Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How to make a lightbulb vap *PICS*

• Please log in to reply

ChronicNugs

ChronicNugs

Piece Maker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 305 posts
Sorry if this is a repost but I have been seeing a lot of threads asking how to empty out light bulbs to make them into vaps. I know I was confused as fuck before I had seen this done. Also, post any useful tips/tricks/comments on vaps here.

Lightbulb vap FAQ
Is it dangerous? No
Does it smell? Not if you do it right
How do you light it? Hold the bulb about an inch over the tip of a flame, I suggest using a candle.
How do you hit it? When you see the vaps start to roll shake the bulb and then hit it while you hold it over the flame
Does it get you higher than normal? It is a cleaner high with less wasted weed

Get some salt, a knife, a scissors, and of course a bulb
Posted Image

Cut the little piece of copper off the tip with some scissors
Posted Image

The second step should have left a nice hole in the black ceramic stuff
Posted Image

Get the point of a knife in the hole and twist until all the ceramic breaks
Posted Image

Stick your scissors in the hole and twist them around to break all the glass inside the bulb
Posted Image

Dont be afraid to really get thre scissorcs in there, you dont want to leave any glass behind
Posted Image

Empty out the bulb
Posted Image

Pour some salt in the bulb if it is frosted, and shake it until it is clear
Posted Image

Heres what you will be left with
Posted Image

The cap is optional and easy to make, heres a pic of mine
Posted Image

Edit: Heres an example of a cap, you hit the pen and use the other hole as a choke. To make the holes, slowly twist the tip of a knife into the cap, it makes perfect circles. Hold your bulb over a candle to hit it, about an inch above the tip of the flame.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
  • Tokemon5478 likes this

Tokemon5478

Tokemon5478

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 174 posts
Nice pics and explanation. +rep

And do these things actually work? Do they get you higher than smoking and do they use up less weed? Thanks.

TorontoCartel

TorontoCartel

• Registered Upgraded
  • 756 posts
nice very detailed, might try it out +rep

ChronicNugs

ChronicNugs

Piece Maker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 305 posts

Nice pics and explanation. +rep

And do these things actually work? Do they get you higher than smoking and do they use up less weed? Thanks.

It is more of a cleaner high. Im going to attempt to explain it: it is like nugs is to schwag as a vap is to a pipe, if that makes sense. You will get higher from less weed as well, there is no waste or bi-product. You can also smoke the weed out of a bong when you are done for an extra kick. I would not suggest smoking it out of anything else though because it does acquire a taste from being vaporized.

Hazed

Hazed

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,494 posts
my vaporbros makes weed turn to dust so I know its working :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

it slowly shrinks and turns brown until its just like a little rock of plant tar lol

ChronicNugs

ChronicNugs

Piece Maker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 305 posts

my vaporbros makes weed turn to dust so I know its working :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

it slowly shrinks and turns brown until its just like a little rock of plant tar lol

Wow I didn't know that you could vaporize it until that state. I usually just vap my buds until they turn brown.

dani2

dani2

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww , Dont crack heads and meth users do that shit ?

Edit: To smoke there crack and meth :P

Peace out

stoner_new__420

stoner_new__420

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww , Dont crack heads and meth users do that shit ?

Edit: To smoke there crack and meth :P

Peace out

Ya but only methheads and crackheads actually use them for crack and meth.
I'm for sure gonna try it. I wanted to before but i didnt know how to get that white shit outta the bulb.
P.S. Does it matter if the bulb is burned out?
Will it be a harsh smoke or anything?

ChronicNugs

ChronicNugs

Piece Maker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 305 posts

Ya but only methheads and crackheads actually use them for crack and meth.
I'm for sure gonna try it. I wanted to before but i didnt know how to get that white shit outta the bulb.
P.S. Does it matter if the bulb is burned out?
Will it be a harsh smoke or anything?

No it wont matter you will be cleaning everything out of there anyway.

danwasbored

danwasbored

Butterin' The Gnar

• Old School
  • 948 posts
So how do you hit that thing?

Put your lighter up to the bottom of the bulb and inhale through the top?

Jioxer

Jioxer

420 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 564 posts
Could you explain how to make the cap?

stoner_new__420

stoner_new__420

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sweet, i just fuckin made one. It took like 5 mins. I'm already stoned. the smoke swirls around in there, its crazy. I just toked the metal top and left a lil hole at the side of my mouth. It works pretty well.

h121589

h121589

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

So how do you hit that thing?

Put your lighter up to the bottom of the bulb and inhale through the top?

i was also wondering how do u heat this thing?

rumandromanism

rumandromanism

Meditate on Bassweight

• Old School
  • 9,792 posts

You hold a lighter under the bulb, but not so close as to turn the bottom black. You can also hold it under a candle, which is a steadier burn and less of a waste of lighter fluid.

Blaze_It_Up420

Blaze_It_Up420

The Notorious

• Old School
  • 3,351 posts
Yeah how the hell do you light/hit it lol

ChronicNugs

ChronicNugs

Piece Maker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 305 posts

To heat it i suggest using a candle because you will fry your lighter and/or burn yourself quite quickly with a lighter. To make a cap like mine cut the top of a water bottle off, the part that the cap screws onto. Hot glue it or tape it onto the bulb, make sure you can still unscrew the cap. Use a sharp knife to twist two bic sized holes in the cap. Put a stripped pen in one hole, the other is the choke. I updated the post with close ups of my cap.

Emohnke

Emohnke

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 2,526 posts
is it dangerous to smoke out of one of these things? How do you hit it and how far away from the bottom of the bulb do you put the flame? And can you just suck out of the end of the lightbulb?

rubbsled

rubbsled

Mighty Pirate

• Registered Upgraded
  • 567 posts
it looks cool, i have to try it. i've never had any sort of vaporizer so i'm excited.

does the smoke smell at all?

ChronicNugs

ChronicNugs

Piece Maker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 305 posts

is it dangerous to smoke out of one of these things? How do you hit it and how far away from the bottom of the bulb do you put the flame? And can you just suck out of the end of the lightbulb?

There is no danger that I know/can think of. Hold the flame about an inch from the glass. You need to use a stripped pen or something similar to suck the vapor out. You just put the pen about half way in the bulb and inhale. It is a lot easier to make a cap and stick the pen through it though so you don't have to hold it.

it looks cool, i have to try it. i've never had any sort of vaporizer so i'm excited.

does the smoke smell at all?

The vapor does not smell, but if you hold the flame too close and burn the weed it will smoke and smell a bit.
  • CamBo likes this

leodicapario

leodicapario

• Old School
  • 2,013 posts
+ rep for the pics and the explination. very easy to do and understandable.
nice post man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users