What do you have copied? Paste it. No cheating!

Discussion in 'General' started by SixTimesThree, Apr 5, 2011.

1. She was living in a single room w/ 3 other individuals, one of them was a male, and the other two, well hell the other two were females. God only knows what they were up to in there, and furthermore Susan I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marijuana cigarettes..... reefers

2. #10704 King Willie, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. flying spaghetti monster

4. MERCEDES-BENZ E250

5. People tend to argue about whether anarchy would work or lead to chaos. I'm here to say that's the wrong debate. The right debate is whether anarchy is even possible. I am arguing that government always exists by definition.

Government is an entity with a monopoly on the use of force over a given area.

Even if each household is making its own rules and enforcing them over its own area those are governments. And for all practical purposes the people in each of these households will have to interact with each other and find some way of resolving disagreements. These resolutions and what ever parties are involved in forming the resolutions naturally is government in the first place and in time evolves into a more formalized form of government.

So is it possible? You could say the Moon is an anarchy since nobody lives there. But anywhere people live there is government.

Every proposal for "Anarchy" involves concepts like "social defense", "voluntary organization" and a convoluted set of mental gymnastics to explain why it doesn't count as government. Typically they are just proposing very decentralized governments run either by federations starting locally with democratic councils (the left-wing 'anarchy') this is identical to council communism in all but name or run by businesses and contractual agreements between them (so-called 'anarcho-capitalism') which is just federated plutocracy.

If you really think you've got the right idea for the right system of organization for society as a whole that's fine, but don't beat around the bush and call it "anarchy".

It's disturbing that even credentialed and celebrated intellectuals such as Chompsky will use the label when their ideas quite clearly amount to proposals for different systems of government rather than its abolition.

One group of anarchists may legitimately be called anarchists, anarchopacifists. They want no use of force anywhere whatsoever and recognize that that means no government. But let's face it even in a wonderfully enlightened world where the vast, vast majority of people are peaceful and refrain from using force against each other occasionally there will be a few bad apples and we shouldn't just sit there and take it (which is what an anarchopacifist would do or they would try singing protest songs and offering flowers of love to try to appease the attackers) and if we don't and won't then there is a government.
    \n\n\nfurthermore the idea that anarchy would be viable/possible relies on the notion that if left to their devices humans would do good things, they wouldn't, if that was so there would be no laws. The hundreds of thousands of years before simple forms of government existed were anarchy; chaos that is, there was no real progress and tribes killed each other and there was no real conscious ethical deliberation on things.

Also, if government is anything that exercises force over a particular area is taken in its literal sense then there has never nor ever will be any anarchy, humans will always form hierarchical structures when left to their own devices. Tribes would always have a leader or leaders that make decisions, and each tribe would loosely govern or exert force on a certain area.
    \nso what do you think? is anarchy achievable?

6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReNavhcXUYk

7. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Olympics: http://youtu.be/orwlV9F6c5Q Some creative people out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. æ— 

Sent from a iPhone 6

10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDn2EV-VHg4

11. There was plenty of crime a couple hundred years ago in schools & family 'values' change decade to decade. It has nothing to do with God/religion & everything to do with man.

Why would -not reading- about God in school hinder a child? It leaves the imaginary stuff for the parents; let school teachers teach the facts.

Yes, it is just a coincidence.

This is how you sound: