Rachel Maddow is a Partisan Hack

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Talk about contributing nothing of value.

2. This is so quote worthy.

So you DO hate Democrats?

I don't hate anyone who doesn't agree with me, but I pity you.

I know your biased and proud and all but if you're gonna push such a hardcore partisan agenda the LEAST you could do is be a little more like aaronman and discuss the WHOLE truth instead of what's wrong with the rest of the MSM besides Fox News.

3. This is boring, but its you who said I hate Democrats. I only asked why your posts that are anti-Republican and different than mine? I don't expect you to answer though and continue with your childish antics. I'll let you continue discrediting yourself with every post.

4. i smoke weed.

how are people a determent? because they disagree with the president, and his media?

that's a really shitty thing to say will..

do you smoke weed?

5. Discussion? There's no discussion here. This is an argument over YOUR opinion. This isn't a discussion, there's no discussion with you. It's your way or the highway.

EDIT: Also if I contribute NOTHING to the board, how the hell did I get hired as a moderator? The people who own the board must think that I contribute SOMETHING hunh?

6. That's because of you and other trolls derailing discussion off the topic by making it personal. Which is what you all do in every thread thats not an anti-Fox News/GOP circle jerk. I cant believe you're a mod. How did that happen?

7. Thanks for putting words in my mouth AW - I'm disappointed in you as well.

What I meant was that when we have certain members who cause other members to react by saying that they hate each other, we've got a problem. The opinions of a FEW people here are very well known, and that all these people do is spent their time on the board pushing their very well known and contentious agenda IS a detriment in my opinion.

People stay away from the politics section now because they feel that if they voice even the smallest of real opinion they're going to be belittled, disrespected and flamed to death for it.

AND THAT IS A PROBLEM.

You're free to have opinions. You're free to voice them. But you can't go about slamming everyone else who doesn't share your opinion as loudly as SOME PEOPLE HERE SEEM TO THINK IS NECESSARY.

The detriment isn't that they disagree with me, the detriment is that they disagree with EVERYONE who doesn't share their opinion and they don't do it respectfully or constructively. And they drive people away.

8. #28 CREAM, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011
    You insult me right back with an air of elitism, because you are above the negativity. Your provocative behavior disgusts me. About par for the course. Getting laid tonight, don't worry.

Sorry rest of thread, I need to get out of the way of proving that Rachel Maddow is in fact a partisan hack. I apologize for derailing the thread like I did--it was not my original intent when I replied back to aaronman on pg 1 explaining myself.

9. Gentlemen please, let's get back to the topic at hand. This thread's suddenly become a little personal. I'm a Liberal & a fan of Rachel Maddow, do I agree with everthing she say's no, but like all media personalities she plays to an audience same as Beck, O'Reilly and so on. And yes, Bill Maher said, "I know you hate Republicans as much as I do."

10. This thread was bound for self-destruction anyway.

Wherever there's a discussion that puts the left-wing in a bad (or good) light, a certain somebody is bound to crash the party with insults and troll-droppings.

I bet all my rep bars that he can't even go a week without pointing out the mechanics of blatant media bias.

11. That's a sucker bet. Grumble grumble, raison d'etre, grumble, grumble...

12. #32 Norma Stits, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
    i disagree..

if someone voices an intelligent opinion and a good discussion, then they don't get "belittled" as you put it.
    if the come on and post opinion as fact, with no evidence to back it up.. then yeah some of the smarter more informed blades are gonna tear them up.

what do you think a politics section should be? Read the title of the forum it says "we all disagree on something" this forum was setup for us to all disagree with each other..

the only people who get disrespected are the politicians themselves.. if blades get disrespected, then they get reported and the mods handle it... every single time.
    If people can't deal with their beloved team being disrespected by showing a little truth about them, then they shouldn't read these threads..

i mean look how the actual politicians debate and treat each other.. it's passionate shit.. and people feel strongly about their beliefs.

and man.. you want to talk about belittling? You should read through your post history a little..

why should he have to go a week without posting how he feels?
    if no one replies.. then he'll stop posting i'm sure.

13. Spirited debated is one thing - what's going on in this forum these days is quite another. Honestly, most message boards that I've been on don't even have politics forums because they get so contentious and people are passionate about their beliefs.

But the problem is, and here's where I know we don't see eye-to-eye, valid opinions ARE getting shot down, people are not willing to post because they're afraid, and that's bringing the vibe down and the section down.

Everyone has their own agenda, that's got to be a stipulation, but when that agenda has nothing to do with the community at large and is in fact fairly opposite, you have to wonder what motives exist?

Which is what I said in the first place.

14. Maybe its just me and I'm not saying this to put you down, but nothing you're saying makes any sense.

15. He shouldn't, you're right. I just think it's funny.

16. #36 aaronman, Apr 16, 2011

I wasn't referring to you specifically, sorry, I didn't mean for it to be a crucifixion... I don't think of you like that.

I just don't see you or more specifically goodgirl defending an ad hominem attack on Beck or one of the crazier media people. Maddow is a female gay so there is some political correctness to suggest why people defend her from looking like a young boy.

I make fun of lots of people and apologize for some people because of my bias, so I think I was just projecting. :smoking:

I can't really respect someone who I think is manipulating information for their own ends.

I don't think anybody that makes fun of the way she looks is trying to make an intellectual statement, it's a joke. Jon Stewart made fun of Beck's outfit and glasses in his tribute episode... :confused_2:

It's more truthy than someone in media like Maddow... I can be proven wrong and make ideological compromises. I like hearing new justifications for the things I disagree with.

I think what you're referring to is when noobs come in here not knowing people are actually educated and passionate about politics, and start spitting pathetic platitudes they picked up from their parents or media... and they get ripped to shreds, as they should.

If someone comes in here and admits they don't know everything and humbly talk about what their opinion is they will do fine. If someone comes in here and is intelligent and can back up their shit, they will do fine too.

I just don't think the politics section can ever be dumbed down enough for some, even if you take away neg rep, add moderators and make new rules... Ignorant people just don't fare well here, sorry! :wave:

I know my time here is somewhat worth it when I get comments like these:
    "My account is deceiving as to the amount of time I've spent on this forum, I'd like to thank you for posting so many insightful comments in the political forum over the years. I personally have learned a lot from you alone, I'd rep you if I had any to give. Keep it up man!"

17. Look I see what your point is, and I'll admit, I don't spend much time criticizing the left wing so to some it may come across that I blindly believe in their agenda. Nor would I be the first one to jump in and say "GUYS STOP PICKIN ON GLENN!"

On the other hand, I know I've made comments in threads to the effect of: O'Reilly is annoying, but there are talking heads from all over the spectrum just like him, they are just close-minded about their 'liberal' viewpoints.

I don't even really find the idea of ad hominem against Rachel Maddow repulsive, it was the homophobic undertone that grossed me out. Intended or not, it came across to me and other posters like that.

18. #38 Arteezy, Apr 16, 2011
    Everyone's opinion is valid to themselves (in some way).

On topic: Maddow is good for some lulz once in awhile. I would think that anyone who is paying attention is aware that she is a partisan hack. I'm not trying to demean the thread, it's just that I would be literally surprised to see someone come in here and defend her given the ridiculous segments she's performed. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time this forum has surprised me.

Furthermore, I'm of the belief that we should condense these media bias threads into one mega media bias thread (or even create a sub-forum for it if that is possible). I think that it would be more conducive to discussions about the issue instead of creating a new thread every time a talking head says something stupid.

Also, I thought I should note that ad hominems aren't always fallacious.

19. Making fun of people that happen to be gay = Homophobic. :rolleyes:

Much worse has been said about Palin and the gang without any of this outrage for you guys. Just admit you're as partisan and political as the next guy and carry on. Stop trying to be better than everyone else.

20. Maddow has an agenda but I feel that she used to treat the Ron Paul rEVOLution with respect. Ever since this interview with Rand Paul I've lost all respect for her

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3O2rBz9gwo]YouTube - RACHEL MADDOW V RAND PAUL - (This Is Awesome!) PART 1[/ame]

And wtf is up with everyone getting their panties in a knot of Aaronman criticizing her boyish style? :confused_2:

I swear society is becoming so PC anymore i feel like I get looks for playing some PAC in my ride and the word ***** is used. Damn the PC police