannabis Blog

Why are people being put in jail for hemp or weed if major corporations are allowed to grow either.. Hell the fed produces pot as medicine and ships it to a few people still.. this was an old program that was stopped, but the peopel that qualified for it were granfathered in. (compationet care protical)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7r8NeKuzt8]YouTube - ‪Federal Medical Marijuana Patient Irv Rosenfeld‬‏[/ame]

the hypocracy is evident, and needs to have something done.

14. wrong. cbd is no longer listed as schedule I.
    DEA, Drug Scheduling

The DEA removed it, but just didn't hold a press conference on that one lol

sorry to have to burst your bubble :(

15. Again, as posted before:
    CBD is now considered to be part of of Tetrahydrocannabinols.

Reposted below:

Trust me, if CBD was no longer scheduled(as you suggest by it being removed from schedule I and not being schedule II or III), this would be BIG BIG news. This would be all over the place.
    I can't seem to find this piece of news anywhere.

16. but why would the media bother posting anything thats actually important or good?
    a little while ago someone found the cure for a couple of cancers and NO major media outlets covered it because the drug was widely accesible and easy to get a hold of

17. Well, balls..... I looked and there is no #7372 listed on the DEA website. They DO list #7360 and #7370 for mj and thc, respectively. Seems DEA is spreading misinformation? shocker :rolleyes:

Not unthinkable that cbd actually HAS been removed from schedule I, and DEA is trying to create confusion. The Project CBD folks may be a victim of this misinformation?

Dammit, is there a more definitive answer anywhere? Not trying to knock Project CBD, but, that is one webpage. Everything I have seen prior to this says cbd is no longer schedule I. :mad:

Thanks for pointing that out BB :wave:

buylow

18. #39 BambooBear, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011
    Link to/name of this cure for cancer?

Yes, #7372 is not listed on the DEA website. It is however the DEA code for CBD.

It is currently unthinkable that CBD has been removed as a schedule I or any other schedule. It is still a controlled substance. Major news outlets would've been all over this as would any legalization groups(NORML, MPP, etc).

One page? Everything you've seen has said it's not schedule I? SHOW ME. Give me a link. Tell me what book, publication, what anything you have read/seen. If you can't go on anything besides your word, you have no proof and are just feeding the lie.

Let's assume that argument will never convince you and that the DEA could never consolidate all phytocannabinoids(which it does under the label Tetrahydrocannabinols).

Here's another angle. We assume CBD is an unscheduled drug(it's been removed from schedule I and so far no one has said it was been rescheduled to my knowledge). That means it is the first drug/chemical/substance outside of alcohol/tobacco that doesn't fall under the Controlled Substance Act.
    Is any other agency besides the DEA given authority to regulate it? Is there a CBD version of the ATF? NO.

Yet another angle. We assume CBD is unscheduled and therefor unregulated. It's naturally produced by Marijuana(schedule I drug), and CBD can be isomerized to THC(schedule I).
    It's both produced by a schedule I drug and can be turned into one. And you think it's still unscheduled?

Again, before you just say it's been unscheduled or removed from schedule I, give me some proof besides your own words. DEA website not listing it won't work(again, all phytocannabinoids such as CBD and THC, are treated under the label Tetrahydrocannabinols).

19. #40 floating_by, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011
    I read it somewhere. I want to say a link from the NORML site? I would have to track it down again. I am not in the business of running around making things up. :confused: Chill. :smoke: Pretend we're all on the same side here for a second. ;)

Who owns the news media? Was there a ripple on the screen when Mexico legalized personal possession amounts for example? No. Not hardly. The pharma companies MUST be highly involved in the media realm, no? As hugely profitable as they are, they can buy into anything and send and suppress the messages they want or do not. These same corporations don't buy off the government and write the legislation they desire to be passed? Besides, the world is a friggin mess. These things get lost in the cracks so easily. Lots of material for the news media to latch on to while ignoring others.

The attorney general has the authority to schedule/re-schedule as well, no? One person. Hardly seems very Democratic.

Edit:
    Here is one article I found with a quick Google:
    http://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/...arijuana-inc-consortium-thc-free-product-line
    I guess if I can get CBD-infused eye cream soon, then it must not be Schedule I?
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/11057720/1/medical-marijuana-inc-completes-merger-with-cannabank.html

I found this interesting:
    http://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/company
    http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=62190061#

http://www.beaconequity.com/this-pe...ijuana-soars-45-on-cannabank-deal-2011-03-30/

Be nice to set up a little penny stock company, secure all intellectual property, and then turn around and sell the cure for cancer, no? Might turn a nice profit for some select individuals?

It would behoove them to be vewy vewy quiet, of course.

http://www.theglobalist.com/AuthorBiography.aspx?AuthorId=1134

And of COURSE they'd TELL us, RIGHT??!!
    http://www.usaid.gov/open/

http://skinagain.com/about-us
    Who are these people?

http://www.crisisgroup.org/