In the ghetto with ice & blue cheeze

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by blakeshouse, May 9, 2011.

1. I am using the slowest grower to set the height. Being one week in now all I can do is keep everything as even as possible. You get a "feel" for it pretty quick

2. Somehow the PH on my BC got out of whack. It only took a few hrs to notice. For some reason it shot up to 6.6 today, took a bit of back and forth to get it set back right, she should look fine again tomorrow

3. Looking good bro, 6.6 a bit high easy fix though. Keep checking her daily. Its going to be a record plant. ;)

4. This Thread is useless with out pix's ....lol jk

so i took the unknown plant out of the 4 bucket sys today and put her in a single bucket. It has out grown my yum-bolts by over a foot. i will be putting her in the flower room in a few days.
    i have no idea what she is, no mom no dad, so it seems that i have an orphan on my hands, and i think i'll name her Annie...

i might even start a thread on her, what ya think

5. BIG Orphan Annie: LIVE On Stage!!!!!!!!

6. #26 blakeshouse, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    AND THE DUMB ASS AWARD OF THE MONTH GOES TO..................................ME
    My timer is on a surge protector power strip all by its lonesome. Well last Friday early afternoon I am in the ghetto and decided to reset the pins on the timer to 12/12. The way the ghetto works is I must go out and close the tarps turn on the heater and tuck em in for the night. This has happened like clockwork every evening at 5:45 pm as the lights go out at 6. Well this evening I was late due to being in an online poker game. That ended just about 15 mins ago. (7pm) I got out to the garage thinking I will have to feel my way through everything and when I opened the door, that light was still shining bright.

There is a switch on the timer to run either the timer or as an outlet, I hit that switch so instead if being on 12/12 for a week I been running 24/0. Screen is more full than I wanted for the first time with these unknown strains, unknown as far as there stretch goes when put into flower.

Ghetto just may be turning into the JUNGLE

7. ohhhh shittt< GL with that! Sativa pehnos?

8. Nothing wrong with a little extra growth. It could of been worse. So your saying the light has not shut off for the entire week you thought you were in flower. You seriously never came out to your grow room just before lights on and listened to that ballast pop on and warm up.

When I first turn my girls to flower I usually stay in the room until the lights go off, and make sure I go into the room about 5 minutes before lights go on, I do this for the first 2 to 3 days. And I of course check for light leaks right after lights go out, or before they come on. Just something I found I had to do.

Well I am sure your screen is going to fill in just fine. ;)

(Have you had a chance to check out my new pics in my thread?)

9. i have done that a time or two, its all good bro. there might be a spike in the power bill this month.... lol

10. pix tomorrow I promise

11. Was just about waiting at the door for the light to come on this morning (amazing how much easier it is to be on 12/12 when the outlet/timer switch is in the right position). My big girl Blue Cheese hasn't fully,but is showing the signs of springing back from the PH problem I found yesterday. Must have been going on for a day or more and I didn't notice, that's my bad, gotta pay more attention I guess (just like the timer). Not sure what everyone was expecting but this is the ghetto warts and all

12. Got the camera I was expecting. Damn blondes!!!!! She took the battery out and kept it!!!!!!! So todays are gonna be with my old pos one more time

13. Now instead of ending week one of flower, I have ended one week of 24/0 and now it has ACTUALLY just been thru its first 12/12 cycle.
    The 24/0 made a big difference in the plants and I am sure my power bill (thanks for the reminder Stinkie) Same pos camera for now but updated none the less, so here we go Ice#1 Ice#2 and BlueCheese

Just as a reminder the last set was taken 4 days ago

Attached Files:

14. These are a few more from today that ended up on the camera. (gotta remember that memory card!!!

As always it is #1, #2 and BC

Attached Files:

15. trying to make up for lost time and a shitty camera......lol

you go girls

16. Ditto :D

17. Just 1 week later for finish but now it is the same shitty cam :0)

18. Least I aint having to cut my screen out bit by bit

19. Preference only friend!!! I chose to be able to inspect my buckets more closely without a screen in the way. I didn't have to take the screen out! I had not one plant that really required me to remove the screen. Besides I enjoy harvesting the entire plant vs, cut it up branch by branch and hang every branch separately. Just a amateur move using a screen in the first place.

The bitch of it all is, is scrog sucks. Its for closet and tent growers, I fortunately do not grow in either one. I guess I wanted to try to see what all the hype was about. And I failed miserably. I wonder how many growers do scrog with a 1,000 watt light and a 600 watter.

How many scrogs have you seen with 1600 watts of light?

20. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DUMB ASS UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided I was gonna change the lighting schedule for my own reasons, so I change the timer and while I was there I decided to check the PH that had been acting up, it was fine all day @ a steady 5.9 which makes me wonder why BC still looks as weak as she does.

I suddenly dawned on me........I saw the same thing in one of em from a pinched air line. The PH going nuts the way the plant looked everything. I hadn't even thought about it but it was my only bucket that had my older style cheap air rigs in it. Couldn't afford my nice one adding another bucket to the mix, that died almost right away. My cheaper stone rig had clogged up tight.

The top of the pt is 8" below the screen. BC had been the monster of the 3. She is gonna be fine, but I'm not my back hurts too bad tonight to fix it, I really over did it today but I have to redo the entire screen tomorrow!!!!!

Attached Files: