Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ISO Hash

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by trinitynzxt, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Sirsog u just hit my next question but since ur already touched on the subject maybe you could link me something that is meant for smoking hash and hash oil out of. ive seen many things from weird cone things u put in ur bong to hot plates with some wierd inverted bowl above it ect. I'd spend like 50 - 100 on something that would work well (cheaper that works well is better lol)

2. Damn I wish etsy was still glass worthy I got some glass hotknives, pretty much just a long glass tube with a flat end you heat and dab the oil on to while inhaling through the tube haha... they were only 15 bucks. I have no idea where to get anything else other than a head shop, just ask if they have glass hotknives haha they should be cheap, you do need a torch though....I use a blow torch lol

Edit: these are what I bought but I don't know if etsy can still sell glass.... haha
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/70492286/glass-hot-knives-color-changing-cupped

3. yea im actually good friends with the guy who owns the headshop in my area and i know his inventory better than him and he's never had anything of the sort.

Edit: he just texted me back asking whats a hot knife lol.

4. Haha well then I would contact that shop on etsy and see if they can sell you them! They kick major ass, I've been ripping my qwiso and getting myself waaaay too high hahahahaha

5. #25 trinitynzxt, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    oh shit dude thats like hella sick. i need that.

never the less im hella baked at the moment from the hash and the ice cream bud i mixed it with. but yea i'ma hit them up tomorrow and see if i cant get that. especially for 15 bucks. only downside to those is they seem like it may be easy to burn urself

6. Also +Rep cuz i followed ur guide to make the shit in the first place haha.

7. Haha I've never burned myself but it will happen some time I'm sure.

8. I have been looking around and can't seem to come accross any1 doing what I thought of. Can you use iso extraction method on large amounts of saved up resin? I usually break it into little bits and mix it with tobacco in my bong but wondering if there's a better way. I use iso on all my stems twice a year and thats works sick. I heard of ppl putting their rez balls in water to separate the ash in the rez.

9. #29 VapeNStone, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
    If you were a seasoned toker you wouldn't have to ask this lol. But, yes it will be enough, don't just smoke it by itself put it on top of some bud because you won't need a ton.

10. #30 trinitynzxt, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011
    dude ive been smoking pot for 14 years. simply because i have not made / smoked QWISO before I made this thread doesn't mean I'm not a seasoned toker.

[​IMG]
    My noobish 420 bowl. (sorry the g is a bit off center i'm not a seasoned toker).

11. Ive had my qwiso fucking pwn seasoned tokers too lol, being seasoned and oil are so unrelated..... people and their silly theories

12. sirsog the oil i made for 420 was so bomb we had a hard time doing much of anything. some how just smokin a bowl by itself doesn't have as much of a punch right now especially after 420.

13. Yea but in your 14 years of smoking you have had regular hash right? So compare the same? I do hope you feel better though. Damn this internet has ruined people. So lazy now-a-days.

14. ISO is oil not hash, for future referance

15. #35 SIRSOG, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lol hash is still mostly made of oil, if its more plant matter than oil you need better hash, its just the filtration that causes it to loose the plant matter. One in the same if you really think about it cause its just splitting hairs

16. #36 VapeNStone, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011
    ummmmmm really? I have made ISO hash before that was like regular hash(like putty in your hands)but, I have also made ISO that came out nothing but oil. So it all depends on what you make the ISO out of. Usually I get the hashy like substance when I use ABV weed, but when I use just stems its usually just oil. Not to mention the name of his thread is "ISO Hash". Just for future reference.

17. Lol its all in the filtration.... less filtration = more hash like product, more = more oil like product... when i was using coffee filters my shit came out more like a hashy oil, now that i can triple filter it efficiently it comes out as a viscus oil that i have to use heat on to make handle able. Course then its also in the soak/shake time... less soak n shake = less compounds of the plant matter are being dissolved... but yea with ABV since the triches were vaped off i could see it easily being more hashy hahaha.

Its kinda funny, cause hash = trichomes and hash oil, is just dissolved trichomes.... hahahahahaha

18. #38 backroadtokin, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    ^^lol^^

19. triple filter huh? How do you go about doing this triple filter? I just use a metal mesh coffee filter out of my wifes coffee maker. It has work great so far and the metal mesh is very fine, so I seem to get almost if not all of the plant matter out.

20. I use a filter flask and Buchner funnel with a vacuum pump. I can filter 2 bottles of iso (course its already "qwiso'ed") 3 times in 5-10 mins hahaha, through medium speed filter papers (2 at a time)

this is what the set up looks like, you attach that tube on the pump (cheap pump but it does the job) to that little nipple on the flask, and it pretty much sucks the iso through the filter, because gravity takes way way too long for the amount of qwiso i make hahahahaha
    [​IMG]