The Grasscity Magazine Launch

Your new #1 Marijuana Resource, check it out and Disqus(!) Grasscity Magazine, share the love blades!

smoking stems

• by CraZy CracKa
  • Feb 04 2006 03:00 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• CraZy CracKa
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:00 AM

I have been smoking daily for the last few years, and whenever it comes up everyone says smoking weed with lots of stems will give you a headache... Just the other day I ran dry, and everyone I usually re-up from wasnt around. So my friends and I were struggling. We scraped all our pieces and bongs and smoked some resin bowls, but it wasnt very much. We were looking everywhere for something, and after a few hours of calling people we decided to smoke some stems... One of my friends had a little under an ounce of stems he had been saving up, so we thought we might as well try... So we cut up a bunch into pretty small pieces and loaded some vape bowls. This worked AWESOME! I never would of thought it would work so well, but we got super blasted (after a personal vape bowl each.) Later that night we were playing some poker and decided to take some bong rips.. again, we cut up some stems and started loading bowls and again, we got super blasted (with the 24" bong, it took about 3 personal bowls each.) Over the last few days we have continued to smoke stems even though we all have weed again, we all have yet to get a headache..

So I though some of you may be interested to hear this, because I assume we are not the only ones that have been in this situation before. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how this whole "smoking stems will give you a headache" thing started..

sorry if im rambling... im pretty blasted.... off stems of course
Replies (21)

Similar Topics: smoking stems     x

• Ganja Connoisseur

• Litew8stoner
  • Old School
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:38 AM

Vaping KB stems makes sense.

• 420 24/7

• Jioxer
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:41 AM

FINALLY someone to agree with me that smoking stems isnt bad and can get you blazed!

• Pip
  • vagary
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:50 AM

I've been dry for two weeks now. I put some stems (some from KB, some from some purple shit I had a month ago) in my grinder, pack it in my bong, took a hit, and with lungs full of stem smoke, this is the first thread I see.

Okay, just finished the bowl. Bleh...I feel kind of mellowed, but the smoke has an awful taste and it definitely doesn't match up with a hit of even Jersey dirt weed as far as getting me high. Maybe I just need to smoke more (still got a ton, so I will) but more than fucking me up, it just reminded me of how much I miss the real thing.

• 420 24/7

• Jioxer
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:58 AM

Yeah I know.. it does that to you.

It is nasty.. but if you really want to get high its worth it.

• flux chuckin' mountain mo

• shagra
  • Old School
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:04 AM

vaping stems isn't the same as smoking them.
vaping works and releases almost only THC.
smoking burns the whole damn stem, which sucks ass.

• yo lets burn

• Shamrock0820
  • Old School
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:35 AM

vaping stems isn't the same as smoking them.
vaping works and releases almost only THC.
smoking burns the whole damn stem, which sucks ass.

Took the words from my mouth.

• CraZy CracKa
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:17 AM

hey shamrock.. were you ever a member on pb armory?

• Banned

• Cdn.Hustla.420
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

amen bro

• MMJ Patient

• sinsemillaplease
  • Gold Member
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

Sounds good. I guess I'll try vaping the stems I've been collecting for no apparent reason.

• ludz got greens
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

smoking stems are ok. i do it when im too lazy to break up my weed. beczuse when i get mids its usually stemy and in small ass nugs haha

• Fighting the evil empire!

• Iceni Toker
  • Bronze Member
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

If you vape the stems it's just THC your injesting, meaning no headache and a pretty good high. Smoking stem tastes like shit and gives you a headache because of the cloriphil (i have no idea how to spell it)

• weed

• PipPipPip
  • deekish
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

It gets you a little high if you haven't smoked for a long time, but for daily smokers it wont do a thing. But I thought the smoke was alright, just a little harsher than weed

• Bagstoner

• PipPipPip
  • Bobo88
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

You guys are right on the money as far as vaping vs smoking the stems. Vaping them will have the same effect as bud. Smoking them, not so much and also will taste considerably worse.

When I find myself out of bud with a jar of stems that were saved up for say over the past 2 months or so, I load them into the vaporizer. It's actually quite nice and I look forward to it. Especially if I have stems from a few different kinds of weed.

Basically it's like reliving every high that each kind of weed provided, all at once. If you like mixing different strains into a blunt then you know what I'm talking about.

• above the influence

• PipPipPip
  • sunny08
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

good to know, cant wait to try that when i get my ssv

• King of Tokes County

• Pip
  • kash-krops
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:56 AM

I mean, I've vaped some kb stems and got pretty fuckin toasted, though the kb itself it much more dank. You gotta be a broke-ass to even think about it...and I was haha

• Guest_RepentYeNbelievethegospel_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:52 AM

Personally i would think that vaping stems would be way more effective them smoking them, or using them for cooking would also work well.

• going back to cali

• michaelcola192
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:10 AM

yea i did the same one time i got ripped and was fine, but one time i got a headache, stomache hurt, super harsh smoke, tastes like shit, and my high was ruined... so i dont know

• PipPipPip
  • johnm440
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

with 1 oz of stems i would consider making some hash or something...

• dskunk893
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

i just smoked a bowl of stems out of my bubbler and at a good high right now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved