Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rubbing Alcohol & Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Saca La, Apr 10, 2011.

1. yep :hello:

i've found when making qwiso i dont like to leave it in the alcohol longer that like 20 mins... but i agitate the fuck out of it... swirl left, swirl right, shake once, shake twice, repeat :)

2. That.

3. The problem with "That." is that its bullshit.
    What country is that from?

4. good ole USA...

schedule fucking one. like heroin.

5. I thought they rescheduled it in the USA recently?

6. Sounds like a load of snake oil to me. Psuedo-science, bro.

7. ....

brb

8. Its called tincture smart ones. And to op your really late. Can't believe your just figuring out weed is medicine.

9. Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a look at that.

The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
    The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions. Abuse of the drug or other substances may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence

10. It means that the post that its been delivered to to get to you is preparing it to be taken into the mail truck to dispatch.

11. we can be hopeful..but still sched 1 here in the states.

back to the point, i dont doubt that this works, and can see how its better than smoking in situations where there is pain in a single location, but personally, i would rather just smoke. maybe next time i pull a muscle :)

12. Indeed. Hopefully someday.

So glad it's under ll here. The government over there is fucking retarted.

I kind of feel like testing out this method. I'll report back.

13. alcohol KILLS thc
    for thc to even be relseased the weed has to be heated to a certain temp or combust
    idk how this could work:confused:

14. completely incorrect.

Thc is soluble in alcohol. When you make qwiso hash you shake your bud in iso alcohol and the thc is absorbed into it, then you evaporate the alcohol and you are left with highly concentrated thc.

Heat only speeds up the process of the release of thc, example, when you make edibles with cannabutter, you heat the weed with the butter and absord the thc out of it, it would still work if you didn't (like firecrackers without cooking, still works just takes longer)When you cook the weed in the fire crackers the release process is sped up and you can get potent edibles in 20 mins.

If the advice your giving isn't true, please don't spread it around, we don't need more misinformation.

15. Ignorance KILLS truth.

16. when i was in 9th grade my mom found my stash and she put it all in a bottle of rubbing alcohol, i was sad and pissed that she did that, but hey what could i do? now a few years later i bring her leaves off of my friends plant and she does the same thing to them. ive never tried it, id rather just smoke it. so im guessing it works???

17. #37 farmer.juan, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    My grandmother (RIP) use to use it para las reumas

18. Why waste weed? Use a cotton ball.....

19. #39 BadKittySmiles, Apr 11, 2011
    -Topical Pain & Circulation Gel-

Cannabis can be a wonderful topical medication. When used properly, it's a great way to ease localized pain and discomfort, without feeling overwhelmingly 'stoned'. The below is a fresh mix (the L-Arginine continues to break down and rapidly goes clear once it has been allowed to sit, while the hash tincture is added only once it is complete and bioavailable). The hash is concentrated near the top portion of the bottle, this is done for several reasons, as it allows the patient a more versatile use of the meds.
    The patient can choose to either blend the mix, and have a consistent level of medication throughout the gel, or they can choose to use it in a cycle, starting with stronger doses when the pain is at its highest, and tapering off to become more of a circulatory aid, as the ailment either heals (accidental injury), and regularly altering the ratios used to medicate for pain can help to prevent the buildup of a tolerance (long-term or chronic pain).

Topical cannabis is great for muscles, as well as even bone and joint pain.. very good for tired, aching wrists, ankles, and knees. And while you should feel the effects almost immediately, the benefits are even more noticeable after you've used it regularly over the course of a few days.

I prefer avoiding strong alcohols such as rubbing alcohol, in some cases (where it can potentially cause people to 'tense up' upon the initial contact) it detracts from the medicinal effect of the cannabis. It's also a way snake-oil salesmen would sell topical ointments, which were more reliant on the alcohol as a 'treatment', than the extract. Glycerin penetrates the skin very well, but even grapeseed, olive and coconut oils can be infused and used topically with good effect.

[​IMG]

Excerpt from the thread...

20. #40 Nuts Eno, Apr 11, 2011
    I say this with all the respect in the world as no one on this site displays the level of knowledge and expertise that you do in all your posts:

I love you.

I'm just saying....