Mickey's Buckets of Glory. Multi-strain madness!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MickeyMeese, May 17, 2011.

1. Today's Picture Update

Last night I mentioned some of the fan leaves from the Burmese Kush. Well, here is the picture I was talking about. One extra large fan leaf compared to a normal size Bic lighter.

[​IMG]

Now, we'll take a peek into the veg area. I have a shot of the Blue Cheese clone first. It's quite healthy, and I'm about to give it and all my veggers a major kick in the ass. I've been thinking about planning to veg for 15-20 days max, then kick the ladies into flower. Anyways, the picture. :hello:

[​IMG]

Next I have the 2 new sprouts. Cheesus and Kushage. I have my mini-bubbler set with a trace amount of nutes, so I think they should start off nicely.

[​IMG]

Lastly from the veg area, two cuttings from the Burmese Kush. They are 2 days from cut, and I think they are happy little cuttings. Let's hope they change into happy little clones with a quickness. :D

[​IMG]

I have a nice set of pictures from the flower room to share as well. I'm taking a few minutes to re-size the photos and they shall be posted as well! :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. These shots aren't as quality as I'd like, and halfway thru the phototaking, the HPS came on, so... there is half natural light shots, and half HPS action shots.

Ok, first we have Molly's top cola.
    [​IMG]

Next, a side shot of Molly.
    [​IMG]

Some pistil action from SAGE. We'll name her Mandy. :D
    [​IMG]

A side shot of Mandy.
    [​IMG]

Mandy's top.
    [​IMG]

The Blue Cheese.
    [​IMG]

Blue Cheese top.
    [​IMG]

Burmese Kush. This shot was taken at the moment the HPS came on coincidentally... It made some interesting colors on the plant. :D
    [​IMG]

Side shot. You can see there is much undergrowth breaking free now. :bongin:
    [​IMG]

Burmese top. I may cut away those two top leaves as well... We'll see. ;)
    [​IMG]

:smoke: :smoke:

Attached Files:

3. Last post of the picture update. The final two shots are group shots from the flower room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Plant Roster will bring it to a close. Hope you all have enjoyed your visit. :smoke:

Attached Files:

4. Can believe I missed this thread. You have really stepped up from your previous stuff looking great. Like the plant roster, may have to use something like that in the future. Would be pretty simple since I just pull the info from my spreadsheets.

5. #105 Alatar, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011
    Ha-ha! An excellent greeting. It brings to mind my favorite video of the moment.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU1wLryjuEw&list=PLEA55B1B2ECB721C0"]YouTube - Rammstein - Ich tu dir weh[/ame]

It was that assertion, posted somewhere else, that may have led me to your profile. Or not. One clicks around a lot on a site like this. But you must have posted something that caught my attention.

I've been trying to remember if I've done any training in the third week. I've topped for sure. I take the 5th leaf set, which probably happens in the 3rd week as often as not. I know my Black Widow plants spent almost no time in veg, and they both got topped. But unless you've been growing for a good long while, which I have not, personal experience tends to be a statistically insignificant data set. It might be, for example, that one out of 15 plants stressed in the third week of veg will hermie, compared to one out of 25 plants that had stress free week threes. Were that the case, then my personal experience, which does not extend to actually having flowered 15 plants, is not illuminating.

But wait! Am I even considering the right time frame? What exactly constitutes week three of veg? Is it week three of the plant's life? That's what I was just talking about. But the third week of a plants life is not the third week of veg, is it? Germination took a day or two. The seedling stage, which precedes vegetative growth, takes about two weeks, give or take a few days. So my week three toppings may have actually occurred in week one of veg, probably did. Looking at it that way, none of the plants in my last round made it to week three of veg. They were already transitioning into flower when that date arrived.

[​IMG]

Only a very happy plant will grow a leaf so large, one with so many fingers, I think. You've got a beautiful garden going there, Mickey. Your plants are thriving.

It always amazes me when hydro growers start sprouts in rocks.

6. Hey thanks Inda!

I decided I needed to get more serious about my setup, so this time I expect much better results. :smoke:

The Plant Roster is something I whipped up in a database program. I wanted a paper free way to track my plants, nute usage, and power usage. So I put a small database together to do just that. It is quite similar to what a spreadsheet would do, just with the fancy form look instead of a spreadsheet.

7. Thanks Alatar, I'm especially excited about this Burmese Kush. It has been by far the heaviest Indica leaning plant I've ever grown. Also, a relatively fast finisher at 56 days.

8. Bumping the pics. :bongin:

9. More pic bumpage.

10. Am I going senile (don't answer that :mad:) or did you not mention something about problems with the S.A.G.E. awhile back? Am I imagining that or did I dream it? lol

11. I've not had any issues with the SAGE thus far. Maybe you're thinking about the previous Red Cherry Berry which turned out to be a herm?

12. It coulda been someone else - I'm genuinely interested in everyone's grows, but the senile thing may only be half joke - I do confuse you all sometimes.

In any event, if you want to up any documentation on the S.A.G.E. just as a kind of "song request" from the audience, I have a femmed S.A.G.E. bean that I'll be running relatively soon, and I'd like to keep some notes :) Even just your personal recollections on what she's fond of and what she isn't is cool :)

13. Ah, found my confusion. You were discussing Cherry in a post a few pages back and mentioned that SAGE had grown into your lights...I'm not totally senile yet :)

14. SAGE has been running nicely. Mandy, as I call her now, started off a bit leggy, so I her tied to a toothpick for her first week of life. She got established relatively fast, and did start growing into my T5's. That was a few weeks ago... I was getting itchy to put her into flower noting not only her height at that time, but also the potential height explosion.

According to the info from the breeder, SAGE has a long flowering time. They don't specify a number of days though. :mad: I'm guessing 10 weeks of flower maybe? Who knows, really. I'll be watching her trichome development and that will be the deciding factor.

As for nutes, I've been feeding at 75% strength according to GH's schedule. She's been responsive, and hasn't shown really any signs of burning.

She's got a nice piney odor, and has for some time now. I was not expecting my veggers to get all stinky on me. :rolleyes:

Hmm, that's all I can think of for the moment Ock. I will make sure to detail more about Mandy for ya in future posts. :smoke:

15. It did not hit me until now, but the picture is a little deceiving Alatar. Under the layer of rocks those sprouts were planted in small rockwool cubes. I cut the rockwool to fit nicely into the 2 inch netpot. Then I cover it with a single layer of hydroton rocks.

When it's time to transplant, I place the smaller netpot into a larger one filled with hydroton, and kinda wrangle the root tails out of the side of the larger netpot. This isn't as efficient as I'd like, but I think I have an idea to overcome that problem... ;) :smoke:

16. Rocks, rockwool, same difference. Seedlings always fill me with terror anyway. Growing them in rocks... very scary!

:D

17. I just print out spread sheets for my plants with relevant info, Time, PH before/after, EC before/after, Temp, RH, and a notes section for everything else. Once i get my controller working will automatically log some of that data. It is very helpful for getting a balanced res, I got some of my DWC to stay PH and EC stable for a week at a time by digging through all the info. As for my potted stuff I keep notes but not as through, and with my newer organic mix I only feed 2 times a month and additives weekly so very little to track.

18. Comments below

Alatar, all good questions and, I have no idea of what would be considered week three either. And, to answer everyones comments. The artical I read did not state that if you stress your plant in week three that it will become a hermie. It simply stated that plants experiencing stress in their third week have an increased chance of becoming hermie. I read that to mean if there is normally a 1% chance in any plant turning hermie, stressing them in the third week could increase that chance; for example to a 1.5%.

Take it for what it's worth.

Mickey, nice pictures mate.

19. fm, does the article say ANYthing about what constitutes week 3? How does this apply to clones that are in a kind of sub-veg state? Does the clock stop or run slow for them?

Fascinating subject :) Sorry to derail ya, Mickey :)

20. The article omitted any description of what constitutes week 3. This is one reason why I advocate using days from seed (germination), and/or light cycle across the community to describe a given cycle of growth.

Breeders, aficionado, and growers alike should be using a standardized system in measuring time and growth cycles anytime discussing a grow.

The day we drop our seeds in any method that would eventually lead to growth should be day 1, or day 1 from seed.

For those of us that grow indoors the change in light cycle to "days on 12/12" should be used at all times. And the term "flowering" should either have the same meaning, or it should be dropped all together from our vocabulary.

We with experience would be able to understand what should be expected at any point in time. And, new growers would at least be able to identify specifically when an event is, or should be taking place.

Well that's my two cents worth.