Anyone else have an aquarium?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by megamax42, May 13, 2011.

1. aquaponic bud? Nice!

I want to do that myself someday

-yuri

2. #3042 sleepingblade, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    I got hat covered (no pun intended), but once my eco complete gravel is complete (need another 40 or 60 lbs), i was going to make a nice island of pure white sand on the front right side of the tank. A nice contrast to the black eco complete nutrient gravel.

3. that sand will eventually end up all over the bottom.

Gonna be a lot of work keeping it how you want it I think

-yuri

4. Ah well I've aquascaped before. I'll add plastic walls to divide the 2 different grains, and cover the walls with a micro grass. It'll look sweet if executed.

Shopping today for more anubias and crypts, mail is taking too long.

Added another canister, a fluval 3 something.

5. Here she this morning, looking perky.
    [​IMG]

6. how long do you plan on having that clone in there? light is really bad for the roots and they'll turn brown before you know it

7. hmm didn't know light was bad for roots, none of my other plants had issues... I'll find a way to cover the roots.

8. hi

9. #3049 sleepingblade, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Got some loaches and cats yesterday.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    More juvie geophagus, uncertain on exact species, there's Over 20 types of geos.
    [​IMG]
    And I FINALLY found some delhezhi!!!! Two at 6"
    I'm a happy camper now!
    [​IMG]

10. Very nice. You plan on breeding at all?

-yuri

11. Ah, at the size my bichirs are at, it'd be at least 5 or 6 years before they're mature.

As for the geophagus, as soon as they pair, I'm putting them in the 100 alone.

Almost snagged a sale on red head tapajos geophagus, asshole sells it at the last minute when he promised me the sale.

12. my tanks are all officially gone! since I'll be moving up north I decided to give my tanks to my buddy with the tangs. its funny cause I kinda got him into fish and gave him his first tank, now he has all my aquarium shit [​IMG]

13. #3053 Digital Veil, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    Here's a couple of my tanks, crappy cell phone shots and never finished with aquascaping but w/e.

135g Tanganyika community.  Tank looks empty but there are 41 fish in there!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

90g Tropheus Duboisi Maswa tank..few Eret gobies

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. I realized the other day that my remaining "Columbian shark" has been with me for 15yrs now. It's a female. Poor thing has cataracts. Surprisingly still has a good appetite. She doesn't swim much any more and just chills on the bottom daydreaming.

I'll always remember her for swallowing a gourami whole.

15. #3055 megamax42, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    [Deleted]

16. #3056 megamax42, Apr 13, 2015
    [Deleted]

17. what kind of plant is that

-yuri

18. #3058 megamax42, Apr 14, 2015
    [Deleted]

19. that's because you actually need a very large settup for an ecosystem, as well as populations instead of individuals.

-yuri

20. #3060 megamax42, Apr 16, 2015
    [Deleted]