Popc0rn's first PC grow!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by popc0rn, Apr 12, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

The current setup. I still need another little adapter for the 4th CFL but this is how she sits as of now.

Not resized..

2. Looks pretty legit man. Only thing I can see wrong is the clear pots you gotta watch out for that because when they are root-bound , the roots don't like light so you should get some duck tape or paint or something and cover the pots

3. Im gonna switch the pots pretty soon anyways. I have some bigger pots to switch them into, I'm just waiting until like day 10.

4. Sweet.......Subbed

5. I've never done Scrog but I've read quite a bit and people usually don't put the screen in till 1 week before or right when they switch to 12/12. just LST and top during veg. only the bud tops are supposed to come threw the screen. the screen is so all the bud tops get light. if you added during veg the branches would just grow threw it and the screen would end up somewhere in the middle of your plant and you would have huge fan leaves growing above it. its only supposed to be the bud tops growing threw. oh yeah I don't know if you already are but PH testing and adjusting is very important for fast plant growth. yes your plants will grow but not as fast as they should or can.

6. Day 4:
    [​IMG]

Heres both of them, the one on the left still isn't doing well. This picture was earlier in the day, though. I wrapped the one on the right's cup in electrical tape. I'm not going to worry about the small one, I'm gonna wait until my seeds come in and replace it with a First Girl ;)

Here's a close up of the one that's actually doing okay.
    [​IMG]

7. MINI UPDATE:

Dumped the small plant, all I have now is the larger plant until I get the first girl seeds.
    I also added 1 more 23w 6500k CFL to the equation. This little puppy should be good ;)

8. #28 popc0rn, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011
    Day 5:
    I'm pretty embarrassed to say that I probably killed my plant. D:

I tried transferring it into a bigger pot, the soil around the roots caved in, and I ended up pretty much just moving the plant itself. I may have messed it up, but oh well. There's always round 2.

I added so much in this update that I couldn't even express it in pictures. I made a quick video for you guys ;)

Just so you know..
    -There are now 4 6500k CFL's
    -Added thermometer, if the box gets too hot I will take out the 4th CFL.
    -Moved the plant from the cup to a bigger pot! ;)
    -ADDED SECURITY LOCK. Just in case someone does find my box.. :D

Excuse the shitty video, I'm high as fuck ;)

Here's a link to my update.

9. I like to give the plants a nice watering about a hour before I try to transplant so the soil is all wet and sticking together so when you transplant the soil does not break apart.

10. That's what I should have done, honestly. I messed up, though.
    Also, after a few bong rips, I realized my plant has some burn on her?
    [​IMG]
    a little blurry but you can see the whole leaf

[​IMG]
    ignore the dirt on her, but look at the little rip on the side. It almost looks like insect damage? and I do have a few small gnats in my soil. is this the problem?

11. could be insect damage. I have a intake tube and I use a panty hose over it to prevent bugs from entering.

12. Ohh yeah man I had these tiny lil white bugs on one of my plants before.
    Sweet set up those fans are awesome how much is one of those set-ups do you know?

13. My fans actually suck, lol. I have 94 degrees usually. Thinking about adding additional cooling somewhere, no idea where yet, though.

14. Day 7:

Redid the box pretty much. Added 2 more fans and another CFL. I figured I would need it to keep it lit up nicely and keep cool at the same time..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here (s)he is! Still too early to sex it, but I'm praying she's a female.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll update it again tomorrow, for sure. Hopefully the CFL/fan combo will do me good. I had 4 CFL's in there once but the box was ~120 degrees. I dropped back down to 2 and she's still doing okay. When she gets bigger I'll add more lighting.

15. Day 9:

Missed a few days here, oh well.

HUGE growth in these past few days. Especially yesterday ;)
    I added the SCROG today, decided well, why not. Was it too early to add the SCROG?

Anyways, here's a wall of pictures.

I can't tell if it's early enough to sex it, yet. If you can tell, let me know.

[​IMG]
    Fresh watering, can you tell the sex yet?

[​IMG]
    Side shot

[​IMG]
    The leaves are a little heavy because of the water, I dried them off and they're good now ;)

[​IMG]
    SCROG in place ;D
    I can already tell it's working because it has already added another layer of leaves in just 7 hrs. Incredible.

16. Damn you! it's doing better then my grow.
    Cannot believe you get leaves growing in just 7 hours man! That's insane.

17. subscribed nise thread OP

18. Thanks, Baze. Yeah, she's already bigger than the last update hahah. I'm callin it a girl in a hopeful manner ;P

I got my good seeds, btw. Started germinating one of them, I don't know what I should do with this baby while the new plant is starting? Should I just take out the scrog and let the new one veg for a week, then add scrog for both of them? Hmmm.

19. subbed, this is similar to a grow i will be starting soon, after i get everything together :)

20. Sorry I haven't posted any images in a while, I can't find my damn camera, lol. Anyways, I got my First Girl seeds in, started one of them. I also got rid of the Scrog. I will just start them both on Scrog at the same time, the First Girl is about 2 weeks behind in vegging, but it's also a faster flowering plant. I plan on just starting the flower as soon as the First Girl seems ready. I will probably LST the bagseed plant until then..