Skinny Buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trchd1, Apr 28, 2011.

1. #1 trchd1, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
    I am into 6th week flowering. I have 3 different plants. They look great, but they all have skinny buds. Nothing over 1/2 to 3/4 thick

400 HPS with a new bulb, plenty of fresh air. Humidity is a little high ( 55 - 65 % ) but I have a small dehumidifiyer and a 10 fan blowing on high during the light of the 12/12 phase

I am giving them HESI nutes every other day with some mollassess once maybe twice a week

What am I doing wrong :confused:

2. at 6 weeks you should've stopped feeding them nutes and had your 6 week flush and finish with feeding Molasses Water (depending on how long your flower period is, im going with 8-9weeks) Also, Nutes every other day? Waaaayyyy to much, try every other watering.

pictures would be helpful though, also the plant's Bud's swell 20-30% in the last 2 weeks before fully ripe.

3. I've been folowing the feeding schedule of HESI nutes

They say flush the last 2 weeks

I will send some pics but They are obvious late bloomers cause They still have nothing but pure white hairs and more coming

I figure a 9-10 week flower or more

4. Can over nuting actually cause skinny buds??

5. Does any one else have a helpful opinion :confused::confused:

6. Are the strains your groing sativa dominant? I read somewhere that sativas tend to have longer skinnier buds then indicas.

7. that too, Sativa's do have longer Lanky buds, but if you have a sativa, you're looking for an upwards of 11+ weeks.