I don't want full legalization of marijuana.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by MedicalSativa, Apr 3, 2011.

1. the business and corporations part of our country
    will not be happy about weed coming into the picture

theres def gonna be some sketchy shit happening if it makes it
    that far, to be sold in stores and 'regulated'

2. #22 MedicalSativa, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Oh but they will be happy, as I said before... there is money to be made.

That's all I'm trying to point out man... all I'm trying to say. In the future whether or not that "sketchy shit" will outweigh the benefits of full-fledged legalization is up to debate.

3. After coming across dozens of threads exactly like this one i have narrowed down the proper response to 3 options.

A- op is ignorant about the subject.
    B- op profits from the black market.
    C- both.

4. Well, wouldn't the right to grow be included in full legalization? Then you could grow your own and not worry about all the chemicals and shit.

Plus, wouldn't fucking with the plant too much alter/take away it's effect? I don't smoke tobacco, but I've heard pipe tobacco is a shit ton better than cigs, it would probably be the same with weed.

Pure tobacco vs. Cigs = Pure weed vs. Frankenjoints.

5. i meant other businesses and corporations, theres also alot of money to be LOST. aka pharmaceuticals n shit.+ some more others.

but i ask this to some of you, in what ways will Full legalization, regulation and marketing, benefit you and the rest of us in the country?

6. #26 MedicalSativa, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
    You sir, clearly did not read my original post. I clearly created an unbiased stance on the matter.

Yes of course your right to grow would be included, but my main point is that the weed regulated by the government would most likely be more convenient to the consumer in short term (price, potency, packaging, easy access), but hazardous to the health and other long term effects (additives, corruption, scandals).

That's waaaaaaayyyy to easy, there are TONS of benefits from Full-fledged legalization, but once again I am just trying to weigh those already known benefits with some negatives that many people choose to ignore.

I would love for marijuana to be legalized (despite contradicting the title of the thread, it was more too hook people into viewing it) but I am beginning to question the ability of the government to handle the powerhouse that the marijuana industry has potential to be.

7. for one it would keep my ass and many others out of jail. . . first and foremost. .Then the states can chew on the tax revenues. . .and we can grow in peace. . . these are all benefits of full on legalization. . .

I think there will be some struggles in the beginning. . .hence the need for regulation, its gonna be a process I can imagine. . .

8. I'll give you corruption and scandals. . .but what corp doesn't. . .I don't think the product makes any differences. . .corruption follows money my man. . .

But, I don't buy the additives argument. . .I don't see how that couldn't be put in check. . . or if it would even evolve to that. . i.e Alcohol companies. . .

9. See but regulation in and of itself is the problem.

You need to regulate the grows to make sure big business aren't beefing up the weed.*

BUT at the SAME time you need to regulate the marijuana to make it 'safe' for consumption/use.**

*(which in most cases is very easily bypassed/overlooked no matter what the product is that need to be regulated.)

**(only gives big companies more room to add things to the weed to attempt to make it 'safer')

10. Alcohol is a little too broad, those regulations are easier to do seeing as there are fewer variables in producing the product very unlike the growing/cultivation of marijuana.

11. Soo, we just never trust that we can somehow manage to figure out how to regulate, while we continue to goto jail, or be fined. . .and to continue to allow the criminal element to run the lower end of the MJ business. . .

12. I like amsterdams legal coffee shops and stuff so there isn't a pot store on every corner I like weed but I don't wanna see it every day I drive anywhere maybe treat it the same as alcohol

13. although, to be devils advocate. . .I do have a slight fear of what big pharm would do when they could play with it freely and make some synthetic prescription form. . .(marinol)

14. That's where decriminalization comes into play sir.

15. Then explain it to me. . .cause I can't see how decriminalization is better. .

16. I couldn't just settle with "turning a blind eye" cause we're afraid of the web of rules we would have to weave, and the ways around them. . .

17. It's not really better in any sense, but from my understanding decriminalization means it's still not legal, but it removes criminal charges of possessing/using/growing (to an extent) thus making it less of a priority to law/drug enforcement.

18. Hahaha you way beat me to it. Op what the hell are you even talking about? You are just making up a bunch of sensationalist crap in some messed up plight against legalizing marijuana. Newsflash-if you smoke marijuana, it would be in your best interest if it was made legal. Honestly, whatever commercial bullshit they do to weed will be outweighed by small grows, I guarentee it. So there will always be a good supply available for those who want it, and if not, they can grow their own. Just like everyone else keeps saying, so no matter what angle you try to argue it from, it all comes back down to that.

19. You clearly have not read the whole thread, this being said; why even post?

I am very well aware that there will still be small growers. But thinking that those small growers will be able to compete with the Big Companies is just wishful thinking.

Cheaper, Higher Quality, Availability, 'Safety', Marketing, Capitol. It all comes down to those factors. All of which, where the Big Companies have the upper-hand.

I'm disappointed GC, I really thought someone would give me something to chew on, there isn't much substance in the previous rebuttles.

20. if a small company has a good product and good prices in a convenient place it can compete with bigger companies proof would be all big companies stated somewhere