Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Coconut Oil substitute for THC caps

• Please log in to reply

r4di4ti0n

r4di4ti0n

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Coconut is the most commonly used medium to soak up all you THC for caps. this is because it is solid at room temp thus increases the shelf life of your your pills.

I was wondering if butter could be used as a substitute? Does it soak up THC as efficiently? Would it degrade gelatin capsules?

Any help is appretiated :D

Khalib

Khalib

Oaksterdam USA

• Registered Upgraded
  • 226 posts
Coconut oil is really easy to get and pretty cheap. Butter will absorb the THC but in terms of using it in caps, I would assume it would eat through the caps or more people would recommend butter use. Badkittysmiles has a pretty bad ass thread about edibles that you could learn all kinds of info from. Check it out. its a sticky

iAMdela

iAMdela

dirtynastygrimy wovv wovv

• Registered Upgraded
  • 542 posts
coconut oil is used because it's the best. at room temperature, it is a solid and will not eat through gel capsules for months

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

r4di4ti0n

r4di4ti0n

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Wow thanks a lot guys! And BadKitty I've read through all of your tutorials multiple times and they were fantastic. Extreamly easy to follow and and very well presented! So thanks alot! :)

Another question I have pertaining to lecithin. I'm fully aware of how it works to help your body absorb more THC but I'm curious as to the ideal oil/lecithin ratio (assuming all the THC is absorbed from mid quality buds) the reason I'm asking is because I'm brainstorming a mass production style cap method and it would be awesome if I had an ideal ratio from the master himself! I'm looking for something like for every half cup of THC coconut oil add X amount of lecithin. X being the ideal amount for maximum absortion of THC.

A third question I have pertains to powdered buds. I need to know if I have one gram of powdered bud how much coconut oil should I add or mabey even for every quarter cup of powdered bud add x amount of coconut oil.

Once again any help is appretiated! :)

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

Edited by BadKittySmiles, 08 April 2011 - 05:50 PM.

r4di4ti0n

r4di4ti0n

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
That helped at ton!! You answered all my question plus some but, now I have more question. What technique would you reccommend for making the hash/concentrate? As I would prefer to keep the pocess as simple and streamline as possible. My previous plan was just to the powder the buds and leave the powder right in the oil when I fill the caps.

Dylovell

Dylovell

BigD

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
BadKitty, Do those smell at all?

ErrorFlow

ErrorFlow

Perforation + Percolation

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip