[OFFICIAL] Anime Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Faded Skies, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Wow thanks for the link to that site!

2. my top 5.
    Naruto
    FLCL
    Full metal alchemist BH
    Deathnote
    Samurai Champoo

Recent ones
    D grey man
    Spice and wolf
    Full metal panic
    Kaze no sigma

3. I didn't expect much from this series, but was completely blown away. It was pretty damn good.

4. Have you all ever heard of Hokuto No Ken?

5. Yup. It's an oldie but a goodie.

The studio that produced that is responsible for many of the bigger series.
    Cutie Honey
    Captain Harlock
    Galaxy Express 999
    Dragonball
    Saint Seiya
    One Piece
    Digimon

Plus a ton of good movies. Man, now I want to rewatch GE 999.

6. you should check out fooly cooly. its wierd as fuck and they only made 6 episodes but its still good.

and they NEED to bring this show back

[​IMG]

zoids was the shit

7. #47 Cannibetrue, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    Lupin III !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHEP71Wt_I8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHEP71Wt_I8&feature=related[/ame]

8. lmao that exactly what happened to me. i really thought it was gonna suck but i was hooked after the first episode:smoke:

9. For sure. You're just like, "Old time? Naked fox girl? Apples? This is going to be terrible." Next episode, "Damn, this is going somewhere!"

10. Lupin the 3rd was great, also Dragonball and Dragonball z, im surprised nobody mentioned those two.

11. I had mentioned DBZ...love that show!

12. Dragonball is tight. DBZ was good through the Cell saga. After that, when the Buu saga started, it went to shit. Fusion, the great saiya man, etc.. It just wasn't good.

13. I see ALOT of criticism on DBZ on the internet but everyone I know loves it...most ppl watched when they were young so its like a part of their childhood

14. I too watched it growing, but when the Buu saga started, (even as a kid), I couldn't stand it. It just sunk. Then GT came around and that was even worse. I'll watch DB and DBZ all the way through until the Cell Games end and love every bit. Well, except for those episodes of DBZ where the whole thing was some yelling and grunts.

"THIS WEEK ON DRAGONBALL Z. GOKU ENCOUNTERS GINYU FORCES AND JUST GOES UGHASD:LKJGHGSUHSGDOIUG!!!!!" *20 minutes later* "NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z. WILL GOKU EVER MAKE HIS MOVE? we doubt it."

15. As a kid I absolutely loved it. When I look back to watch it know I realized how annoying every female in the show was & Mr. Satan that shit really pissed me off! lol

16. Back when it was on Toonami. I was honestly more interested in Tenchi Muyo! and Tenchi Universe.

Anyone ever watched Bastard? I don't know a lot of people who have, but it's pretty tight.

17. Rurouni Kenshin was on toonami thats one of my favorites. I liked Gundam wing too.

Never watched Bastard..it only has 6 episodes?!

18. Yeah. It was a short one. Pretty cool stuff though. Some of that nice early 90s style fantasy/action.

Kenshin was great. I had the whole boxset, but I gave it to a friend who was a much bigger fan than me. All the late night toonami stuff was great. Trigun, Outlaw Star, Bebop, Kenshin, Evangelion, Big O, Heat Guy J, etc.. If it wasn't for that and sci-fi channel's ani-monday block, I might not have gotten into anime as much as I did.

19. Dragonball GT sucked, no doubt about that i only watched it to see the end of the series. The Buu saga wasn't great but it was good, especially when Vegeta goes evil. Toonami, was the shit i miss it a lot. Trigun is my favorite anime of all time, haven't seen a show i like as good as it besides Yu Yu Hakusho.

20. #60 BMORE HiiiGH, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
    Been watching Sengoku Basara for a while now...I recommend this show
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCXYbE0eLEM&feature=related[/ame]