Formula 1

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by chocobo, May 11, 2011.

1. USA. I use to live an hour away from St. Louis(saw your location)! ;)

2. Oh cool! Yep, good old Saint Louis, my town. :smoke:

FOX broadcast occasionally has F1 races (if no NASCAR). Otherwise, Speed Channel broadcasts practices, qualifying, and races. In addition they have pre/post coverage.

I prefer BBC coverage but it's been hard to find torrent downloads this year since Sky Sports has half the races.

3. Yup! It's rough. I did catch the Hungarian Gran Prix on Speed this last Sunday. It was a pretty good race. I'm not really a fan of the Hungarian track though... Before that, I missed the last two races because I couldn't find them anywhere. I had to settle with highlights from the races... I'm not too bummed though. Webber winning and Alonso winning aren't necessarily races I want to see anyway...

4. I don't know why but I can't stand Alonso.

5. Sorry have had time to jump on GC in a while thanks again!

MJU I like Alonso but mostly because I like Ferrari if he goes to another team I would be disappointed but wouldn't want him to win like I do now. He is a very good strategist though and very patient. He is willing to take finish that isn't one that lands him a podium if he knows he cannot get it. I think is why he is 40 ahead in driver points. Massa is killing them in team points though.

6. Raikkonen! :bongin:

7. Man.it has been awhile.I forgot about the FORMULA 1 THREAD.
    Nothing has changed,except for HAMILTON TO mercedes and,Webber and,Vettel gonna kill each other on track 1 day.

The MERCEDES is coming on strong. russ brawn is working with that car and,lewie is driving.
    I dont like the red bull team and,boy am i cheering for mercedes.

8. Great season so far, Seb looked like a douche in Malaysia though.

9. A little over 3 hours until the Chinese GP starts.

10. YEAH,this is gonna be a good season.
    You can see some *****s in red bulls armor,plus the internal infighting.Those 2 will not give to one another on track,

Ferrari needs some work on engine reliability. Plus,that car looks squirrelly going over the curbs. but then again,it could have been those shitty tires,they are using this year.Also trying to get massa to support alonso. Which he dont wanna do.

Mercedes,needs to fine tune the AERO,DRIVETRAIN ,everything. BUT they have brawn and,hamilton driving.

MCLAREN is done.
    When they drove the bus over ron dennis,THAT WAS THAT.
    Rule changes and,russ brawn,gave jenson button his one shining year and, a title. no such luck this time. game over.

alonso, and,vettel better start putting up the points early.
    FERNANDO GOT IT TODAY.

HOWEVER, this year just seems like it is meant for russ brawn and,mercedes.
    I figured brawn would be on next years car,for when the rules kick in.
    But he has them competitive.And he is the master of the TWEAK.
    tHIS YEAR,IM GOING WITH MERCEDES TO TAKE IT.

But yes,its looking to be a great season.UH HUH.

11. I read on article on BBC about RBR complaining about the tyres and how it makes it unfair. I almost drowned in the irony. 

12. I cant believe this thread stopped running, i thought there were more f1 fans in the city. Anybody care to give this thread a jump start with me.

Anybody have an opinion on the new rules. I think theres a lot of teams that will benefit this year, force india and williams are two for me.
    Will mercedes maintain their quick pace throughout the season, im not sure.

Blades, i hope we get this thread going again cos F1 is a great sport.  

13. Anyone want to bring this back

14. I'm in! Watching US Grand Prix now, glad the weather finally cooperated! Kinda hoping Nico can hold off Hamilton today.

15. <-- One of the few American F1 fans....
    Mostly people here are interested in NASCAR...And I suspect its only for the wrecks. I stopped watching years ago, mostly because there isnt a single STOCK part on a "stock car". When is the last time you saw a RWD, V8, Toyota Camry on the street??? GTFOH
    I'd rather watch F1, SCCA, V8 supercars, Drag racing, GP racing. Pretty much any racing other than nascar :laughing:

[​IMG]

Mostly Im a drag racing fan :D

16. Lets bump this one back up Formula 1 fans!!!!

We're a week away from the new season and new cars!

I've always been a McLaren fan. Lets go Danny and Lando!