Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

will a 400 mh bulb work in a 400 w hps ballast

• Please log in to reply

the potman

the potman

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
i put the mh bulb in the hps ballast to see if it would work, and it did. i only kept it lit for about 2 min.
the bulb had to be twice as bright in the hps ballast. with that said is the mh ballast starting to go bad or is the hps ballast to strong. also during the flowering stage would it be better to turn of the mh light and just run the hps or would it be better to run both at thye same time.

josephspare21

josephspare21

Never a failure, Always a lesson

• Registered Upgraded
  • 890 posts

i put the mh bulb in the hps ballast to see if it would work, and it did. i only kept it lit for about 2 min.
the bulb had to be twice as bright in the hps ballast. with that said is the mh ballast starting to go bad or is the hps ballast to strong. also during the flowering stage would it be better to turn of the mh light and just run the hps or would it be better to run both at thye same time.

no u cant put mh bulb into hps system unless it is made for both

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users