PLEASE PLEASE Help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Airborneshark, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Hey there! :wave:

Hopefully I can help ya a bit.. First off big bloom is for the flowering stage.. For vegg you need something with a higher n level than p.. I use grow big, but there are plenty of others out there.. I've never used thrive so I can't tell you much on that..

How do you feel the soil to test if it is dry? The easiest way is to water as normal and lift the pot to feel the weight.. Then don't water until you lift up the pot and it feels light.. Mj likes periods of wet followed by a short period of dry just to get the roots to spread out.. If you water too much the roots won't have to search for water and will remain under developed..

You can start nutrients as early as 2 weeks, but the key to that is to highly dilute it with water and then slowly increase as the girl can handle it.. A little burnt on the ends is not that bad.. When it is spreading out then you need to water with only water a few times..:eek:

A small oscillating fan will strengthen the stem to give you bigger buds.. Just make sure not to point the fan straight at the girl and just let it blow over her.. If it is constant and direct the stem will actually weaken..

The yellowing of the leaves indicates a nitrogen deficency.. That can be cured with the right nutes as well as earthworm castings..:D

Don't over correct your girl.. Just let her dry out a bit.. You've already used two gallons on her so that was your flush..

I really hate to say this, but a better solution for your mom's situation is for you to get a job to help her out with money and you can continue doing this on the side if you would like for personal use..

It takes a long time to get a girl through a harvest.. If your mom is in trouble now a more immediate solution is needed.. Growing takes a lot of time and a lot of patience.. 4-5 weeks vegg and then 6-13 weeks of flower and that isn't even adding in the fact that if you are using regular bagseed then you are at an increased rate of hermi since you don't know the genetics.. There is also a 50/50 shot you'll grow a male which all you can do is chop down and start over..:eek:

What happens if your mom does lose the house and you have to move the grow? Even worse what if your mom was losing the house and somehow you got caught with a grow.. That can haunt you and her for the rest of your lives..

I do hope everything works out for you though and I wish you only the best of luck.. :wave:

:smoke:

2. Thanks BB. SO... is my 50/50 soil mix ok? and stick with the water for a while? just less frequently? What about auto watering? like having standing water in a bin, just like 1/4 inch, and let the plant take it up thru the bottom of the pot as needed??

3. Hey Sam, Thanks for the info, I actually do have a full time job, and am in school also for anonymity sake I'll just say I am in the medical filed. I didn't mean to come off like a bum, I was stressing out earlier pretty bad. I actually have grow big also, but haven't started it yet, was going to, but she started looking bad, the reason I used bloom is because thats what the "feeding charts said" 0-2 weeks, at 2 weeks hit it with the grow. Seeds, I got from Attitude all feminized, got some more on 420, had a sweet deal going.

4. #24 samson32, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011

No problem airborne you just had me scared for a minute that all your eggs were in one basket.. Good call on fems.. :hello:A good thing about those is well you know they are girls and once they get some branches on them you can clone and stretch out your seed supply..

Gotcha on the chart.. I just never used it lol.. Be careful though to start out even more diluted than it says.. 1/4 is usually a good way to start.. I usually give only water for the first few weeks and then start slowly adding it in little by little.. As long as you don't dose her it will keep burning to a minimum and allow you to give her heavier doses later on, but not stunting early..

Just remember plants are a lot slower than us.. If you do something to them today it may take a day or two to really notice how much you've affected them which causes a lot of growers to over correct..

5. lol I was scared too, then I just had to take a step back, I have a lot invested, and am counting on them, but I am learning, and cant expect 100% success right out of the gate. Thanks again for taking the time.....

6. No problem.. I'll be in and out as studying permits.. If I'm ever not here and you need help feel free to stop by any of the links in my sig.. A lot of good growers lurking around there.. Exception being stoner chicks lol..

Just keep reading everything you come across though.. Everyday I still google growing just to make sure no extra tips have been added.. The more you know the harder it is to kill your babies..

7. I need to be studying myself, Trauma is calling my name, been putting it off all day.

8. Hi,
    I see a few issues, but they all look fixable. First the pots are the wrong size, so transplant it into a 3 gallon or bigger pot. This will give it a chance to feed on the new dirt too. Second, don't use the superthrive, it's a hormone, in quantity it's actually quite toxic to plants, and it's well known to make plants 'grow funny' if you apply it too often. They shouldn't need feeding at this size, but if you insist, no more than 1/4 strength of it. Get some cal-mag, use 1/4 the amount the bottle states, like 1/4 teaspoon to gallon and use it every other watering. Let the plant dry out well between waterings... the roots need air as much as they need the water.
    Keep going, you will learn as you grow. Repost if you run into issues. Good luck.

9. Thanks Skunk,

10. #30 lbezphil2005, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    bro you are watering too much, plain and simple. My seedlings I let the soil almost completely dry out to the touch, then water. after a week or two transplant into bigger container, same thing, water then let pot dry out almost completely and the word is completely. best thing until you get used to it is take the same size container and fill with same soil, only never water, just leave next to plants. then feel that pot and the ones you are watering. when those feel close to the dry one, then water. simple. thats your one and only problem, too much water. Superthrive is fine to use if you use it sparingly, listen to the old timers, they will tell you right every time. Not sure what is going on here at GC, but the help seems to be getting a little sketchy!!

ps - love the sig!!!!