What if the purpose of human life was for God to find a succesor?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Messiah Decoy, May 17, 2011.

1. I used to have thoughts similiar to yours...that maybe the universe was just a womb for the next generation of godlike beings (or being). After all, natural selection does a great job at making sure that only those most adapted survive, and humans are ridiculously good at doing just that. And with the way technology is going, if we can survive, non-organic intelligence seems to be the only viable outcome.

I don't think it's human-specific either. I believe any sentient race will inevitably come to the same solution...non-organic intelligence is just the natural progression of sentient species attempting to become more and more efficient. Efficiency is key, and biological intelligence just isn't that good at it. Don't get me wrong, doing what we can do on a mere 20w of power is absolutely amazing, but the caps we face being biological are just too numerous and too problematic for any chance of long term survival.

The universe is all about the progression of complexity, and non organic really seems to be the natural course of evolution on a sentient level.

2. #22 Uncle_Meat420, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014

3. #23 Boats And Hoes, Apr 7, 2014

Because I see no pointing in explaining something to you that you have no ear for; it's kind of like explaining what color is to a blind man, i.e., you have no frame of reference to even understand my perspective.

"I can't see or touch a black hole yet I understand it somewhat." -- Yea, but you didn't believe such a thing existed until you saw a physical picture of one...

It's impossible to take a "physical picture" of a black hole because it reflects no light. Our eyes work by seeing light. WTF are you talking about!? 

So basically you have nothing to say when someone asks you how you know god is X. I think what you really want to say is "it says so in the koran or this Imam said so and other people agree so I'm right"

5. #25 Stormy Sea, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    I've already posted this somewhere on the forums pretty recently, so if you've already read it, I'm sorry! I don't mean to be reposting stuff, haha, I just think it's relevant.

What you're saying really reminded me of it, and I've always loved the story. I don't have any personal beliefs except that anything could be true, so I always like to share the things that make me think. Seems long but it's a short read and it's worth it!

6. Shit, you figured out my plan.

7. #27 Boats And Hoes, Apr 7, 2014

Then what is this...? [​IMG]

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Supermassive-Black-Hole-Gets-a-039-Close-Up-039-112797.shtml

8. #28 Uncle_Meat420, Apr 7, 2014
  9. meh. i find it to be almost guaranteed we eventually achieve immortality through some means....probably cybernetics.

eventually god, heaven, hell, etc. will be irrelevant in a world of immortals shaping the universe in their own way

no way man your simple world view isn't even letting you access gods magic! God is all so god is that photograph. Checkmate

11. Oh shit, you got me! I truly believe in God now.. cuz I can see how a "photo" of a big gaping hole would be God.

12. this is a cool idea i like it

sent from under mi sensi tree

13. I thought that was supposed to be the Pope

lol.

14. God doesn't find anything that isn't hidden by himself in the first place. There is no successor to god other than god itself.

God is the fire and God is the fuel. O embers! Burn brightly whilst you can! For as the flames fade, only ashes shall remain. Your body ia the fuel and the light of god is the fire.

15. well im not a candidate for the next god thats for sure.
    But that is an  interesting idea OP.
    It reminds me of an episode of Full Metal Alchemist
    i was watching FMA one night stoned as fuck,now i dont really watch FMA but it was on at the time. Any way some alchemist was collecting the souls of everyone who died in an attempt to surpass god. And i was like "Whoa thats some pretty fucking heavy stuff"

16. Probably because a stoner would just observe more instead of interfering.

That sounds like the plot to trippy sic-fi movie

17. Dude, that's a messed up question. He has already elected Jesus Christ as his sucsessor.

18. Has no one seen Bruce Almighty?

19. Why human? Maybe he's looking for a dung beetle or Klingon successor. Who knows, eh?