Elastic Training Tutorial

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by MicroGrower420, May 12, 2011.

1. Lol, that's what initially got me interested in your post. :wave:

2. micro what size container are you planning on finishing this plant in? i love this training method and will start with this type of training as soon as my seedling drops its round leaves (i just transplanted it into its final 3 gal container last night, buried her to the baby leaves, so i'll give her a few days to get over that before i start training) i am deffinately going to follow this thread.

3. Thanks for stopping by samiel,
    I am finishing off with a 2 1/2 or a 3 gallon pot, I haven't decided yet, But I am leaning towards 3 gallon. She needs to be transplanted soon, Growth has been slowing down a bit, So by the end of this week or so I should be transplanting.

4. mine could have went few more days before she really needed to be transplanted, but due to insomnia/boredom i decided to pull her out of the pot to look at the roots, she wasnt bound, but she was close. she broke out of the soil of her .5l container on the 23rd, and had it almost full of roots in a week. i was sorta concerned by the slow growth above the soil, but the roots speak for themselves. the first set of true leaves twisted a bit which has me slightly concerned, and ive read it could be anything from micro nute defficency to accelerated growth. guess i'll just keep my eye on it, this is my first indica grow, and i dont know if its a genetic phenotype or not. we will see, i will post pictures of my new grow on the http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...ny-skill-level-welcome**-86.html#post10785549 thread when i get my camera back next weekend.

5. True that brother,

This is how the roots looked about 1 week and 4 days ago.

[​IMG]

And this is how they look now after 2 waterings with 1 ml of roots accelerator.

[​IMG]

Once I start to see slowed growth I always plan on transplanted ASAP.

6. yea i love that root excel stuff works great. do you use it through out the grow or just to get the roots going?

man its easier to see the roots with a clear container. arnt you worried bout the roots exposed to light??

7. I covered all sides with black tape and left the very bottom clear with a piece of cardboard under there just in case. The light doesn't get through, and it's nice to look at the roots every now and again.

I use roots through the whole vegetation cycle. Love this stuff, it really helps get some awesome healthy root mass. Defiantly see the results.

8. my plant wasnt that close to being bound, but not far behind it either. at the moment i am unemployed, so until i can find work im stuck using what ive got. which is cheap soil and mg nutes (dont eat me!) i have had decent results with these products and will continue to use them until i can afford better nutrients.. i do have a question on the use of h202 in growing, does it provide more oxygen for the roots, or just kill bacteria and fungi?

9. I don't really use H2o2( aka Peroxide) When watering. I haven't really experimented with it. But I hear most people use it to prevent root rot and overwatering, it provides more oxygen to roots. I have never had either of these problems so I never really had the need to tinker around with it.

10. i havent had a problem with root rot, but i was thinking of using a bit as an oxygen booster for my medium. still not completely sure if i want to give it a whirl or not.

11. Micro, dude, you're awesome, I'd totally let you bang my sister.

Seriously though, this thread, and your grow box thread have been instrumental in getting me up and running, and I can't thank you enough. :smoke:

Got 4 babies in the veg box right now, my second batch ever, they're 35 days from breaking soil, looking great with 10+ tops each. Been training since week 2, so theyre very flat, with an even canopy, and nice thick stems. The undergrowth; however, is getting pretty thick, I'm thinking about trimming off the fan leaves that dont get much light and possibly the little bud sites that also don't get much light or just aren't responding to the lst. Is that a good idea?

12. Thanks a lot for your kind words BeanusOfWeanus,

I wouldn't cut any leaves, They get small amounts of light still.

When they start dying off and turning brown, then you can consider taking them off.

Since you can get some rot from dead leaves that fall into soil.

So in conclusion I would just keep them on until they start dying. If they are not dying then they are still receiving light.

13. is your sister hot? :D

14. This is dope bro, Im actually using the same technique with my micro grow, videos in my sig

• Like Like x 1
  15. f yeah my sister is hot...and she's great in bed, take my word for it.

okay, didnt trim anything, instead i left them unbound for a day to let them breath a little. boy did they love that. now that they're bound again, i'm noticing that all 4 are right around the same height and fullness. will they essentially sog themselves if i let them flower untied?

16. I would keep them tied in flower until they stop stretching, which is about 3 weeks into flower. They really do love to breath for a bit, if you notice a little slowed growth it's good to let them relax and take a breather, and then continue to tie down.

17. Hi Guys, Sorry I haven't been updating.

The plant was going through some problems, But I transplanted and she is under control for the most part, been feeding diluted epsom salts for the MG she has been responding well :)

Anyways,

There really isn't anything I have done that I have not explained in the earlier postings, I am pretty much just keeping the canopy level by pressing down on the limbs every day and I have trimmed her up nice.

I Haven't topped her I have the amount of tops I am pretty content with for this tutorial.

Like I mentioned earlier now this is the easiest part. Just keeping on top of the vertical growth and watering That's It.

[​IMG]

As you can see I have 13 Beautiful even tops, very level canopy due to daily maintenance. Of course you can go as wild as you want with topping, But don't over top your plant because it becomes more and more of a pain to train after awhile it becomes almost impossible to keep everything level.

[​IMG]

Note: She has been on a break for about 1 1/2 weeks because of her little problem I had with her, which slowed growth, but now that she has recovered she is back to her own self.

18. Now Thats A Stem!!!!

19. latest update of urs is BEAUTIFUL :eek:

reminds me of a awesome bonsai tree or a grove of bamboo

20. Thanks DrBackwoodz & greenwatcher, I appreciate your input :)