Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

$$$ West Cost Alaska Weed cost $100 for 3 grams, How much where you live???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Woodsmantoker, Feb 1, 2006.

1. thanks for all the great replys, yes I do grow its the only way to go here. I have picked my three fav strains and grow them in rotation but I thought it would be neat to compare with folks around the globe. Yes growing is legal to a point. The law says, up to 4 OZ of manicured bud is accceptable, or 4 plants but the fine lines are sketchy im sure in their best interest. The problem is, people just dont. And most good comercial is coming from Achorage AK where its not much differant than any other American city and the prices are alot more tame, here in the bush though means some one had to at least spend $500 in air fare just to go pick it up unless they own a plane. So I am not sure who started it here because I have never seen pot sold the way they do here, but they some one started selling in only 2 bag size and sold em for 50 and 100$. And it stuck. Needless to say its a big money market in a small ass place. You guys can do the math. On top of it all.....The town is the 3rd most expensive place to live in the USA. FACT

2. Canadians need to hook up with us sounds like.

3. hahahahahahaha. ditto.

4. thats crazy... cant u legaly grow like 3 plants or something in alaska... y dont u do that... and if thats true then u r DEFFINATLY getting ripped

5. Wow I can get an O for 100 bucks Canadian...

6. um you live in alaska, where you can legaly have up to 24 plants, yet your paying 100 bucks for a few grams?

who else smells BS?

7. Its $50-$60 for an 1/8 around hear we really get shafted.

8. i get a gram for 10 $ (300-350 slovak crowns) .. so for 100 $ i would get about 10-11 grams

9. 100$ gets me almost a half o of danks but thats just through my connect ;]

10. Lol South Central Alaska lol Thats where all the thugs from Alaska are at.

11. Those prices are insane! For 25 bucks I get an eigth usually weighing a full 4 grams. 50 bucks gets me 7 grams, 90 bucks gets me 14 grams, and 150 gets me a full ounce, all of the weed that i buy is really dank shit. All prices are canadian funds.

12. for mids:
    1/8=20
    1/4=35
    1/2=65
    for dank:
    1/8=45
    1/4=90

13. Time to put things into perspective!
    Alaska is a insanely vast region that is mostly untamed wilderness. If you have never been it is very hard to imagine just how big it really is. “If you know you’re US states” two Texas’s would fit comfortably in Alaska. Also Alaska is 1/3 the size of the whole USA. To get a grip of how much surface area Alaska covers, if you were to detach the state and place it over the eastern USA, it would touch far above Maine into Canada and as far south as the Florida Keys and still keep going. With that in mind, the prices very GREATLY depending on where in AK you are. The South Eastern part of the state is very close and touching Canada. As well, it is much closer to the rest of civilization *US* and it becomes much easier to obtain things from those areas. Thus the prices are much more acceptable. The West coast however, in most parts is only reachable by plane. “Such as the area where I live” From here, you can travel by boat or snowmobile *dependant upon season* and get to the even more remote villages where a fisherman or trapper may be very happy to buy a pin size joint from you from $20-50 US. If you think about it, I bet you would give up a little more money to get a chance to smoke if you had not even seen marijuana in a few months. Its perspective. Yes state law is that it is legal to *smoke, and grow for personal use only* and there are limits. I follow these laws close and keep my nose clean. I have great personal smoke but do enjoy seeking new adventures with villagers and don’t mind pitching in on a bag with friends if it means a new taste.One more thing for those who find it hard to believe that people would pay such a heavy price for so little; The region has the harshest climate in the world. The average education level is very low. The easily obtainable resources that are needed for the most simple indoor grow at your local Walmart or hardware store just don’t exist in the bush and are much more difficult to obtain. As well, the knowledge of growing is far from common and is rarely taught. Thanks for all your replies!

14. where i live, you dont really know what to buy for. its pretty much $20/gram, and no one knows what type of plant it is before they sell it to you (cause its gone through so many people before it gets to you.. we have like 1 grower to 1000 consumers in Maryland..thats USA :rolleyes: ). if someone tries to sell you some shit, then too bad, they probably wont go lower than 20/gram. good news is, if you get lucky enough to find some good dank, you will still usually get it for 20/gram.

15. but Alaska is like any other place up north. Most people make a ton of money and don't care about $50 8ths becasue their making $50 an hour 12 hours a day in shitty conditions.

16. Yup, best I got so far was 10 grams for $100

17. Im from estonia and i get 6 gramms for 100$
    i pay like 15$ per gram..:/
    Its kinda much.

18. yo i get ounce for 170 in canada

19. Valid point on the whole income thing however, the vast majorityof people in my area do make a "high" dollar amount for the work but are the only people around to do the job. As well, this is a fishing town where people for generations have caught salmon for a living and they have then become a people that are custom to working only a part of the year for money and the rest of the year is spent staying alive through the winter. Its hard to break that cultural mind set and there for higher prices seem to be in demand in order to get people to work.
    But the dynamics are so vast I could go on forever, point is the buds are expencive and HA my WHITE WIDOW IS about 3 day to harvest!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!

20. wow .. thats completley bs cause alaska can allow x amount in homes for personal use ........... ur gettin fucked man go find a real dealer