Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

How to pack and hit a perfect bowl

• Please log in to reply

jik2

jik2

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
This thread is dedicated to the delicate art of packing a perfect bowl. I will include several tips and instructions, and please, feel free to add to my advice. I am always looking for better ideas on how to do so.
1. Choose your smoking device-of-choice.
2. Take your nugget, and break it into small pieces. By doing so, more surface area is exposed. Therefore, a more adequate cherry can be formed and more of an effect can be induced.
3. Lighly push down on your bowl, making sure you don't have an overflow. When your bowl is heated, your goodness will expand and possibly fall out of the bowl.
4. Lightly hit (inhale) on your device of choice. If any resistance is felt, airate your bowl by rearranging and stacking your goods.
5. Set your lighter to low butane, for by doing so, more inhalation must occur, less goodness will be wasted, and less butane will go inside you.
6. Feel free to cover your bowl with a quarter. By doing so, you can get the most effect and waste less.

Once again, feel free to comment.
  • udyrfrykte likes this

Shamrock0820

Shamrock0820

yo lets burn

• Old School
  • 2,747 posts

3. Lighly push down on your bowl, making sure you don't have an overflow.

Haha that made my night..

Mellowvibe

Mellowvibe

Blunt monger.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 173 posts
Hahahahaha dude thats chill as fuck.

It reminds me, just a few days ago my freind and I packed a sweet bowl, we were talking about how it was the "perfect" bowl.
How can a one bowl be different from any other you ask?

This bowl was packed 1/3 OG kush, 1/3 purple haze, and 1/3 this bud called "pot o gold".

Btw, I know there isn't any REAL purple haze around anymore, I just ment some dank nuggs with purple hairs.

Sorry, to jack the thread so rudely, but I just had to mention that.
Dude, there are some chill pointers in there, im trying the quarter idea next time I have weed.

DctrFeelGood

DctrFeelGood

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
My buds and I usually do something called "rimmer protocol", which is a method of packing the bowl. You basically pack the bowl until maximal densities are achieved by pushing it down with your thumb, thus attaining "cleetonian densities" insuring a bowl that will hit hard and last a long time.

br3ad_

br3ad_

• Old School
  • 5,342 posts
If you pack your bowl tight, with a lot of weed, you dont really get the full sensationof the hit, theres a lot being wasted, atleast thats what i find..i usually pack small semi-tight bowls..lol..

Smoking Weed Is Like An Art.:hello:

Hazed

Hazed

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,494 posts
Smaller bowls, more of them

My method, it gives me something to do while I get blazed... and it saves weed (I smoke dank that is $100 a quad) so saving is gooood :D

IndianaToker

IndianaToker

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 8,952 posts

2. Take your nugget, and break it into small pieces. By doing so, more surface area is exposed. Therefore, a more adequate cherry can be formed and more of an effect can be induced.

Try a grinder, very effective! Yummy crystally, leftover goodness. :D Before I got my grinder I always used a pair of sharp scissors and a shot glass. Works great too. :smoking:

Posted Image

highinhouston

highinhouston

Pretty Chilled

• Old School
  • 895 posts
2 medium size very tightly packed bowls last long and do the job.

ima try the quarter thing sounds like a cool idea

LakaiDude89

LakaiDude89

Veteran-ish

• Registered Upgraded
  • 200 posts
to conserve weed,you can also light just the outter parts of the bowl so everyone can have a little green hit.
kind of hard to explain but easy to demonstrate.

highinhouston

highinhouston

Pretty Chilled

• Old School
  • 895 posts

to conserve weed,you can also light just the outter parts of the bowl so everyone can have a little green hit.
kind of hard to explain but easy to demonstrate.

called cornering a bowl

Wykid

Wykid

aka Lucipher Cy Young

• Old School
  • 3,851 posts
you will need the following:
1) a kief grinder, preferably aluminum and magnetized.
2) some high end marijuana.
3) a pipe/water pipe
4) lighter, preferably a blue or black Bic.

instructions:
1) open your grinder and add some of the marijuana.
2) put the top on the grinder and grind the marijuana.
3) take the marijuana out.
4) put a fair ammount of marijuana in the bowl of the pipe/water pipe.
5) take lighter and smoke the marijuana :smoke:

repeat a few times.

after some kief is collected add the kief to some bowls.

there is your perfect bowl :smoking:

Tokemon5478

Tokemon5478

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 174 posts
Although it doesn't work out that great, you can make a Salad Bowl, where you pack the bowl above the rim. This isn't always too good though because when it's light it expands. And too tight bowls suck, sometimes I can't even draw through them.

Jaded

Jaded

• Bronze Member
  • 7,506 posts

dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater

Pot Ninja

• Old School
  • 6,211 posts
This is a GREAT thread! I have been in search of the perfectly packed bowl. I do everything jik2 listed except I use a grinder. I normally pack my bowls half full, but I'm thinking I need to go just a bit smaller... I don't feel my bowl is ever perfect. Ok I can't take it anymore, I'm getting Betty out and packing her up! I still have an hour left of work but I just don't care right now. I shall take a picture of my packed bowl for inspection by my fellow blades.

popsson

popsson

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 2,875 posts
lol this is nice, ur mad passionate about your bowls.

realdealz28

realdealz28

its called kalashnikov...

• Old School
  • 1,571 posts
I agree but I have one major rule. Never thumb the bowl down...use something other than your fingers, chap stick bottle for exp., reason being I recently read an article where the bud was fully examined( under microscopes) from every point as soon as it left the plant. The author found that the handling of marijuana loses more of the trich. aka(flavor crystals) He also showed pics of what the bowl looked like packed down by your thumb and your thumb robs the GREEN HIT of all the important flavor...the pictures proved it all, after thumbing the bowl most of all the trich. heads were broke off left on your thumb. Try it out...hope this helps!:D
  • dirtybongwater likes this

HerbsINtheBurbs

HerbsINtheBurbs

Spread Green Love

• Old School
  • 4,137 posts
I'm a little mor specific when I actually take the time to artfully pack my bowls (1 in 5 lets say) it includes in this order

Base Nug: very important, keeps shake and ash from drawing to device and its a nice last few hits, make it a li'l bigger than the stem hole, so it covers it but does not restrict air flow by a degree that would prevent smoking.

Shake and small pieces: For those of you that have shake on the bottom of your bags, or for those of you that use grinders (or both) you put smoothly surrounding the base nug. Make it nice, these can be a big milkshot (or a few depending on size)

Medium sized pieces (hand broken up, or bigger grinder pieces, but not crumbled.)
Add these with a little force to pack the bowl down, these are the first body of the smoke.

done. its easier when you do it automatically.

dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater

Pot Ninja

• Old School
  • 6,211 posts
realdealz28, it's possible that you've just made me believe in God again... :smoke:

Ok I have my empty bowl with my glass screen in it - in the first picture. (this is a large roor bowl)

Second picture is a packed bowl almost untouched by me. I put the nug in my grinder from there I didn't touch it again. I used a joint filter (folded in half) to pack the bowl. I don't feel like it was as properly packed as I usually like, but I put less than I normally would and it hit like a champ. heh... I need someone here taking milk shot pictures.

I do think I will be packing 1/4 of a bowl from here on out... mmhmm... :hello:

Attached Files

gump

gump

I'm down with G-zus

• Registered Upgraded
  • 141 posts
I've never needed to use the quarter, if you corner the bowl well you can use the metal flame shield on your lighter.

tbs0015

tbs0015

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
this is how i pack my bowls

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users