Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoner Vs. Pothead

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DivineFlame, Apr 14, 2011.

1. I feel that these two labels have different meanings. A pothead to me is some punk kid who parties and is crazy and only smokes to impress his friends and thinks it is cool. A stoner is more laid back and smokes to enjoy him/her self and is appreciative of everything given.
    :smoke:

2. That's how I feel to, I'd much rather be labeled a stoner then a pot head. Pot head feels negative to me. But iv meet people that are proud to be pot heads. So to each their own?

3. hell yeah man, this is how i see it too.

4. Descent topic OP. It's kind of splitting hairs, although I too would rather have the stoner tag. Pot head just sounds noob and reckless.

Kind of like a lot of straight edge people would refer to all of us as dopers which almost all of us would refer to hard drug users. Alaska is right, to each his own.

5. I like to be called a "weed head"

6. I jus call myself a patient hahahahaha

7. A pot head gives me the visual of a loser who does nothing but sits around and smoked pot all day. They're probably really lazy and they spend all their money on pot.

A stoner is simply someone who smokes pot. On the outside they look like a normal person save the stoner apparel they might have on, BUT they are a pot smoker.

But they're the same thing. It just matters in which context it's used. (usually "pothead" is used in a negative context)

8. you know a stoner when you see one

pot heads could be anyone

9. Technically, we are dopers. Dope is an illicit drug, which cannabis is indeed.

But I'd much rather be called a stoner, just because pot head has such a negative connotation to it. Only people who have no idea what they're talking about call people potheads. But to me, a pothead is someone whose ONLY priority is to smoke weed and they do nothing else. I'll admit, I have my 'pothead' moments though :smoke:

10. anything with -head at the end of it is meant in a negative connotation. pothead is to pot as poophead is to poop. just kidding, bad analogy. but seriously a pothead is just a negative way to refer to someone who smokes a lot of weed. calling them a stoner is friendlier, i guess?

personally, i'd rather be called by my fucking name because i'm just a guy who smokes a lot of weed and i don't want any silly high school-esque labels.

11. I feel the same damn way.

12. #12 StoneBuddha, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011

Perhaps it is because the word "pot" is generally used by ignorant people who usually have something bad to say about it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying all people who call it pot are ignorant, it's just that is what the older generation call it, and the older generation tend to be the most ignorant.

There are those cool old dudes who still blow trees though :)

13. #13 Crispy21, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    U took the words right out my mouth lol

14. I think both of these terms have negative connotations. How about we just don't label ourselves?:rolleyes:

15. Only potheads can(should) call other potheads potheads

16. I chill with a couple of stoners, pot heads are alright, grass heads rub me the wrong all the time though, I can dig marijuana smokers, I love bunners, but if your doper then don't come anywhere near me!

17. I just think pothead is an archaic term. I don't ever use the word pot anymore unless i'm being sarcastic. The older stoners still use the word, though.

18. Stoner is a wider category because stoners don't necessarily just smoke pot but like to party and do other drugs. Pot heads just like to sit around smoking pot. I've been called both a stoner and a pothead.

19. Similar to Geek Vs Nerd...Geeks serve a purpose (ex: Computer Geek, A/V Geek etc) Nerds are just book smart pencil pushers (ex: teacher's pet).

Edit: Should have made this a poll question. As to what people prefer.

20. Both terms mean the same thing, just originating from different decades. Neither is complimentary.

Simon