U.S. Government Shutdown.. Why exactly?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AlexanderTheGr8, Apr 8, 2011.

1. In my opinion if you and your partner can't afford your own birth control pills and condoms, you're not mature enough to be having sex in the first place.

What the government should do? (if anything) Instead of funding their own clinics and staffing them full time, they should give subsidies/tax breaks to doctors who are willing to treat underprivileged women.

Should the taxpayers be paying for low income families to have sex?

2. Slippery slope huh?

The money thing I think is misdirected. No one likes the Federal Government stealing money from them. They especially don't like it if it is going towards things that they absolutely disagree with (which are numerous when the Government is spending your money).

The other stuff you mention can be summed up with a few words: Personal Responsibility and Morality.

Personal responsibility to not fuck. Also to be prepared if there are some unintended consequences to YOUR actions.

Morality to not think it's okay to kill your baby, whether it's born or unborn. Hell, pick some arbitrary number. I'm sure a lot of parents would like to murder their children up to the legal age of 18.

"I" don't think it should be the Federal Governments job to be involved in any of it. Perhaps up to each state and its people. But please, all I see is you making excuses for knuckle draggers and everyone else has to pick up the check.

And really, those types of organizations can exist in a private market...especially if there are such dire consequences as you claim. People can be quite charitable, especially when their income isn't stolen from them through taxation.

3. Yes, Democrats and Republicans are both awful. You had partisan hacks defending Bush's mess and now you have partisan Obamabots defending his awfulness.

GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

4. Really??? So that means that the administrations before Bush had an effect on his presidency? Man, I wonder why nobody ever hears about that.

The financial conundrum we're in right now is a result of mainly democratic legislation, there's no getting around it.

Forcing banks to give risky loans to underprivileged families (done during the clinton administration) was the main contributor to the housing crisis.

Funding programs (that supposedly have good intentions) with money that WE DON'T HAVE is exacerbating the problem, as well as being it's root cause. Again, with predominantly democratic backing.

I'm not a republican btw, just a realist.

5. Surely we can find other ways to get them their $400 to abort their baby.

6. NObama is RETARD

7. lol political debates are hilarious.

When will people figure out that "democrats" and "republicans" are just a front to keep the people busy.

If you knew what really went on behind the scenes and why these things are happening you might be thinking of something a little different than..." :mad: fuck the republicans :mad:".

8. Honestly, I think every abortion paid for or subsidized by the government should come with a free tube tying.

If you want to murder your first born (or I guess you'd say first "unborn") with other people's money, I personally think you should lose the privilege to carry children.

Edit: But yeah enough about abortions, let's stay on topic :)

9. Wow...:eek:

Guessing by your posts that you have not got laid yet...

You should try it...

You might then begin to understand that sometimes you lose your common sense with your inhibitions...;)

10. No, I just believe that if I lose my common sense and get lost in the moment, then I should be the one to fork up the dough the next morning to buy the plan B.

Not the rest of America.

Who do you think should be responsible?

11. Well if we were to look at it from a financial perspective i would say that the measly $400 is well spent...
    How much would a kid born to a financially insecure woman indend up costing the taxpayer ?

Sometimes your dick or pussy get the better of you and shit happens...
    Not everybody is perfect and can live their life by a strict code... We all make mistakes...

12. "It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -Murray N. Rothbard

13. Mmkay, and where are you going to buy that plan B? Maybe a family planning clinic? Perhaps Planned Parenthood? Good God the irony...

Jesus H. Christ why is military spending ("defense" is a bullshit misnomer by the way) not the first thing congress goes to? Could Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid use some reform? Yes. But these programs at least go to assist US citizens! Can someone explain how the war in Afghanistan has assisted citizens? Iraq? How about our military bases in allied countries?

But no, forget that shit. Let's instead argue back and forth about whether or not the fact that Planned Parenthood provides, in addition to health checkups, cancer screenings, sex education, contraceptives, etc., abortions as well. Way to go America! This country is fucking insane! :mad:

14. Why do those businesses need to steal money from taxpayers? Can't they survive on their own in a free-market? I'd bet the answer is yes.

BUT, they are just as bad as any other group lobbying government to put collectivism over individualism.

Planned Parenthood spent more than $1 million electing Democrats last cycle

Schumer: Senate Will ‘Never, Never, Never' Defund Planned Parenthood

Well no shit! They both equally benefit (democrats and planned parenthood) thanks to Crony Capitalism. Just like anyone else with a cozy government relationship.

I don't think anyone will argue that Afghanistan, Iraq and our military interventionism isn't a waste of money and resources. But you were the one who didn't have a problem wasting money in Libya. So where is your consistency? How can you favor waste of resources and money sometimes (whether it be Planned Parenthood or Libya) and NOT other times? It's like...a logic failure.

I think you need to invest more effort into pursuing Liberty and less into Statism.

:smoke:

15. nose-face issue it seems...save 400 so it cost you millions later...

'do as we say not as we do' comes to mind...

• priest tell catholics its bad to use contraceptives yet molest little boys...
    • wealthy politicians tell men to keep their dick in their pants, then have affairs, homo relations, pay for abortions before their wives find out...
    • bible thumping women tell others abortion is murder, yet refuse to adopt the children, leaving the kids to suffer and possibly to die an early age...
    I'd prefer to spend 400 in tax $ on an abortion then 400 to pay a merc to kill people in my name (blackwater ring a bell?).

save an unborn, while killing thousands of people over oil and mineral footholds...

pull back the military, save trillions, or cut those PP-healthcare services and spend more than ever in 9 months time...:confused:

16. Can a family planning clinic survive in the free market? Sure. But not in the market that needs the services most - that of low-income individuals. I've actually studied planned parenthood in a class I'm taking at the Social Work school at my university; they put forth a lot of effort to be as self-sufficient as possible. They fund-raise like hell, actively seek assistance from foundations and other grant-providing organizations, and they even commercialize their services (charge service fees) on sliding scales so as to not turn away a person based on their inability to pay.

Government assistance helps them work in areas where, despite the local populace's need for these services, there's just not enough money to sustain a business like that. I don't think it's valid to say that simply because an organization cannot sustain itself in a certain environment that the services it provides are not absolutely vital to that population.

Everyone has their ideologies; our involvement in Libya followed mine, I admit. I wouldn't call it a waste of resources, though, but again, just my ideology on the subject. However, I'd gladly give up our involvement in Libya if it meant that low-income women in the US were able to receive the health services they need at a price they can afford.

17. Partisan nonsense. I get it. At least you're honest! :)

18. planned parenthood

19. Honestly, don't but up the front of being open to having a discussion if all you want to do is be "witty" :)rolleyes:) and jerk yourself off over it.

The free market is not without its market failures! Taken an introductory economics course before?

20. If people can't be responsible and keep it in their pants if they can't afford a fucking birth control pill, they shouldn't be having sex in the first place.

And if they do, they should be the ones to suffer for their mistake, not everyone else.

People shouldn't be able to "make a living" off of working people's taxes popping out babies and living in government housing with 5-6 children sleeping in one room.

I'm sorry but if you can't take care of your own fucking self, you should not have the option of bringing more people you can't take care of into the world.

No, I would buy it at CVS in the PRIVATE SECTOR.

Planned parent hood clinics aren't the only places that sell contraceptives, in case you didn't know?

This is why I wanted us to move on from the fucking abortion topic, talk about a no-win argument.