Vintage Apogee Bong (Old School Cool)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Papa Half Litt, May 2, 2011.

1. What you see here is an old school Apogee bong from the 70's. My buddy bought it brand new about 34 years ago and we smoked some good bud in it for years. He put it away along time ago and forgot about it. I kept asking him about it and he said he still had it. After a few years he decided to let me get it from him.

I was doing some research on Apogee and found nothing but a few stories of people that had used Apogee back then and wished they still had the one or a story of a friend of a friend once had one. The ONLY picture I could find was of the Xpogee which you can buy now online. The Xpogee is not identical because it has an extra chamber for the bowl but is strikingly close to the design of the original This thing hits as good as it did 34 years ago and brings back memories
    What is cool about it is.when you hit it you point it down a little and the water will equalize in both chambers.thus separating the chambers, pull off the slip on bowl at the same time you level the bong and the water will rush back and the pressure will push all the smoke out pretty fast into your lungs. Once you get the hang of it evry hit is a good one. I also have my vintage rotating 6 shooter on it, the bowl is as old as the pipe so it is from the same era and period correct. If anyone has an original saw handle Apogee post some pics. .

Attached Files:

2. who do you think your kidding? i can see the hot glue

3. lolol wat teh fuck is this dude???

4. No hot glue here, a little dirty from being old but no glue. I know what I have I don't need to kid anyone.

5. i didn't know you could take the temperature of materials with your eyes

6. I think many people here including myself are gonna wanna see a milkshot

7. Wood on bong=ballin old school smoking device.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I wanna hit that thing. :D

9. That is way cool, man. Thanks for sharing. :D

Definitely take a milk shot/vid if you can. :smoking:

10. Pardon my ignorance but what is a milk shot?

11. Well duh Why did'nt I think of that. Where are the cookies dude

12. whoa how do you take a hit off that hting?

13. Funny. I still have a few 1979 High Times advertisements of that thing when it was first being sold.

I like the ol'school revolver bowl too.

14. looks awesome! any milkshot/video coming?

a milkshot is when you milk up the bong (take a nice hit) and snap a picture when its all filled. :wave:

15. Those bong aren't clear, you really can't see much inside of them.

16. Any way you can scan and post the old advertisement? That would be cool

17. definitely make a video of that bad boy in action. Wow technology these days. OG shit right there.

18. I'm sorry I don't have a scanner.

I'm pretty sure my friend 4seasons had it posted in his thread though. I remember him saying it was his favorite bong of the era.

It'd take some digging, but assuming you are an old timer you will probably like this thread anyway, though you may need to join to see some of the pics.

Take a bong rip and stroll down memory lane. I'm younger but I still enjoy seeing the old stuff.

The "Vintage Cannabis Photography" thread.
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=135579