Steath drying and harvesting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by youndbud, May 12, 2011.

1. Man its just not too practical to be drying "pounds" in ur house without anyone smelling it. Having harvested a half pound ur first grow at 13...you should know that its not hard to smell and the smell will travel.

2. not to mention an unused attic is about the same temperature as outside. if it gets cold and wet outside in october then it will get the same in the attic basically. that is too wet and cold to dry ur bud correctly. it will MOLD up like crazy, trust me i deal with mold every year since i live in new england. "pounds" of weed will take dayssss to trim, a large dry area with proper conditions, and a place to stash ALOT of ball jars to cure all ur "pounds" of weed. do u realize how many containers ull need?

oh and i never said u grew indoors, i just meant if u dry weed in their house, they will smell it. period. if u grow in the attic they will either smell it or it will be the wrong temperatures and conditions to dry it. i told you , you need a game plan before u start growing "pounds".

3. yes i know it alot of stuff i need and i have it already just looking for some idea or a plan so i can smoke my hard grown bud at the end of the season

4. yea dude i know it will smell thats why i posted this thread asking for steath dry ideas

5. Oh my bad:smoke: This only thing i can think of is make some sort of cooler(or buy a large on) Fill it with a couple of those freezer pack and hang ur buds over it(not touching) this is outside of course. Inside- you could do a staggered harvest and dry small bits at a time and put them in jars then put them in a hole outside. :smoke:

6. You will have to watch for mold either way, but im not sure if ur at greater risk with the ice packs. Considering they will give of some moisture

7. yeah i would definately move them at night (maybe put them in trash bags or something)
    As for drying and curing, idk what to tell you that shit takes weeks to correctly dry and cure and YES itll stink up the house no problem... do you have a pop up camper or anything like that??

8. no i dont but does it really matter if i trimmy bud can i just pluck as much of the leaves at i can and also i was thinking about getting one of those big plastic containers and just putting some holes in it and putting it in a good spot outside

9. when its time to harvest you wana cut it down, at night, and cut each branch off and hang it upside down for a while you dont just wana cut the leaves off. You want the leaves to surround the bud as it dries and ocne the nugs are dry to the touch, you trim the leaves off and start the curing process ( which could probably be done at your house if your parents dont go in your room, cure em with some mason jars theyre pretty cheap in bulk)

10. how did you dry ur half pound harvest when u were 13

11. i actually could be wrong about harvesting at night, it might be at dusk not night.... something about some chemicals being released at night

12. i heard its better to harvest in night cycle

13. LISTEN TO ME

Do not, I say DO NOT dry it anywhere in your house with your parents, I made that mistake and It went really badly. I could smell it from the next floor so they did too, they took it all, purple-est weed I've ever seen in my life RIP-

14. I was thinking about doing something similar this year too, someone who's done this before should make a guide.

15. the best way to do it outside is to tie a rope between 2 trees. hang a tarp over the rope and stake the corners out to make sort of like a tent. hang the weed on the rope and in about a week you will have dried bud.

worked for me once, im sure it will work again.

16. #36 jamisoncrzy, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    Thats actually a good idea.

The container idea others mentioned, its not hard.
    Get a large Tote
    Paper lunch bags

Drill holes in all sides of the tote
    Grab two paper lunch bags, shred one of them up
    Place some of your nugs at the bottom of your not shredded bag then place some of your shredded bag pieces over the nugs and repeat till the bag is full and then do it again
    Take all of your bags and put them in the tote
    Come back every few hours and basically tamper with all the bags to allow some air circulation through the bags to avoid mold.

17. I'm calling BS. There's no way you had an indoor grow at the age of 13 that yielded a half pound, especially if you're asking questions about stealth drying in your parents attic.

18. Nope, it'll still smell. But how about you at least grow it first...and then we will discuss how to dry it cus your still 5 months from harvest.

19. exactly.... this doesnt add up. sigh another reason why middle schoolers shouldn't be growing.. just go buy it.

to be 100% honest i believe your bullshitting this community which is really sad that you need to lie over the internet trying to be cool. if you pulled of a half a pound off a indoor grow at age 13 (btw did i mention that sounds like pure buulshit) then you should know how to dry it with out mommy and daddy finding out. i don't believe you should A be growing in there house B storing that much and C trying to run a lil kiddie dealing game.. when you get busted its your parents who pay not you.

think twice

20. Honey came in and she caught me red-handed
    Creeping with the grass city blades.

Shaggy - It Wasn't Me

Song that came to mind when I read that post. You can't bullshit a city of bullshitters...it just wont add up. Your parents will find out before you harvest. They always do....cus they're your...PARENTS!