input?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NEED5WEED, Jan 23, 2006.

1. hey hey guys... alright well heres this deal!

this year im thinking about trying a little outdoor grow, this will be my first attempt, ive been toying with the idea the past yr or two and im finally determined.... ive read up on the topic but will most certainly need to keep reading as time passes anyways!

i live in the new england area, massachusetts, in reguards to an outdoor grow that of course means some cold ass temps and other things as well! so! what i wanted to know is if im fairly correct with what i need to do.

i was thinking of picking up some seeds in about 2 weeks(will they stay good until mid/late may? i think they will but if not please let me know), im gunna try and get a strain that has a short flowering time... which would mean id be looking for primarily an indica strain(unless i got them switched) but anyways! i was gunna germ them in mid-late may, let them grow a bit inside and then transplant them(into pre-dug holes, and im gunna put good soil and etc. etc. ) around mid-june, which should put me in the range of a very late to early/mid september harvest time correct? but im curious as to how that would work... and also id be away for a month sometime during my grow... which would be the best time to do that? (im goin on a trip in the summer) i was thinking more along the flowering time because... atleast in my head... they'd probaly need less attention... they'd already be either a) pretty healthy and established or b)dead.... where as if i left during the veg stage if something wrong happened i wouldnt really have a chance to try and nurse the plant back to life.

so basically im just looking for input into what ive stated already and any advice if you live in the new england area and you've grown outdoors so far, is my time-table right? should i plant earlier/later? when should i leave them alone? etc. etc. and just any overall general tips

(p.s. also, on a sidenote, i really havent been able to find a guide that tells me how often and how much to water them so if anyone could provide me with some rough info on that it would be much appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read my long ass post!!!)

2. i was thinking of picking up some seeds in about 2 weeks(will they stay good until mid/late may? i think they will but if not please let me know), Late May to start seeds IS TO LATE,you'd have to finish your crop indoors,you would not have enough time,I recommend you start your seeds indoors not later then the first of March!im gunna try and get a strain that has a short flowering time... which would mean id be looking for primarily an indica strain(unless i got them switched Second ummm you DO NOT want your plant to flower thats a male and it will never BUD! totally diffrent things,read up on this.i was gunna germ them in mid-late may, let them grow a bit inside and then transplant them(into pre-dug holes, and im gunna put good soil and etc. etc. ) around mid-june you will want to keep your 'babies' indoors untill may..then put them outside in 'ColdHouses' this are a true gem to have and very cheap to make! in june plant them in the ground. around mid-june, which should put me in the range of a very late to early/mid september harvest time correct? This totally depends on the strain you have!and also id be away for a month sometime during my grow... which would be the best time to do that? (im goin on a trip in the summer)Ummm sorry to break this to ya..but it will have to be one or the other! either take your trip..or stay home and grow your pot,sorry dear but you can't just leave your outdoor crop for a month and expect it to take care of it's self,there's prunning and pinching,and feeding lots of work to do!(p.s. also, on a sidenote, i really havent been able to find a guide that tells me how often and how much to water them so if anyone could provide me with some rough infoHow much you water your pot plants depends on each individual plant there's no book or special guide for this sorry...

Hope this helped,
    Vancouver Island Witch:wave:

3. HIGH All, right on another Islander..Welcome to The City VanIslandWitch..some great advice...which I do Also when growing outside.