The Grasscity Magazine Launch

Your new #1 Marijuana Resource, check it out and Disqus(!) Grasscity Magazine, share the love blades!

How do I know if it's smokers cough?

• by The3rdNipple
  • Apr 23 2011 10:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • The3rdNipple
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

I've started smoking near october of last year and I'm on and off. I usually wait weeks to months before I smoke. But lately (last 2 or 3 months) I've been doing it quite a lot, well actually a few times a week (which is a lot to me). And now that I'm on spring break, I've been doing it almost everyday and now I'm starting to cough every now and then.

I was sick a few days ago with a sore throat and now I'm coughing and I'm not sure if it's a smokers cough. It's only been a few days so I'm not quite sure.
Replies (10)

• Hungry Eyes for Marijuana

• Madian
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

I doubt it its most likely due to your cold.

• Let's Build

• SsmokeWeed
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

You have definitely not been smoking long enough to develop smoker's cough.

• Broaden Your Horizons

• InDreams
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

I would recommend a bubbler or vaporizer if the sore throat is bothering you.

• pentax
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

You know its smokers cough when.. you have smoked for a LONG time. And really depends what you smoke as well. For myself, 15 years of weed and tobacco mixed means I will indefinately choke if I take too big of a hit. You my friend do not have smokers cough, but what you might have is bad quality meds.

And ya, when Im sick, hell I cant even take a mini hit without coughing a lung. So I just stay away till I feel better. That goes for cigs too. Good idea on a vape Dreams, that might just be what you need. Not everyone has the same capacity. I tell a lot of patients dont be overzealous. It will hurt in the end :wave:

• Pip
  • BLuntyMcHash
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:35 PM

weed is probably helping with your cold. it is an expectorant that helps clear lungs of phlegm and unwanted goop

• BaKKed BeanZ

• purple3.0haze
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

Ever since i started smoking, i've never had a cold, stomach virus, or any ailment for more than a day. If you eat heathy weed is like super medicine

• SaveTheBees

• BluntAssassin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:39 AM

weed is probably helping with your cold. it is an expectorant that helps clear lungs of phlegm and unwanted goop

I second this. It also dries your nasal passages.

• Caunotaucarius

• Spliffin Bowls
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:40 AM

Nah, it'll take a few years of strong usage to develop a cough.

Regarding your cold: If your nose is all stuffy, take a bong rip and exhale through it. Repeat a few times if its that bad, then go try to blow your nose. It works, I swear.

• Just smile :)

• jlear3
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

this is like thinking your liver will give out after a shot of whiskey lol.. man up ;)

• Obelix

• -4Twenty-
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

I've got a smoker's cough and it sucks but yeah, I enjoy smoking too much to quit.
A smoker's cough is really deep and mostly comes with a lot of slime, yeah it's not pretty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved