Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Banana Leaves?

• Please log in to reply

nugrugger_09

nugrugger_09

I'm a bad mother rucker!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 396 posts
a little while ago a friend of mine told me that smoking banana leaves could get you high, similar but not exactly like weed. I told him he was full of shit, but he wouldn't drop it. Does anybody know if that is true, or am I right and he is full of shit?

Similar Topics: Banana Leaves?     x

Psycholioben

Psycholioben

Banished

• Old School
  • 5,802 posts
yea, of course

if you count a placebo as high

Shamrock0820

Shamrock0820

yo lets burn

• Old School
  • 2,747 posts
Try it and find out. Tell us how it goes.

crusher101

crusher101

salvia sager

• Old School
  • 1,038 posts
actually people say the same thing about banana peels. they say if you scrape em off then put them in the oven until dry then smoke them that they get you high

i wouldnt doubt it because so many things in this world can have this effect that many people will never know about. but its not something id do.

420 Shade

420 Shade

Lovein My S13, S14!!

• Old School
  • 2,304 posts

actually people say the same thing about banana peels. they say if you scrape em off then put them in the oven until dry then smoke them that they get you high

i wouldnt doubt it because so many things in this world can have this effect that many people will never know about. but its not something id do.

when i use to go too highschoo, a teacher told me.. u heard of a song that gose like... Yellow Yellow Mellow... i was like yea, what about it.. he was like, well this singers where out of drugz, so they starter too bake da banna peelz in a oven. so then, they started to smoke it.. n thats why they came up wit da song yellow yellow mellow.. i didnt belive him, but hey it might be true... since i just saw thiz thread about it...

DurbanPoison

DurbanPoison

Gonzo

• Old School
  • 4,663 posts
Oh yeah dude. It will definitly work. You know, there is also this awesome other method - go out and get yourself some poprocks, and dump them in a hollowed out lightbulb, and smoke 'em crack style. You'll get a killer buzz...

No, I'm sorry, I just had to come up with something that would rival that stupid ass "Banannadine" (Bananna Crack) rumor...

No, smoking bananna peels won't work. I heard that smoking the thin rine that is on the penut when you crack the main shell... you know, that red little, thin, filmlike thing? I heard that if you smoke enough of those, you feel something. Once again, I feel this is about as stupid as the Bananna thing...

FUJI50

FUJI50

now if 5 fun flavors!!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 128 posts
yeah a friend of mine tried this method. it doesn't work. the only thing it does is stink up your whole house for 3 days. don't try it.
  • ak84 likes this

smokyey3z

smokyey3z

(0_o)

• Old School
  • 1,320 posts
lmao true that. if you cook a bannanna it will stink

motion

motion

Check the work ethic

• Old School
  • 4,190 posts
There some recipe in the anarchy cookbook about that. I think its an extraction method; you dont smoke the leaves

DurbanPoison

DurbanPoison

Gonzo

• Old School
  • 4,663 posts

There some recipe in the anarchy cookbook about that. I think its an extraction method; you dont smoke the pure leaves.

That's the bananna crack thing I was talking about.

I seriously reccomend not wasting your time on it. :-x

motion

motion

Check the work ethic

• Old School
  • 4,190 posts

That's the bananna crack thing I was talking about.

I seriously reccomend not wasting your time on it. :-x

I agree. I have never heard of anyone selling it, and I think I know why.

HerbsINtheBurbs

HerbsINtheBurbs

Spread Green Love

• Old School
  • 4,137 posts

<table class="question-table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="550"><tbody><tr><td class="qa">
</td> <td class="a_text">Nope, though there are persistent reports of people who say you can get high from smoking banana peels (or bananas, or extracted bananas), this is a myth has been around since the late 1960s. There are no psychoactive components in banana peels, despite scientific names such as "banandine" being created to perpetuate the myth. Smoking just about anything is likely to make one feel light-headed, but this is not the same as getting high.

There are a couple of possible sources of this rumor. One suggested source was a prank letter submitted to and published in the Berkeley Barb in March 1967. Donovan's folk classic Mellow Yellow is also cited as an early version of the story. The myth was repeated in the Anarchist Cookbook and has since spread on the web. Regardless of how many places repeat the myth, it is not true.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

:hello: yay for erowid.org

nugrugger_09

nugrugger_09

I'm a bad mother rucker!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 396 posts
Thank's guys, I never planned on trying it, seemed like a complete load of bs to me. But now I've got ammo to shoot his banana bs down.

Xieon

Xieon

Smokin Blunts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 432 posts
I think that smoking anything will give people a "higH" like effect, but only because of the large amount of smoke they are inhaling, and getting light headed.

As for bannaas, i'm pretty sure that is just a myth

AiyaJoe

AiyaJoe

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
You cant get high from smoking the leaf alone. in South Africa it is common to smoke Dry rolled banana leaves. it can be purchased from almost any local store.
people use it as an alternative to cigarettes although the taste is very different.

one love
joe

iVapeTooMuch

iVapeTooMuch

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,800 posts
check out manswers. they did this along with nutmeg and orange peels I believe.

rhino31

rhino31

freakin stoners

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,466 posts

check out manswers. they did this along with nutmeg and orange peels I believe.

Big balls?

Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Very Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 11,584 posts
Sheesh! A new variant on the old "Bananadine" myth? :laughing:

Bananadine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Granny :wave:

rhino31

rhino31

freakin stoners

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,466 posts
Ppl really creep me the fuck out man. Ery body is trying new shit. Wtf bro? Just smoke a joint man. I mean damn. don't kill yourself on K2 or something man. Sry I had to say it.

riverroadjack

riverroadjack

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,844 posts
I can get you an ounce of Banana Leaves for the low, PM me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users