Grapes

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Freedom, Apr 21, 2011.

1. :wave::wave::wave:

How is the grape empire going? :smoke:

2. Hey lovely you :D:wave::poke:

Here's mah vines:

DSCF1008.JPG

DSCF1009.JPG

And here you can see that i've circled where I've got NO FUCKING GRAPES. :mad::p:p

DSCF1010.JPG

Bastards are playing hard to get. :confused:

3. :D:wave:

Are you going to veg them forever :poke:

4. :laughing::laughing:

Fuck off. :mad::laughing:

5. This is vintage wine already :wave::bolt:

6. You know, even if you got grapes this year they would taste horrible, a little bitter BB, with a very slight sweet under tone. Like most fruit tree you should prune off the fruit for the first two years, allow the plant to establish. You should also be cutting off all shoot grow that is growing out and not up.

Keep an eye out for powdery/Downey mildew, White flies, grape scales, and Japanese beetles.

7. :laughing: yep, it's special wine like my special indica. :D

Wow man, you like totally pissed all over my grape dream, :(:p you're a fan of the tough love approach huh? :smoke:

Also, grape scales? :eek: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeew. :(

8. Wow man, you like totally pissed all over my grape dream, :(:p you're a fan of the tough love approach huh? :smoke:

Also, grape scales? :eek: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeew. :([/QUOTE]

I just look at it as that could possibly be a 20-30 year old plant if taken care of properly, giving it a few years to ready its self for the harsh world to come. Everything deserves a child hood.;):smoke: If you rush them you can cause permanent stunting which will make the vine more suspetiable to things like Oak root fungus, Eutypa, and Canker. Grapes are not a plant that you can let grow "naturally" and expect any amount of fruit from them, they are one of the more difficult perennial vines to grow. There is at least two mandatory spray that go on in the spring and summer. Its also advisable to spray down with a horticultural oil spray before bud break, to kill any over wintering insects in the bark. You have to prune in fall/winter and prune again in late spring early summer. Then in the end you are only getting 8-13lbs of grapes per vine. That is why I only grow trees, same amount of work but you get 50-300lbs. Anyways, stay up have fun with it.

Scales...UC IPM: UC Management Guidelines for European Fruit Lecanium Scale on Grape
    they are a problem for Vineyard here in California. They are like aphids suck the cullose out, make honey dew attracts ants, ants will eat fruit. They also like aphids pass around virus to all the other vines.

9. That special indica is now super special since it got discontinued, they have stopped making their Northern lights too so I might grab some to hang on to :D

How long before these grapes get put under the HPS? :smoke:

10. I'm gonna report you for spamming my wall :laughing: :wave::p

I'm gonna put you under the hps :mad::laughing::smoke:

11. :D Thats great that you can grow them for so long, bet you're looking forward to that
    Free :):smoke:

12. :laughing: Yeah, what with me being the most patient person I know and everything. :p:rolleyes:

30 years? That's a bubble. :smoke:

13. After growing these grapes some of the Sativa strains like Dr Grinspoon with a 14 week flowering time doesn't look so bad :smoke:

14. How are your grapes doing? I just finished harvesting our test plots, Huzzah. We pulled just a little over 9 tons/Acre which is really good. Average is 4-7tons/Acre. The Brix finished at 23.6 after an inch of rain. So with out the rain should have been closer to 24.5-25. But oh well, the wine is turning out well, got 25 gallons going.

Attached Files:

15. Wow wish i could grow those in florida.

16. :wave: Haha, I've just read the tags to this thread. Still no grapes I take it :rolleyes:

17. I want sum grapes...nom nom nom

18. Yeah, they would most likely just rot in your climate to much moisture. Plus, the sugar would be so diluted from your constant humidity.

You think you want so grapes to nom on them but you will find your self in a world of hurt eating to many of these grapes. So much sugar, so much fiber.....:eek::confused::(.

In like five year Freedom will have a "bunch" of grapes, pun intended and she will only be 1/4 of the way to wine.

19. How come my grapes don't look like that? :poke::mad:

:p Great job man, they look fabbo. :hello:

:laughing::laughing: nope. :(:p Just lots and lots of leaves. I'll take a pic tomoz, they look happy and grew a shit ton this year, just no fruitio. :smoke:

My no-grapes are your no-grapes man :love::laughing::p

You're a prophet of doom :poke::p I'll have wine next year, you'll see. YOU'LL AAALLLLL SEEEE! :devious::devious::devious::eek:

20. *prays they dont have to be dried and cured*

cause lets face it youll never have wine...lmao...:laughing:
    :poke:............:bolt: