We Are Young

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MyAddictionToMe, Apr 8, 2011.

1. I always see my life as a dramatic movie when I'm high. Idk.

2. Earlier Today~
    The playground is nearly empty, except for a few young children and the teenager with trouble written on her forehead. She rocks back in forth on her swing. Bright sunlight makes her dark apparel that much more shocking. She is a vision I'm black, chains dangling. Studs glinting. She lifts her bloodshot eyes to the sky and watches the clouds shift. It's cold despite the blinding sun, and she hugs herself and pushes the swing a bit faster. Sensing someones presence, Anna looks up to see fellow burnouts Chris and Andrew walking toward's her. Reluctantly, she pulls out one ear bud, filling the air with the thrash that is punk. Anna doesn't know either one of them that well, she is in fact, quiet intimidated by their legendary status. Hello's and such were exchanged and Andrew says 'So what are you up to?'. Anna concentrates and after a minute says "Jus' chilln "
    Chris and Andrew grin and nod at Anna with ' Hell, she's lifted ' sorta faces. Anna zones out and focuses on the ground barley paying attention to Andrew and Chris's conversation about who the other would like to fuck or something. They share some shitty cigarette with her and give her a free one. Anna says close to nothing and before long she is alone again. She sighs and takes off her jacket, despite the chilly wind. Soon she is swinging like she hasn't done since grade school and flying in a both physical and mental way. He eyes are closed and music pounds in her ear. And then when she's as high as she's going to get, she opens her eyes. The sky is huge. Endless. She loves this. She loves how beautiful the ugly world has become. She loves how important everything seems. She loves how thankful she feels. She loves the sun, the wind and the chilling cold. She is young. Onlookers see a gothic kind of girl, quiet honestly making a fool out of her self. But in this moment, she has recaptured the innocence she once knew. She has remembered a part of herself she'd thought she lost. She is freer now then she has ever been. Anna started smoking in seventh grade. Her first time meeting Miss Mary, she fell in love. Anna is the kind of girl who overthinks. Over analyzes and over-cares. That's why she loves the bud. She loves the way her thoughts are so disconnected and slow. The way everything makes sense and she doesn't feel the need to know why. Anna smiles at the sky, simply for the sake of smiling. She is young and free and strong. She could take the world for her own. Anna smiles.

3. That was a good read I enjoyed it :) I love those moments that happen that just feel so good and put everything back into perspective. I used to think of my life as a movie too and still do sometimes but I try not too just because in my opinion life isnt as dramatic as we make it ;)

4. Part 2...

...The Killing Spree

5. This speaks.
    I don't like listening to thrash while I'm high though. I like quiet, calming stuff.
    Like Justin Bieber.

6. Really cool, I enjoyed reading.

give us more

7. #7 MyAddictionToMe, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lol, yea, I was listening to The Dead Kennedy's to try and wake myself up. I was supposed to be home in like twenty minutes. thanks for commenting!

8. Whenever I'm really high and have headphones on in a car, I'll look out of the window all dramatic and think "damn, my life is a fucking movie"

9. #9 MyAddictionToMe, Apr 9, 2011
    Hell yes! And it always inspired me! More coming your way peoples!

10. White Witch
    "Now bombs and tanks and riot gas
    Can't keep you from smokin' grass
    Now listen to me brother and I'll tell you true
    Marijuana is good for you"

It's early. The sky is still grey, the neighborhood still quiet. Anna walks the street to her bus stop. She listens to her current obsession, Hollywood Undead. She smokes her last cigarette looking for all the world like she could give a fuck who sees. But secretly she glances over her shoulder, checking for her moms boyfriend. She is a coward at heart. She walks past the house where her ex-best friend lives, half hoping he's there. Half hoping he'll shoot out the door, begging for forgiveness. He doesn't. Besides, last she heard he'd runaway. She tear's her gaze away from the house and ignores the pang of worry in her heart. He'll be fine, she lies to herself. Before Casey turned into a dropout, he was Anna's partner in crime. He was funny and sweet and irritating as hell. He was the one who introduced her to the green eyed lady. They were so close, like siblings. But he had problems she couldn't help him with. He had trouble accepting him self and he hurt others around him trying to deny who he was. She stopped talking to him and they grew apart. The heavy thoughts seem to lift after the house is past. She arrives at school early. She is immediately ambushed by Parker, Kristy and Elle. "Come on!" Elle smiles. "Where are we going?" Anna asks. "Where do you think?" Parker laughs. Anna and friends make their way behind the school, behind the tennis courts and finally, to the church. Going to church has a different meaning for them then others. They smoke bowl after bowl. Finally some body looks at the time and the last bowl is loaded. Just then, Alice and Holly show up, bearing gifts. Anna gladly accepts a ganja brownie. Anna smiles at her little family. She loves them. She can't get over how chill these people are. She stands in the background watching her friends and appreciating them. The sun shines on the girls faces. Everyone is smiling and talking. When the bowl is nothin but ass, they pack up and walk back to school. The same feeling of lightness and simple happiness takes over on the walk back. Anna forgets her friends and focuses on trying to remember what ever she was trying to remember. Fuck that, she thinks, I can't remember. Math is a drag. Anna sits in the back row with her handy dandy ipod and can't convince herself that everyone around her isn't saying her name. At lunch she and Parker walk to McDonalds and manage to bum a couple cigarettes. Parker and Anna have a great smoking relationship. When they toke together they feel connected. They understand each other so well it's scary. Parker is a new-ish smoker and only began last year. Her tolerance is pretty low and it entertains Anna to no end. They come in to Global Literature laughing. Late. Reeking of Camel 99's and Blueberry Kush. Of course, the class is used to this and gets over it quickly. Anna concentrates on looking at her book. Key word, looking. Not reading. That's way too much to handle. When Mr. Grant is across the room Matt whispers, " Damn Anna, are you baked? " She purposely ignores him. "When is she not?" Eddie says from behind. This time Anna turns around and glares at him. " You should really get some Visene (eye drops)" Simon says in a serious voice. Anna let's that register and after a minute says, " But I don't have allergies..."
    Yeah. Clever.
    The rest of the class is spent watching a video Anna forgets the topic of as soon as the lights go on. Fourth Period is fun because Mr. B knows. Well, everyone knows, but Mr. B is the only teacher who is chill about stoners. Unless you distract the class, he couldn't give a shit.
    When school is out Anna takes the bus home and stops at the local elementary school to calm down and gather herself before she goes home. Anna sits in the grass and sunshine making daisy chains. She remembers when she used to go to this school and half wishes she was that young and innocent again. She feels like shes done this same thing a thousand times before. She feels like nothing stays the same and this makes her sad. Suddenly the rain starts. She stands quickly cursing Oregon weather. She throws her back pack under the play structure and almost ducks into the dry area before she gets a better idea. Anna walks out to the middle of the soccer field, rain soaks her. She laughs at how stupid she's being and she doesn't care. She lays in the grass and faces the sky. She closes her eyes and breathes in deeply. The smell of just cut grass smothers her. Let it rain, She thinks dramatically. Let it fucking rain.

11. were Are young.
    heartache to heartache we stand. no promises or demands.

12. #12 MyAddictionToMe, Apr 9, 2011
    :/ not exactly the response I was looking for, but hey, whatever floats your boat man.

13. sorry. obviously im baked and that's what i was reminded of when i saw ur title.
    good read tho, u have some skill for sure.

14. :) lol, yea... Maybe that title was misleading....

15. .............fap fap fap fap :d

16. That's what I thought this thread was a link to, originally. I wouldn't mind that. It's...

I wouldn't mind it at all.

17. #17 MyAddictionToMe, Apr 9, 2011
    I'm going to take that as a compliment... A sick and unnecessary compliment...

18. when im high everything i see is over dramatic like a movie it cracks me up

19. i'm younger than you are

in fact it literally defines me.

well, not really. but as far as the government is concerned...