PLEASE PLEASE Help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Airborneshark, Apr 23, 2011.

1. #1 Airborneshark, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011
    Good Afternoon everyone, I am in need of some help, seriously. I am new to all of this. Brand new. I started growing to help out my family, my brother is away at college and my mom is struggling because of the economy (she is in sales). So I'd love to help her out. I only have about 10 seeds now,(more ordered though) one died and one is following the same path. Same signs as the one who died. So I need help to fix this. The plant is 2 going on 3 weeks old(ish), if you start time from breaking thru soil. Until about 3 days ago, this was a beautiful, healthy looking plant. Then it started getting yellow on the edges, and the leaves started curling up. I tried to find answers online, thought it sounded like Mg, so I bought some epsom salt, boiled 2tbs and added to 2 gallons and watered. That was yesterday. Today my leaves are a little droopy, from the extra water I guess, but the plant isn't doing better. I honestly can't afford play "trial and error" and lose the plants. I need some help from some seasoned growers. Right now I am using soil, 50/50 fox farm ocean & sunshine advance #4. I am running my water through a pura filter, and the ph (tested moments ago) of the water is about 6.5. I have used the fox farm big bloom, well diluted in a 2 gallon sprayer, and also diluted superthrive and flurolicious plus, but not every watering. I have 6 cfl "daylight" bulbs on them running 18/6 with 2 fans running on low 24/7. Both this plant and the one that died, seemed to be doing exceptionally well, then suddenly turned bad. Within a few days the first was withered to nothing. I need help.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      File size:
      415.1 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpeg
      10.jpeg
      File size:
      508.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpeg
      4.jpeg
      File size:
      438.6 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpeg
      9.jpeg
      File size:
      409.4 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpeg
      8.jpeg
      File size:
      321 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpeg
      7.jpeg
      File size:
      474.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpeg
      6.jpeg
      File size:
      422.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpeg
      5.jpeg
      File size:
      429.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpeg
      3.jpeg
      File size:
      321.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      514.3 KB
      Views:
  2. It is all the same plant, taken today.

3. It looks like over watering and nutrient burning.
    how often do you water? Are you feeding with nutrients?
    what type of soil do you have, and whats your light set up? how many plants is that?

4. disregard last Q haha

5. sorry i totally skipped reading your intro and went to the pics cause i read your intro on your other post. Its definitly nutrient burn. just water every other day or less. have you grown before?

6. and keep your ph closer to 5.5

7. I water when the soil feels dry, prob every other or every 3rd day. Alternating with: just water, big bloom, and thrive.

Soil is 50/50 Ocean Forrest & Sunshine Advanced #4

Lights are 6 CFL "daylight"s 26w about 4-6 inches away, basically forming a circle around all the plants

8. 5.5 in the soil?? I thought soil was a higher PH? and hydro was like 5.5? soil 6 - 6.5??

9. the big bloom is very low in nutes (0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7 )
    And from what i understand the thrive doesn't have nutes idk

10. I have Never grown before

11. Chill with the nutes and flush even if it's just a little in the first place. Looks like nute burn to me too.

12. I have never grown, just tried to do A LOT of research here and on the web before i started

13. Very much this. That soil is potent as heck. No need for outside nutrients for a long while.

14. So using that soil mix, say the first month just water?

15. Will the diluted thrive be ok? Or is it even needed? I guess keep it simple right? Seeds having been growing for thousands of years, with Soil Water Light.........

16. Yes that soil already has fert in it, tooooo much if you ask me and many others. It looks like your watering too much...Flush that plant and see what the runoff ppm is

17. Super thrive isn't needed.

• Like Like x 1

18. This is just wrong.. That's even the bottom end for hydro..

This is correct..

this is correct

and I never use this.. :p

back off on the water, get your Ph in the sweet spot and watch them grow.. :hello:

19. Thanks for the Info!!! I think I am gonna flush and keep just water for the first month or so......