My scale is off.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Mr Jerrzzy420, May 12, 2011.

1. My scale must be broken, a nickel only weighs 4 and a penny weighs 2. My friend came over with his and we determined that the more weight the least accurate. Any ideas on how to fix ? I keep re calibrating but its still off.

2. cheap scales tend to be off a bit maybe .2 up or .2 less i would say. what brand is it? only way to somewhat recalibrate is the tare button but it sets it back to its original zero which may be off

3. Yea its a cheap one, It looks like a cd. I know a nickel should weigh 5g and the penny should be 2.5g. On my scale the nickel is off by a gram and the penny is off by .5. and like i said earlier the more weight the more its off. Should I just get a new one ?

4. Batteries could be going low ^^

5. nope just changed them. I probably wouldnt have thought of that. Im probably just gonna get a new one tomorrow.

6. ebay, like 7$ shipped to your door.

7. do you have a cell phone near it? if you have a cell phone near a scale it tends to throw it off more times than not

8. For real could anyone shed some light on this theory

as for OP make sure its clean and take to a headshop and ask them to calibrate it. i got one for free from my friend said it was bad uncalibrated worse than yours. A nickel weighs 1.7g lol but i got a nice one too

9. Nope no cell phone, and there arent any headshops near me.

10. Have you tried a new battery? You'd be surprised what a new battery can do.

11. youll probably overpay if you get a scale from a headshop. check out a local hardware store or something, most carry gram scales.

12. so its just easier to get a new one ?

13. You could always go hit up eBay and get a decent one for like $10 max.

14. Kinda need my scale now lol Ive been very generous, not even knowing i was doing it. Thanks for all the help. Im just gonna go get a new one.

15. I'm not sure if a cell phone will emit enough interference to mess with a scale. However, one time I had my speaker's bumping (they're prolly 3 feet tall), and from across the room it was throwing the scale off, it was just sitting there cycling through 0 to 0.3

16. I mean if you know how much it's off by you could do the math until you get a new one.

17. it is off by different amounts at different weights. that wouldnt work too well

18. It does work well becuase if its off by 0.5 for every 2g, which it is, you can do it.

19. Ive personally seen it happen. Didnt mess up my scale, but my dealers scale goes a little haywire whenever a cell is within a yard of it

20. I bought one off ebay for 8% and it works perfect, my penny is 95% of the time 2.5 and sometimes show 2.4 but I could care less about .1